Prediction North Melbourne or Richmond. Who will finish higher in 2024 ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Tigers, but if North keep getting priority pick handouts by the AFL there is going to come a point in time where they blow past a few clubs.

It is just how I see this playing out.

The thread was set by up by Elmer_Judd when he was in a mischievous mood.

In 2024 the Tiggers will be thereabouts to the 8, hopefully not 9th for the sake of all. Without Goldy and Ben M, NMFC will do well to scramble 4 wins.
Not sure what to make of ol Elmer.
He’s often so far off the mark with his statements it’s hard to tell if he’s taking the piss or just knows little about the game. I suggest it’s a strong mix of both.

Not sure what to make of ol Elmer.
He’s often so far off the mark with his statements it’s hard to tell if he’s taking the piss or just knows little about the game. I suggest it’s a strong mix of both.

Think he was enjoying himself.

It is just how I see this playing out.

The thread was set by up by Elmer_Judd when he was in a mischievous mood.

In 2024 the Tiggers will be thereabouts to the 8, hopefully not 9th for the sake of all. Without Goldy and Ben M, NMFC will do well to scramble 4 wins.

Richmond are no chance to make the 8 next year. None. Zilch, Zero, Zippo

Going forwards and assuming their rumoured draft concessions happen, I would take North's list over Richmond's, without even thinking about it.

Richmond are no chance to make the 8 next year. None. Zilch, Zero, Zippo

Going forwards and assuming their rumoured draft concessions happen, I would take North's list over Richmond's, without even thinking about it.

nmfc have talent coming in but getting out of dodge. More will leave as soon as they can. Bookmark it.

It is a real and typical mistake of this mob to let Goldy go.

nmfc have talent coming in but getting out of dodge. More will leave as soon as they can. Bookmark it.

It is a real and typical mistake of this mob to let Goldy go.
Their young talent is fantastic, but I worry about the stability the board and CEO will give the football dept.

Lots of work to do to build a vision and give the coaching and playing group the best chance of success.
Their last 20 years suggests this is a real issue for them.

Their young talent is fantastic, but I worry about the stability the board and CEO will give the football dept.

Lots of work to do to build a vision and give the coaching and playing group the best chance of success.
Their last 20 years suggests this is a real issue for them.

off field they need to find $3m pa they will lose when their deal in Tassie finishes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

off field they need to find $3m pa they will lose when their deal in Tassie finishes.
Yep.
They need to develop an on field and off field strategic plan.

What does best in class football dept look like and how do they get there. No more second rate assistants and paying them through the rookie list rubbish. They have cleaned out the assistants, now get the best.
Joel Selwood would be a great start to develop a strong leadership culture with the young group.

Elite fitness and conditioning staff.
Top of the line recruiters and list managers.
Create an environment where you don’t have to pay average Joes like Corr and Stephenson $600k a year to come play for them. They are a LONG way from being a destination club.

Get the best development coaches in. The fact Rowdy Brown was in the role for the 10 years is an indictment on the club.

Work out where the hell the club is going to play its home games from now on. It’s it’s marvel, embrace it and make it an environment where the members and fans turn up.

Build a plan where the club can stand on its own two feet from a financial perspective, and this means not skimping on football dept spend or anything else that doesn’t encourage the best talent to want to play for the club. Losing Tassie will hurt, so what plans do the ceo and Prez have to increase sponsorship? This plan should be in place now.

Have a board that supports the coaching staff in getting them what they need but also build realistic expectations on what should be achieved. The way the previous board left coach Shaw out to dry during the Covid year was able absolute disgrace. All involved should leave the club and move on.

And finally, stop asking for draft pick handouts. If they get more this year then so be it. But next year when they are even more putrid with their key defender and ruckman shunted out the door, they can’t come begging again. They wanted these guys gone for pretty draft picks.

It’s time for that club to restore some pride in itself and stand up on its own two feet.

All the above is MUCH more important than a simpleton analysis of saying this club has better kids than another’s.

I have bottom 4 next year as some combo of Hawthorn, West Coast, Gold Coast, and Fremantle.

Richmond would take the place of Fremantle though if Dustin Martin does end up leaving.

