Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Thread X

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitchell,Hodge,Burgoyne,Hale,Lewis etc all 30+

They will be the next Geelong not totally bottom out but in that 7th to 12th range.

Hale will retire. Will get replaced by Cegler, the others you mentioned have not slowed down, and probably won't for at least another 2 years. Lake is the interesting one. Would not be surprised to see Hawthorn make a play for Henderson/Carlisle.

They also have have a good core of players who are 26 or under.

Smith
Stratton
Rioli
Bruest
Gunston
Dureya
Schoenmakers
Shiels
Langford
Hill
Hartung
Langford

Throw in kids like O'Rourke, Anderson, Sicily, Howe as well, and I can't see them falling off a cliff anytime soon.

******* hell I'm jealous of those campaigners.

When that guy dropped the ball in extra time I just called out, you just dropped the GF! He'll struggle with that for a long while the poor bloke.

JT the absolute legend. The last 10 minutes were so intense.
The second half was full on

Loved how JT went and spoke to every member of the Broncos

Hale will retire. Will get replaced by Cegler, the others you mentioned have not slowed down, and probably won't for at least another 2 years. Lake is the interesting one. Would not be surprised to see Hawthorn make a play for Henderson/Carlisle.

Smith
Stratton
Rioli
Bruest
Gunston
Dureya
Schoenmakers
Shiels
Langford
Hill
Hartung
Langford

Throw in kids like O'Rourke, Anderson, Sicily, Howe as well, and I can't see them falling off a cliff anytime soon.

Haha we all are.

The second half was full on

Loved how JT went and spoke to every member of the Broncos

It's a really interesting dynamic out there. Unlike AFL, so many of the players from both teams have shared some incredible moments at representative level so there is a load of respect on show, especially between the captains who are as close as brothers.

Smith
Stratton
Rioli
Bruest
Gunston
Dureya
Schoenmakers
Shiels
Langford
Hill
Hartung
Langford

You've listed Langford twice.

Also not many inside mids the quality of Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne etc. there. Also no key defenders or rucks that scream quality.

The dream is to win a Grand Final right at the death like that. Would probably die of stress as a result, but damn the jubilation would be incredible.

Can't imagine what the Cowboys fans are feeling right now.

It looks incredibly petty to nitpick at a team that just won their third straight flag. **** me dead.

Congratulations to Hawthorn. Now let's never speak of this again! ;)

Jesus...I've never read so much s**t in my life here.

Discrediting premierships because they lost a final, assuming other premiership sides would've beaten them on the day etc?? What a crock of s**t!!

I actually believe their last 2 wins have been so clinical, I doubt many sides would've got near them. West Coast apart from a 10 min window could never get going & that chance was just as quickly snuffed out as it appeared!

This club is incredible the way they recruit, manage & develop their players & deserve all the credit in the world as much as it pains me to say because I hate the pricks. In an era where there's 18 teams, draft priviliges been granted to GWS & GC etc, their achievement is all the more meritorious. And if it means player management was prioritised over winning games during H&A to get the ultimate then that's even more impressive.

But **** me, looking for ways to discredit them is just clutching.

I'm not sure if your post was directed at me srobbo but I'll assume it was in part due to the point about comparing Hawthorn to other premiership teams.

I find no issue in providing a critique on the relative strength of one premier to another. This is not a "crock of s**t" or "discrediting" Hawthorn. I think you'll find my post was very well balanced and provided due credit to an awesome achievement by the club.

It may seem "petty" to highlight shortcomings of a triple premiership side but that does not mean that the analysis is driven by jealousy or some other poor characteristic of a person. It neither makes it any less correct. To combine fair and considered criticism with balanced and positive accolades is more than okay so please limit your whinging of open debate moving forward and instead respond to just the points instead of adding rhetorical swipes to boot.

that was the greatest grand final (outside of my own team winning a close one once in '84) I have ever seen.

utterly ridiculous.

* A try after the siren to level the score

* a poster to miss the winning field goal

* a golden point in a grand final (never happened in the history of the game)

* a dropped catch from the first kick

* a first premiership EVER from the team that achieved all of the above!!

* off Cowboys! its your day today!!

Last edited by a moderator:
No, it's not. If the players can't celebrate a premiership after the siren with their loved ones, family and children then something is terribly wrong.

And they have so much opportunity to do that away from the podium, which is basically the most "sacrosanct" place, I guess, in football.

In other news, thank God for the NRL! Sad state of affairs when I'm saying that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And they have so much opportunity to do that away from the podium, which is basically the most "sacrosanct" place, I guess, in football.

In other news, thank God for the NRL! Sad state of affairs when I'm saying that.

Ah, I must have misunderstood. The podium is a different story altogether, and I certainly agree with your opinion on that. Having their children and families on the field though after the game should be fine and widely accepted.

I'm not sure if your post was directed at me srobbo but I'll assume it was in part due to the point about comparing Hawthorn to other premiership teams.

I find no issue in providing a critique on the relative strength of one premier to another. This is not a "crock of s**t" or "discrediting" Hawthorn. I think you'll find my post was very well balanced and provided due credit to an awesome achievement by the club.

It may seem "petty" to highlight shortcomings of a triple premiership side but that does not mean that the analysis is driven by jealousy or some other poor characteristic of a person. It neither makes it any less correct. To combine fair and considered criticism with balanced and positive accolades is more than okay so please limit your whinging of open debate moving forward and instead respond to just the points instead of adding rhetorical swipes to boot.

Well, it wasn't specifically directed at you as such, more a combination of overlapping tripe.

But gees, your justification seems to go around and around in circles. I think you've just successfully talked yourself into a corner.

Move on & get over yourself.

that was the greatest grand final (outside of my own team winning a close one once in '84) I have ever seen.

utterly ridiculous.

* A try after the siren to level the score

* a poster to miss the winning field goal

* a golden point in a grand final (never happened in the history of the game)

* a dropped catch from the first kick

* a first premiership EVER from the team that achieved all of the above!!

* off Cowboys! its your day today!!

Best ending to a major sporting event I've seen.

Had epic's on its epics.

Last edited by a moderator:
You've listed Langford twice.

Also not many inside mids the quality of Hodge, Mitchell, Burgoyne etc. there. Also no key defenders or rucks that scream quality.

Couple of beers mate. I'll pretend the other Langford has played some some games and showed some promise :D

They weren't that good though, they lost games during the season.

yeah - lets compare apples with oranges - NFL play 24 games - NFL is a more even competition with the wooden spooner winning 8 games and State of Origin throws their league into disarray.

I think the double chance needs to be done away with.

Agreed. West Coast finished higher than Hawthorn, beat them with the home ground advantage that they earned, then had to prove that they could beat them away, but lost. Each team won one final against each other, yet the lower placed team is awarded the premiership. Who knows what would have happened if Hawthorn and West Coast met in the Grand Final having not played each other three weeks prior.

It pains me that after all the close preliminary final wins that Hawthorn escaped with, they finally lose a final but it happens to be one of those with a second chance attached.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back