Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

My God North s**t me. You can't tip them because you never which schizophrenic personality will turn up to the game and you look at their list let's be honest, it's full of honest players who try. And they're in the ******* 8?????

I honestly think they've peaked, or at best have another year of being in the bottom part of the eight.

Collingwood had a soft draw in the first half of the season. Posted after the Hawthorn loss, that Collingwood's young team may struggle after three consecutive close losses and this is how its paid out.

WC were dead set ordinary against the GC - Reckon we would have beaten the WC.

I feel 2015 is Norths' last crack at Top 4/flag.

I don't think they're close to a flag at all. They're like us, only they've yet to be exposed for how average they are and will continue along that path until a young team give them a pumping like St Kilda did to us..

North Melbourne are mimicking the 2009 - 2011 Carlton team.

They think they are close because they have finished between 5-8 a couple of years in a row.
They will decline before they will rise.

It's funny how teams 'team up' when they think they're close to a flag.

In hindsight, the best teams will finish themselves off with one, maybe two players not the 3+ players like we did and North have done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's funny how teams 'team up' when they think they're close to a flag.

In hindsight, the best teams will finish themselves off with one, maybe two players not the 3+ players like we did and North have done.

True but in our case we did not have all our draft picks to use. I think it will be wiser to judge what we are doing after WADA has cleared up.
It is fair to say things would have been much different if we did not lose draft picks.

Have to say the media has gone a bit over the top over Friday night's game. Great win by the Tigers and i said very early here that they where a good side
but it was not as amazing as they where carrying on. The Tigers played to their best, the Hawks did not, it happens.

Thumbs up for Hardwicke for not trying to copy anyone anymore and finding a game plan that suites a side with a bit of pace, average skills but a bunch of blokes who will have a 100% go most weeks. Would be good if our blokes can find the team mojo again next year in the same way the Tigers play.

Watched three games this weekend and they've all been fantastic contents. Over the past 12-24 months I've avoided neutral games like nothing else, my passion for the game has eroded week by week, but this has been a good round.

So my preference for the finals this season is basically being all-in on Freo winning it, as Sydney or Hawthorn would be just terrible. I can see that as it gets closer, not wanting West Coast to win it, but if the alternative is either Grand Finalist from last season, it's the lesser of three evils, I suppose.

Other than that, Collingwood and North not even making the 8 would suit me just fine.

So my preference for the finals this season is basically being all-in on Freo winning it, as Sydney or Hawthorn would be just terrible. I can see that as it gets closer, not wanting West Coast to win it, but if the alternative is either Grand Finalist from last season, it's the lesser of three evils, I suppose.

Other than that, Collingwood and North not even making the 8 would suit me just fine.
So long as Richmond, Hawthorn or Sydney don't win the flag I'm happy enough.

Gotta be Richmond of the 3 though? **** Hawthorn winning a three-peat, whilst I'm not sure I could handle the traditional GF Marathon being dedicated entirely to Adam Goodes, which is probably what C7 will do.
Easy way to avoid watching GF Parade on TV is to actually go. I haven't missed on in 10 years.

Gotta be Richmond of the 3 though? **** Hawthorn winning a three-peat, whilst I'm not sure I could handle the traditional GF Marathon being dedicated entirely to Adam Goodes, which is probably what C7 will do.
I find the Tigers to be a very likeable team (Excluding Jack) but some of there supporters are unbearable. I know all teams have bad eggs but the Tiger supporters I know are the biggest loud mouths ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back