I think both Richmond and North will finish somewhere in that 10th-14th range, but I agree both are trending in different directions.
HAHA, Freo isn't finishing bottom 4, and neither is Gold Coast. Won 10 games with some disappointing losses. Will definitely bounce back. Gold Coast will turn the corner.

It will be a tight season like this season so someone has to finish bottom 4. GC had 9 wins so I wouldn't say they had a terrible "Bottom 4" season. 4-5 wins would likely be bottom 2.

Bottom is almost certainly set to be West Coast

Going from the top

Collingwood
Brisbane
GWS
Port
Carlton
Melbourne
Fremantle
Adelaide

I think these sides will round out the top 8 depending on how well they do filling in the gaps. If Port can fill their gaps with trades then they're a real threat.

9-12
St Kilda is that one side for me that I'm not really sure how they'll go.
Bulldogs, although vulnerable of slipping
G.C Will definitely turn the corner next season, they've got a lot of talent hitting that critical point of 23-25 years who are just too good NOT to succeed with Dimma.
North, I think they will turn the corner (Like G.C will have a lot of young players hitting that mark of being experienced enough to start winning games)

13-16
Sydney
Essendon
Hawthorn
Richmond
I'll put these teams in the next tier down as being the top end of the bottom 4. I don't think any of these teams are around the mark enough to win more than 9-10 games.

Geelong I see them finally falling off that cliff. They have way too much top end talent well beyond 30. It will be interesting to see how they do trade and draft wise, but they might see value investing and trading up in the draft.
West Coast Hard to see anyone being as inexpexperienced to win less games. At least sides like North have been building for some time.

Looking at that I'd say inmo likely, but any of the 13-16 teams could finish bottom 4.

Essendon
Hawthorn
Geelong
West Coast

HAHA, Freo isn't finishing bottom 4, and neither is Gold Coast. Won 10 games with some disappointing losses. Will definitely bounce back. Gold Coast will turn the corner.

It will be a tight season like this season so someone has to finish bottom 4. GC had 9 wins so I wouldn't say they had a terrible "Bottom 4" season. 4-5 wins would likely be bottom 2.

Bottom is almost certainly set to be West Coast

Going from the top

Collingwood
Brisbane
GWS
Port
Carlton
Melbourne
Fremantle
Adelaide

I think these sides will round out the top 8 depending on how well they do filling in the gaps. If Port can fill their gaps with trades then they're a real threat.

9-12
St Kilda is that one side for me that I'm not really sure how they'll go.
Bulldogs, although vulnerable of slipping
G.C Will definitely turn the corner next season, they've got a lot of talent hitting that critical point of 23-25 years who are just too good NOT to succeed with Dimma.
North, I think they will turn the corner (Like G.C will have a lot of young players hitting that mark of being experienced enough to start winning games)

13-16
Sydney
Essendon
Hawthorn
Richmond
I'll put these teams in the next tier down as being the top end of the bottom 4. I don't think any of these teams are around the mark enough to win more than 9-10 games.

Geelong I see them finally falling off that cliff. They have way too much top end talent well beyond 30. It will be interesting to see how they do trade and draft wise, but they might see value investing and trading up in the draft.
West Coast Hard to see anyone being as inexpexperienced to win less games. At least sides like North have been building for some time.

Looking at that I'd say inmo likely, but any of the 13-16 teams could finish bottom 4.

Essendon
Hawthorn
Geelong
West Coast
I think it is always a mistake to just assume GC won't be bottom 4.

I think it is always a mistake to just assume GC won't be bottom 4.
I think this season they were consistent with being a young talented side. Capable of so much but also so very disappointing over the course of the season. Something special is brewing at G.C

I think this season they were consistent with being a young talented side. Capable of so much but also so very disappointing over the course of the season. Something special is brewing at G.C
GC makes those promises every year. And breaks then every year.

But one day it must surely happen.

North are starting a long way back.
they've won 5 games in two years:
1. Beat half a WAFL side (WCE)
2. Richmond by 4pts - Richmond kicked 11.22
3. West Coast by 5 pts
4. Fremantle by 1pt
5. A Disinterested Gold Coast in the final round

You'd think Richmond are good for at least 8 wins. I'm not expecting North to win more than 6 next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back