NRL investigation uncovers further cap rorts

Remove this Banner Ad

dr nick

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2002
Dee Why, NSW
AFL Club
Sydney
I suppose the logic is, though, if you're going to do that, what's the point in them playing at all? You might as well suspend them altogether. Opposing players would be risking injury. Unless they just played touch rugby...

Alos, if you give their opponents two points, what about the teams the Storm have already beaten?

Why is anyone surprised? I'm not, when you had a few lying cheating scum at admin level in the first place.

The way you guys are talking it seems like we have the best players in the world at the club.;)

When you look at the rest of the squad, apart from the special 4, the rest are just blow-ins who have developed under Bellyache. When Cooper Cronk and Cam Smith arrived at the club, they were very average for a few years anyway.

Say you take out GI and Slater out of the squad, really how much would it improve 1 other team? It doesn't take one player to win you a premiership.

I guess the thing that surprised me CC is that I thought the storm had come clean and that was to $700,000 (was to be $900,000 in 2011)... You reveal all at the start, cop it on the chin, the media circus has to roll on eventually.

So whilstever new sources and secret deals continue to be uncovered, it only further sullies the reputation of the club. Stuff is still being hidden by the current board / players if the NRL are still finding these new rorts.

Why is anyone surprised? I'm not, when you had a few lying cheating scum at admin level in the first place.

The way you guys are talking it seems like we have the best players in the world at the club.;)

When you look at the rest of the squad, apart from the special 4, the rest are just blow-ins who have developed under Bellyache. When Cooper Cronk and Cam Smith arrived at the club, they were very average for a few years anyway.

Say you take out GI and Slater out of the squad, really how much would it improve 1 other team? It doesn't take one player to win you a premiership.

Almost every player on our list has been developed under Bellamy. But you're right in saying that we've pretty much built a side around the big 3 players (Smith, Inglis and Slater). For years we've had a no-name pack and bench but kept the core together.

I guess the thing that surprised me CC is that I thought the storm had come clean and that was to $700,000 (was to be $900,000 in 2011)... You reveal all at the start, cop it on the chin, the media circus has to roll on eventually.

So whilstever new sources and secret deals continue to be uncovered, it only further sullies the reputation of the club. Stuff is still being hidden by the current board / players if the NRL are still finding these new rorts.

You are speaking absolute rubbish.

The club welcomed a forensic investigation when all this broke and only gave the figure they believed it to be at that time. As I understand it, the current officials and players have been fully cooperative as has our coach who has been more keen than anyone for this investigation to take place so it clears his name.

Perhaps you should stop dreaming up "facts" that suit your agenda. Either that all provide evidence of current officials and players hiding information from the investigators.

So, let me see, there were contracts stuck behind a filing cabinet, and some more behind a desk. Very convenient that illegal contracts are just placed randomly around the Storm office, isn't it?

Who's uncovering these "missing" contracts?

I'm very cynical, but when News Corp runs a sustained and aggressive campaign blaming Waldron, is it because he planned all this by himself, or did someone from News have a part in it?

Waldron is a nice scapegoat if you're covering up what others are also involved in.

I wonder where the other clubs keep their contracts?

It's not me who has to provide the evidence... its the club / players who have to fully disclose all their income streams, and all of it should have been able to be opened up within the first days. how are they finding this new evidence?

I wonder where the other clubs keep their contracts?

Ricky Nixson was on foxsport the other night and said he's seen some of the other nrl club's players contracts and their clubs shredders would have been in overdrive the night when all this news broke out about the storm.

A similar thing was said tonight on foxsports new by Russell Fairfax......other club's shredders would have been put to good use over the past week.

It's not me who has to provide the evidence... its the club / players who have to fully disclose all their income streams, and all of it should have been able to be opened up within the first days. how are they finding this new evidence?

Why don't you just zip it for a while and make comments when true facts are revealed.

Its very obvious what you are up to.

Because a forensic accountant is going through all of the books now, looking at everything.

I don't think the players should have to give up that information if they choose not to. As an option sure, but I think they deserve to have their privacy, some may have a legitimate income outside their NRL playing career.

The only thing I think of these extra rorts is, I think Gallop/the NRL should not have said anything until the investigation was over. I'm sure some more will be found along the way still, I just find it a little unprofessional to keep the critisim up every chance they get. They got their penalty, and probably deserved it (I'd have liked to see some kinda of an alternatives given at least as an option to play for points in 2010, but, what ever)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just explain to me why the players should be forced to have their private details open to accountants/NRL. If the players ton't want it done, I see no reason they should have to. I'm sure most people would object to an empolyer having someone's full medical, and financial records at their disposal.

They shouldn't have to, but in this situation it's probably best in the interest of the club and players if they just hand over everything. Any further income discrepancy is best found out early rather than down the track via some other indirect method.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back