NSW State of Origin Team 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets face it everyone... NSW simply does not have the calibre of player out there.
BUT lets not worry about whos picked... what about their mental application... their discipline and focus on the night...
and ultimately their trust for each other on the pitch!

I watched the much-vaunted Hayne and his Eels against the excellent defence of the Dragons last night and he didn't get much of a sniff. Not having been over-impressed in the past, I have to admit Soward was pretty good. The Dragons are a side that are greater than the sum of their parts, though.

Get rid of Gidley and you New South Welshman might actually win something, the bloke is useless. Start Hayne at 1 and for god sake start Idris on the ground, its getting embarrassing for you guys

Idris still has much to learn; he looked way out of his depth in Game 1. There was a kid playing centre of the Dragons against the Eels, has had a couple of games, about Idris's' age. He looked as accomplished a player as Idris (often beat the first defender/made yards, didn't drop the ball, made his tackles, even sneaked a try). No-one would suggest putting him in a SOO team, though.

There's something clear here which puts up a big question.

Mitchell Pearce goes straight into #7 after tonight providing he keeps it up.

But.

Do you take Anasta or Carney with him to play 5/8?

Anasta no, and Carney played FULLBACK. Yes I rate him as a 5/8th, but he has played a grand total of 2 games there this season. Did we not learn a lesson from picking Lyon at 5/8th!

Sutton at 5/8th or Campese, take your pick.
Barrett (seeing they are hellbent getting this ordinary player in the side) or Pearce at half.

best team including greg inglis?

:)

Well yes, if NSW players were playing for NSW rather than QLD it would be interesting to see how QLD would go but nah, **** the cowardly traitor, leave the scumbag in the QLD side and actually pick the best of the players that actually want to play for their state.

Although, yes it's why I chuckled when Baz clobbered him last year. Deserved it.

I haven't got Fox at my new apartment yet, but I'm liking what people are saying here about Junior's boy tonight. Get him into the 7, and I'm with Bombers suprisingly lol If we are looking to the future - Sutton or Campese :thumbsu: 26, Sutton still has plenty of years ahead

Anasta no, and Carney played FULLBACK. Yes I rate him as a 5/8th, but he has played a grand total of 2 games there this season. Did we not learn a lesson from picking Lyon at 5/8th!

Sutton at 5/8th or Campese, take your pick.
Barrett (seeing they are hellbent getting this ordinary player in the side) or Pearce at half.

No way Barrett... past his used by date!
Carney needs a shot.. hes big enough, fast enough and can kick in regular play... no brainer for me:)

:)

Well yes, if NSW players were playing for NSW rather than QLD it would be interesting to see how QLD would go but nah, **** the cowardly traitor, leave the scumbag in the QLD side and actually pick the best of the players that actually want to play for their state.

Although, yes it's why I chuckled when Baz clobbered him last year. Deserved it.

Ha ha - cowardly traitor: you are so, so funny. But the NSW duds got "clobbered" by Greg Inglis without him needing to use his fists.

I hope you enjoyed bashing Queensland while they won their 4th consecutive Origin Series :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha ha - cowardly traitor: you are so, so funny. But the NSW duds got "clobbered" by Greg Inglis without him needing to use his fists.

I hope you enjoyed bashing Queensland while they won their 4th consecutive Origin Series :p

Im staying strong with the Blues.. with or without your Inglis... we'll c what happens when half the Queensland team leave the NRL due to salary cap restrictions hahahaha

No way Barrett... past his used by date!
Carney needs a shot.. hes big enough, fast enough and can kick in regular play... no brainer for me:)

Barrett has been chosen for one reason only - to go the biff! Look at the NSW team. With the exception of cleanskin Creagh, we don't have anyone in there who will back away from a fight.

I'll be very surprised if at least one of the likes of Weyman, Gallen, White, Waterhouse, O'Donnell, Barrett, Hayne, Tahu, Cooper or Scott don't try to start a brawl.

Barrett is obviously too slow to keep up with the slick Queenslanders, so he'll repeat his efforts from last year. Fair enough too - they've pantsed us 5 years in a row.

That said, I do think the selectors have taken a baby step in the right direction in moving Hayne to FB, bringing in Pearce and picking some decent backrowers with some mongrel in them. Problems still exist with 2 centres who can't score tries, 2 props who don't offer much other than bulk, and old man Barrett as our playmaker.

Bring it on!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back