NRL NRL 2024 - Round 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Tipping!

Thursday 25th April
New Zealand vs Gold Coast (Go Media Stadium - 14:00)
St.George-Illawarra vs Sydney Roosters (Allianz Stadium - 16:05)
Melbourne vs South Sydney (AAMI Park - 19:50)

Friday 26th April
Manly-Warringah vs Parramatta (4 Pines Park - 20:00)

Saturday 27th April
Wests Tigers vs Brisbane (Campbelltown Sports Stadium - 17:30)
North Queensland vs Penrith (Queensland Country Bank Stadium - 19:35)

Sunday 28th April
Dolphins vs Newcastle (Suncorp Stadium - 14:00)
Canberra vs Cronulla-Sutherland (GIO Stadium - 16:05)

Bye: Canterbury-Bankstown

Whilst i agree the suspension is a joke i actually think it was more a brain snap than a deliberate attempt to hurt.

Third man in around the legs happens all the time (especially on Munster who stands in the tackle as well as anyone) it just doesnt need force and shouldnt be front on.

Intent is sort of irrelevant cause the action and outcome would have been awful but im not sure what he was trying to do i suppose.

5 seconds left on the clock... It was deliberate IMO.

Munster showed Milne up all game this was that revenge.

Should've been 4-6 weeks. Very poor.

I haven't seen all the Warriors game, but it seems to me that, the weight of expectation is just too much for these blokes. They just simply bottle it when red hot favourites.

I haven't seen all the Warriors game, but it seems to me that, the weight of expectation is just too much for these blokes. They just simply bottle it when red hot favourites.
They seemed to go into their shell after it got to 12-0.
Never changed their tactics either. Kept bombing AKP and nothing else.

It’s crazy to me they have RTS and his not playing fullback, blokes in the Top 4 players in the comp at fullback.

Positive first half by Parra, have looked strong in attack and solid in defense.

Sivo having a party on left wing and the Gulls having really problems trying to stop him close to the line, in fact he becomes the first player in history to score a double in three games at Brookvale.

Simonsson bombed a try in the last minute, I hope that does come back to bite us in the ass in the second half.

Last edited:
I don't know if Sivo is a weapon or a liability. He averages almost a try a game (90 tries in 104 games), but defensively he is poor and he prone to brainfades.

Poor goalkicking and poor discipline in the second half made it a bigger victory to Manly than it should have been.

Extremely poor from Sivo, deserves to spend another few weeks on the sideline.

It’s crazy to me they have RTS and his not playing fullback, blokes in the Top 4 players in the comp at fullback.

100%

RTS, DWZ with a pull your finger out and stay on your man, CNK, Berry, Montoya with the same message as DWZ, Metcalf who seems like a big loss, and SJ with a try something new.

They seemed to go into their shell after it got to 12-0.
Never changed their tactics either. Kept bombing AKP and nothing else.

Yep, was boring watching the bits I did.

Big test for Webby and how he handles the pressure to turn things around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, is it just me, but Morgan Harper is rubbish, isn't he? I'd been intending to mention for a while that the NRL seems blessed at the moment with a number of very talented young centres coming through. To put it mildly, I wouldn't put MH in that category.

The one where Manly won 13+
Nice call *******, you made your remark in the first half when Parramatta were playing the better football, and if it wasn’t for Parramatta’s poor goal kicking and the incompetence of the officials the result should have been very different.

Nice call *******, you made your remark in the first half when Parramatta were playing the better football, and if it wasn’t for Parramatta’s poor goal kicking and the incompetence of the officials the result should have been very different.

The officials can’t have been that incompetent at least not on paper. The eels had a one man advantage in the first half, they led the penalties 9-6 even with Manly getting by my count 3 on the bounce at game’s end when it was basically all over as Parra imploded (I caught the last 20 minutes on the radio) and I think led the set restart count as well

The officials can’t have been that incompetent at least not on paper. The eels had a one man advantage in the first half, they led the penalties 9-6 even with Manly getting by my count 3 on the bounce at game’s end when it was basically all over as Parra imploded (I caught the last 20 minutes on the radio) and I think led the set restart count as well
Firstly, Manly won the penalty count 10-6 and 8-1 in the second half (the comentators even made mention of this on at least five occassions), and BTW, Parramatta received the final penalty of the game. I'm not saying Parramatta were faultless last night, we weren't, Sivo got what he deserved, but Manly weren't good boys, but there were a couple of instances where their indiscretions were totally ignored and another incident that should have gone the other way, see below.

The dangerous tackle on Lane has seen both Olakau’atu and DCE given two match bans, yet only one of them was given a 10 minute sinbin. And the play where Pensini was given his 10 minutes, video evidence showed that Turbo was in front of the kicker and in an offside position, but when Gutherson pointed it out and asked to have it looked at, the referee ignored him. That is the very definition of incompetence.

Last edited:
Firstly, Manly won the penalty count 10-6 and 8-1 in the second half (the comentators even made mention of this on at least five occassions), and BTW, Parramatta received the final penalty of the game. I'm not saying Parramatta were faultless last night, we weren't, Sivo got what he deserved, but Manly weren't good boys, but there were a couple of instances where their indiscretions were totally ignored and another incident that should have gone the other way, see below.

Now regarding the incompetence, the dangerous tackle on Lane has seen both Olakau’atu and DCE given two match bans, yet only one of them was given a 10 minute sinbin. And the play where Pensini was given his 10 minutes, video evidence showed that Turbo was in front of the kicker and in an offside position, but when Gutherson pointed it out and asked to have it looked at, the referee ignored him. That is the very definition of incompetence.

Radio commentators have incorrect info then. I was sure I heard them say 9-6 penalty count

Just because a side is at one point looking strong doesn't mean they are going to win, I at no point during that game thought Parramatta would win.

I think Eels would be struggling even if Moses was fit.

Just because a side is at one point looking strong doesn't mean they are going to win, I at no point during that game thought Parramatta would win.
I know that, but you said they were struggling, when they were leading or at worst even with Manly. And they were doing it without Moses. It was a stupid comment.

I know that, but you said they were struggling, when they were leading or at worst even with Manly. And they were doing it without Moses. It was a stupid comment.

Well its my opinion, I don't think they'd be making the 8 with Moses, they look slow on the edges and lack go forward in the middle.

Well its my opinion, I don't think they'd be making the 8 with Moses, they look slow on the edges and lack go forward in the middle.
And it's an idiot's opinion. But that's okay, even idiot's are entitled to one of those.

As for your (new) opinion that Parramatta won't make the 8, well that was obvious from before preseason, and with Moses out for 8-10 weeks it's now an absolute certainty. I'm surprised it took you three months to work this out.

Thought the Cowboys/Penrith game really lived up to its billing. A great contest between two very good sides. Penrith's defence is awesome.

And is it just me, but I thought the speed of the ruck was very good from both sides; maybe I've been watching too much SL lately, but I did think that the ruck had not been so clean in other big games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back