Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Government used its numbers to block documents being tabled so the Boys' Club is already riding to the rescue. There'll be a few Melbourne scapegoats sacrificed, much will be made of the AFL having a new leadership (even though he's basically Gil with a name change and likely knew himself what was happening) and they'll tell their media puppets to go heavy on the Gather Round PR.

Is anyone surprised?

Also does it explain all of our random injuries that mysteriously happened after the injury list came out?
Presumably this would only really explain people missing one game, maybe two. We tend to lose people for the season so probably mostly still the legit injury curse - assume you would need a pretty serious bender to be testing positive for a full season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If any club / supporters ever refer to the West Coast scandal again... seriously, Essendon, Hawks (?) & now Melbourne drug scandals have surpassed what happened at the Eagles. Throw in the Collingwood actual performance enhancing infractions, the Freo scandals, and other random ones around the league.

When some eagles players were crossing the line... players at every other club around the league was doing the same.

Where are the media cries for mums not to let there kids play for Melbourne now?

The timing of Andrew Wilkie's allegations in Parliament is uncanny as only last night I finished reading Michael Warner's The Boys's Club (and what a revealing book it is). So, none of the allegations surprise. It will be interesting to watch the reputation management shenanigans to follow.

As an Eagles fan, it will be interesting to see if the Melbourne media applies the same blowtorch to other clubs as it did to the Eagles in the 2000s. I suspect we know the answer to that though. One small benefit of us being at the wrong end of the ladder is that we don't need to look forward to a new Rita Panahi expose on lives ruined by the West Coast Eagles every September.

Last edited:
The timing of Andrew Wilkie's allegations in Parliament is uncanny as only last night I finished reading Michael Warner's The Boys's Club (and what a revealing book it is). So, none of the allegations surprise. It will be interesting to watch the reputation management shenanigans to follow.

As an Eagles fan, it will be interesting to see if the Melbourne media applies the same blowtorch to other clubs as it did to the Eagles in the 2000s. I suspect we know the answer to that though. One small benefit of us being at the wrong end of the ladder is that we don't need to look forward to a new Rita Panahi expose on lives ruined by the West Coast Eagles every September.
This has more of East Germany about it than Essendon.

Hard to describe how I feel about that book - great read and very interesting, yet so disappointing that the league is like that. I've always known that they like to make things up as they go along as being in the best interests of the competition but the lengths they go to is quite shocking. And they answer to absolutely nobody about it too.

Hard to describe how I feel about that book - great read and very interesting, yet so disappointing that the league is like that. I've always known that they like to make things up as they go along as being in the best interests of the competition but the lengths they go to is quite shocking. And they answer to absolutely nobody about it too.

It definitely makes you understand the decision making at VFL house, just a bush league tarted up robbing peter to pay paul.

i like how wce were hung out to try, yet all the vic clubs get protected from the AwFL

Read the book mentioned above - the AFL tried their best to step in and sweep the Eagles scandals under the rug too but were too slow.

The West Coast Eagles circa 2006 are now the only honest team in a league full of cheats, crooks and charlatans.

Where others hid behind fake injuries and medical exemptions, the Eagles stood boldly, nay proudly, and proclaimed in one voice: “Yes, we are absolutely on the gear”.

They should throw us a ******* parade.

The West Sport

@TheWestSport
·
8m

BREAKING: The AFL has confirmed it does allow club doctors to “take steps to prevent a player from taking part” in training and games if they have been found to have an illicit substance in their system.

.....So what they are saying is that clubs are aloud to cover up drug sanctions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back