North to go winless in 2024?

Remove this Banner Ad

You gotta know when to hold em and know when to fold em.
You guys just got murdered by bad luck. My mob had the second worst numbers of games lost to injury in 2023, behind you blokes, and we found it hard.

They’ll be fine, they cut a bit too deep potentially, but the talent they have will shine through soon enough. I’d be more concerned by Richmond, Saints and the bulldogs

Richmond at Marvel and Eagles in Hobart.

After the bye I want us to at least stop conceding 100pts even if we don't win
We need to see some green shoots.

They’ll be fine, they cut a bit too deep potentially, but the talent they have will shine through soon enough. I’d be more concerned by Richmond, Saints and the bulldogs

Wasn’t the exact same thing said 5 years ago?

Their culture is rotten, worse than Melbourne, Carlton, Richmond ever was. Their young talent is good and will improve but that will be offset by the senior players who are going to walk out as they’ve had enough.

Their culture is rotten, worse than Melbourne, Carlton, Richmond ever was. Their young talent is good and will improve but that will be offset by the senior players who are going to walk out as they’ve had enough.
Maybe, I think their current culture is fine. They’ll potentially lose 1 or two of tge next few years, but their base of talent will remain.

Richmond, Dogs and Saints will be victims of Tassie

Their fixture feels absurdly tough for a team we all knew would be bottom dwellers.

So far have had Hawthorn at Marvel and maybe Adelaide in Hobart as games they could win

From here, they have a brutal stretch than play West Coast in Melboure, Richmond at the MCG amd Hawthorn in Tassie again in the last 4 rounds (with Bulldogs in the middle - that could be a team in finals or just eliminated, so could go either way.

So they finish with 3, maybe 4 winnable games. But have a long stretch with very few mid season. Just seems a bit rough to me...

Our fans are much better, which helps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their fixture feels absurdly tough for a team we all knew would be bottom dwellers.

So far have had Hawthorn at Marvel and maybe Adelaide in Hobart as games they could win

From here, they have a brutal stretch than play West Coast in Melboure, Richmond at the MCG amd Hawthorn in Tassie again in the last 4 rounds (with Bulldogs in the middle - that could be a team in finals or just eliminated, so could go either way.

So they finish with 3, maybe 4 winnable games. But have a long stretch with very few mid season. Just seems a bit rough to me...

The afl has set fixtures every year, eg Anzac Day, showdowns etc. outside that I firmly believe the AFL preferences some teams they believe are on the up and good for the game commercially. The byproduct of that is some teams down the ladder will get unreasonably tough draws.

The lions used to be on the receiving end when we were bad.

Tbh I think it makes sense. You want to juice certain teams for $$$ and the bad teams will be bad regardless. And a softer draw and a few more wins won’t mean much.

For a winless team the atmosphere/dressing room is a pretty positive and upbeat place from all reports.

For a winless team the atmosphere/dressing room is a pretty positive and upbeat place from all reports.

They always are.

More talking about leadership off field and amongst the coaches/playing group. Development is shit because the senior players outside of Larkey and LDU are shit and you struggle to recruit these players to artificially create that environment. The names in the leadership group say it all.

Wines/Parker types have to be the target this off season or it’ll be more of the same in 2025.

I believe we will win the premiership in 2025.

They always are.

More talking about leadership off field and amongst the coaches/playing group. Development is s**t because the senior players outside of Larkey and LDU are s**t and you struggle to recruit these players to artificially create that environment. The names in the leadership group say it all.

Wines/Parker types have to be the target this off season or it’ll be more of the same in 2025.
No to wines, his potential heart issue is a worry.

Maybe Parker but would have to be invested and not just a late career pay boost.

I agree, and North have copped a rough draw, as have Hawthorn. It seems absurd that 2 bottom clubs from last year would get the rough end of the pineapple

The afl has set fixtures every year, eg Anzac Day, showdowns etc. outside that I firmly believe the AFL preferences some teams they believe are on the up and good for the game commercially. The byproduct of that is some teams down the ladder will get unreasonably tough draws.

The lions used to be on the receiving end when we were bad.

Tbh I think it makes sense. You want to juice certain teams for $$$ and the bad teams will be bad regardless. And a softer draw and a few more wins won’t mean much.
That shouldn't impact how hard the fixture is though. It might impact on weird travel times and sucky game slots but not the same thing.

As a supporter of a perennially shite team, i know that the AFL has typically stacked the front half of the season for teams it knows will suck. That means playing other garbage teams, flaky mid table teams at home, etc, all early on. It gives you early chance for a win or two, keeps the ladder even for longer, which is good

But the flipsidr means a long and miserable back half.of the year and in particular, a shitty last 4 weeks when you inevitably.end up playing the team in 5th who need percentage and get pumped by 100+

So i can see why this year they have saved something for North in the last few rounds this year. It means less chance of them distorting the finals too

The big issue is that this year North are going to have the mother of all.overreactions to their winning last year costing them Harley Reid. If Richmond win a couple more they may try to win late, but if Richmond are still on 2 wins or something they could go 0-23 despite being better than quite a few 3 and 4 win teams i have watched

That shouldn't impact how hard the fixture is though. It might impact on weird travel times and sucky game slots but not the same thing.

As a supporter of a perennially shite team, i know that the AFL has typically stacked the front half of the season for teams it knows will suck. That means playing other garbage teams, flaky mid table teams at home, etc, all early on. It gives you early chance for a win or two, keeps the ladder even for longer, which is good

But the flipsidr means a long and miserable back half.of the year and in particular, a shitty last 4 weeks when you inevitably.end up playing the team in 5th who need percentage and get pumped by 100+

So i can see why this year they have saved something for North in the last few rounds this year. It means less chance of them distorting the finals too

The big issue is that this year North are going to have the mother of all.overreactions to their winning last year costing them Harley Reid. If Richmond win a couple more they may try to win late, but if Richmond are still on 2 wins or something they could go 0-23 despite being better than quite a few 3 and 4 win teams i have watched

The lions would always get the opposite. First 5-7 weeks would be almost all top sides. So we would always be getting smashed and starting 0-5 or 0-7 etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back