NSW State of Origin Team 2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Bar Hayne who is better on the wing at this level, who could we have selected in the 1?

Hayne at fullback.

You could have either both Morris boys on the wings, or some one like Luke Burt.

Tahu has played plenty of wing.

Mini has played plenty of wing and fullback.

And then you have the others that Lebforces put down.

Gidley isn't good enough and he proved it last year with all those mistakes he made.

I hope NSW lose big time, we might finally get these pathetic selectors removed.

NSW will win.

News Limited is reporting that, by including 4 Melbourne Storm players, Queensland is over the salary cap and will have to discard Inglis and Slater.

And apparently Queensland may have the last 4 Origin titles taken off them.

It's a sad day for the ARL.

mate LF listed Patten... LOL is all I can say

I take the point on Hayne not having had a crack, but KG gets alot of undeserved knocking.

Dugan is the future, but not ready yet.
Which makes you wonder why the **** Idris was chosen. As far as development and potential to really help the Blues, Dugan>Idris

NSW will win.

News Limited is reporting that, by including 4 Melbourne Storm players, Queensland is over the salary cap and will have to discard Inglis and Slater.

:D:D

Not being a NSWelshwoman nor a Q'lder, I wish they wouldn't pick any of the Storm players, even if we aren't playing for points.

I am still picking Queensland to win the Series.

Bellyache will then get the sack and can concentrate on the Storm:p
==================================================

Yes I know, my contribution to this thread is useless, so don't bag me pls.

NSW will win.

No way that Queensland will do this.

NSW will bash them - forget the ball, boys, it's dogging time !

JT & big Sammy are the difference at the moment. Barring an early mistake, Slater has been excellent as well. Fantastic try in the conditions and a great run that almost resulted in a try to a New South Welshman ;-)

NSW have been outright conned by the performance of certain players in last years Game 3 after QLD partied in the days leading up to the game.

Ron, I'm not sick of QLD winning, not until NSW start picking teams based on merit.

In saying that, thank **** SMith isn't playing. A competent hooker on one of those teams in these conditions would dominate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im surprised we were within 400 points, let alone four. We were awful. Disgraceful.

Kimmorley and Ennis can **** right off. Push lyon back to the centres. Farrah and Mitch Pearce in the side. Sutton at 5/8. Start Luke Lewis, he's just about the best lock in the game.

#Hayne to full back - no questions
#Lyon to the centres - no questions
#You look hard at Jennings but probably keep Cooper. Gosh Jennings should be wearing blue somehow. Wing?
#Get rid of Kimmorley (forever) and hope Pearce can find the early-season form that had him clear cut NSW halfback
#Think about Soward, Bird, maybe even Anasta because tonight goes to show you can't just create Origin halves combinations. And Lyon is a centre. And just no on Gidley as 5/8...
#Because even though he is captain, Gidley is the quintessential 14 for Origin, a Mr. Fix-it. To the bench.
#Heck, even think about Carney if he brings his form up again, possibly at 5/8 for Pearce
#Where is Paul Gallen?
#Look at Mason and Hindmarsh's next few weeks, serious, tonight the forwards were nowhere near QLD's...

I could go on all night...

Pearce is back for the Roosters this monday. Gives him two games i guess to show what he has.

The drop off in the chooks since his injury has shown his importance and quality. Without him they dont have the organisation, and carney is shown up as being much more an instinctive player and not at all an organiser. Pearce's form was excellent before his injury and IMO is what we need. Stick him in there, in his usual calm organisational role and stick someone with a bit of creativiity next to him (I think Sutton deserves a shot personally), it will be better than an over the hill Kimmorley and a centre.

Hindy will never be picked again.

Who are the selectors and what is their obsession with picking spuds? NSW won't win a series in the next 5 years with the current selectors. Of course the closeness of the scoreline will mean 0 or 1 changes for Game 2.

#Hayne to full back - no questions
#Lyon to the centres - no questions
#You look hard at Jennings but probably keep Cooper. Gosh Jennings should be wearing blue somehow. Wing?
#Get rid of Kimmorley (forever) and hope Pearce can find the early-season form that had him clear cut NSW halfback
#Think about Soward, Bird, maybe even Anasta because tonight goes to show you can't just create Origin halves combinations. And Lyon is a centre. And just no on Gidley as 5/8...
#Because even though he is captain, Gidley is the quintessential 14 for Origin, a Mr. Fix-it. To the bench.
#Heck, even think about Carney if he brings his form up again, possibly at 5/8 for Pearce
#Where is Paul Gallen?
#Look at Mason and Hindmarsh's next few weeks, serious, tonight the forwards were nowhere near QLD's...

I could go on all night...

We need to go for youth and build a team. It doesn't matter if we lose this and the next series. We need to pick and stick and invest in our team of the future. We need backs that can score tries and be dangerous.

Backline needs to be: Hayne, Morris, Morris, Jennings, Right winger - whoever is in best form, Carney, Pearce.

Jamie Lyon is the opposite of dangerous. No place for him. Sorry. Gidley is a utility. Number 14. Hayne is wasted on the wing - let alone the wrong wing. Cooper can't score a try to save his life. You don't win origin by being conservative.

Then pick a big pack of forwards to give our speedy backline as much space as possible. We wont need our forwards to score tries with this backline, noting that we relied on Watmough and Creagh to score lucky/dodgey tries last night.

Instead the selectors are probably thinking "who can we bring in for game 2? How about Anasta at 5/8. Finch at half and Barrett at lock? What a brilliant idea! Why didn't we think of this before?".

Hindy will never be picked again.

Who are the selectors and what is their obsession with picking spuds? NSW won't win a series in the next 5 years with the current selectors. Of course the closeness of the scoreline will mean 0 or 1 changes for Game 2.

Pretty much.

Had to laugh at Ennis last night. Played exactly like Farah did in the first two games last year.

What are these guys supposed to do when surrounded by a forward pack that couldn't punch it's way out of a paper bag?

Fix the forward pack - Pick props and backrowers capable of doing the job and we go a long way towards being more competitive.

Until such a time comes, I'm happy to see QLD continue to win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back