Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Makes it obvious that the player may try to play on.
Ya.. but it would be right up there with the 'Franklin' style play on BEHIND the umpire setting the mark.. which I refuse to believe is fair or should be legal.. the defender can't do anything to stop the forward from running around.. shits me everytime..

How freaking unpredictable is the final 8 now!? I'm looking at the Hawks and thinking they could lose 5 or win 6! If there continues to be upsets then it will play havoc with the top four in particular, because those teams are also playing quite a few games against one another. There seems to be a very high chance that if any team currently in the 8 wins all, or almost all their final games this season then they will end up near the top. Even Sydney need to watch themselves! If they go down to the Hawks next week then they will be that much more vulnerable to us the week after, then they have Port the next week. And they would have to be the one team that you usually would think would be clear of any danger. All up it's a total lottery!

It's great for people watching the games. So many games are important for ladder positions and teams outside the 8 are also playing well.

This was one of the rounds of the season, nobody would have predicted that on Friday afternoon.
It was 'ONE OF THE ROUNDS OF THE YEAR!!'/ Dwayne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The best that I've seen, obviously IMO.

Sandliands had his moments, but noone else comes close for mine.

Everitt and Primus were two very underrated ruckmen of a similar era.
Ottens would have to be up there

It'll take someone pretty special to knock off Simon Madden as GOAT imo. Cox is right up there, and obviously if you force rules to be changed like Primus then you're a pretty decent player.

GOAT vs GIES.... well obviously I never saw Polly Farmer.

Cox is indisputably the best ruckman of the past twenty years (best since Simon Madden), and you could mount a decent case for best of all time.

Genuine champion.

I liked his little gesture of support at Subiaco last year after Jobe Boogate. Gave me even more respect for him.

Michael Gardiner always gets underrated I feel. His few seasons before the chronic knee problems were exceptional. In fact, if it wasn't for the knee problems, Dean Cox may never have even had a look in.

I remember a game he played for the Saints in '09 where he went against Dean Cox and dominated him. He was a very talented ruckman, his body just didn't hold up.

Most even year of footy I can remember for a long while. Even the s**t teams have won some games against decent sides and been competitive when you don't expect it. If sydney returns to early season form then we could see a Grand finalist from outside the top 4.

It'll take someone pretty special to knock off Simon Madden as GOAT imo. Cox is right up there, and obviously if you force rules to be changed like Primus then you're a pretty decent player.

GOAT vs GIES.... well obviously I never saw Polly Farmer.

Snap.

Most even year of footy I can remember for a long while. Even the s**t teams have won some games against decent sides and been competitive when you don't expect it.
I agree, and yet my feeling is that there have also been a greater than usual number of pantsings in supposedly-competitive matchups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back