NSW's best draft ever...in thanks to the academies?

Remove this Banner Ad

The dogs just got last years number 1 draft pick because he wanted to go home.

And they had to give up their captain who was their best player and pick 6, GWS were also able to get a previous pick 1 for nothing.

So what advantage is that? Sydney were able to get the best forward in the competition for nothing and they got Tippet the previous year, Brisbane just landed Beams & Christianson and GC were able to get the best player in the comp.

And you think clubs like the doggies and Melb have advantages over those clubs?

:rainbow:

Something they were still more than happy to do. Something they could not have done if Boyd did not want to go home to mummy.

I like how you ignore the rest of my post because it didn't fit in with your 'argument'.

They were forced into doing it because GWs poached their Captain, GWS were able to offer him a bucketload of cash because of their increased salary cap size compared to the rest of the competition, or rather, the non-Northern state clubs.

I like how you ignore the rest of my post because it didn't fit in with your 'argument'.

They were forced into doing it because GWs poached their Captain, GWS were able to offer him a bucketload of cash because of their increased salary cap size compared to the rest of the competition, or rather, the non-Northern state clubs.

and they had admitted they had been talking to Boyd for a while. This isn't just something that came about, they had been planning to try and get Boyd all season because they knew he wanted to go home.

and they had admitted they had been talking to Boyd for a while. This isn't just something that came about, they had been planning to try and get Boyd all season because they knew he wanted to go home.

No, not correct. The only reason why the doggies made that move is because of GWS poaching their best player.

So, where is the advantage? Your argument doesn't make sense.

Melbourne is competing against so many other clubs with the 'go home factor' it's rare for us to land one of these players and we certainly haven't landed a player of the quality of Ablett, Beams, Griffin or Franklin. There is clearly no advantage there, in fact the results show that the Northern clubs are constantly able to land higher quality players more often than Melb, Doggies and Saints.

Considering it's so hard for us to entice out of towners anyway, see above. Melbourne had to pay way over to get Mitch Clark, also look at how much Doggies had to pay to get Boyd. No advantage there.

Biased media? Are you serious? The Melbourne media has been teeing off on us for the last 5 years, not sure if you've put much thought into this.

Take a look at the draw, most of our home games is against non-Vic teams, we rarely get a decent fixture. Nope, no advantage there either.

Got anything else?
So no facts just opinion.

Yes we lost last years number 1 draft pick as well as others who want to go home
To even think about keeping our list we have to pay massive overs for all our players not just a star when compared to vic.

The media is soft to you guys when compared to how they treat the northerners.

only play 1 derby at home? No? Sooo advantage. Unfixable but still.

Actually is correct. The boss came out and said they were after him all along and not Patton

The Bulldogs were not able to get Boyd until GWS poached their best player. The doggies could have wished all they wanted to but up until that point they had no bargaining power.

The doggies is also paying Griffin's salary.

I'll ask the question once again, how is this an advantage to clubs like the doggies and Melbourne?

So no facts just opinion.

Yes we lost last years number 1 draft pick as well as others who want to go home
To even think about keeping our list we have to pay massive overs for all our players not just a star when compared to vic.

The media is soft to you guys when compared to how they treat the northerners.

only play 1 derby at home? No? Sooo advantage. Unfixable but still.

The media soft of Melbourne? Now I've heard everything. You clearly don't have an understanding on what's taken place with Melbourne and the media over the last 5 years because you are so far off the mark it's not funny.

So, where are all these advantages you lot are going on about?

The Bulldogs were not able to get Boyd until GWS poached their best player. The doggies could have wished all they wanted to but up until that point they had no bargaining power.

The doggies is also paying Griffin's salary.

I'll ask the question once again, how is this an advantage to clubs like the doggies and Melbourne?

GWS were not after the Bulldogs captain though. That only happened because they were looking for the best deal they could get knowing that if they did not do any deal then odds are Boyd would not bother playing at 100% next year because he was homesick and then as soon as he could leave GWS he would and they would get very little for him.

GWS were not after the Bulldogs captain though. That only happened because they were looking for the best deal they could get knowing that if they did not do any deal then odds are Boyd would not bother playing at 100% next year because he was homesick and then as soon as he could leave GWS he would and they would get very little for him.

So? How does all this prove that Doggies and Melb have advantages over the Northern state clubs?

The media soft of Melbourne? Now I've heard everything. You clearly don't have an understanding on what's taken place with Melbourne and the media over the last 5 years because you are so far off the mark it's not funny.

So, where are all these advantages you lot are going on about?
When compared to how we are treated yes it is soft

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When compared to how we are treated yes it is soft

No, you obviously have no idea. You are wrong. Patrick Smith, Greg Denham, Barrett, Caroline Wilson and others were all writing scathing reports about Melbourne, even daily on radio that were at it.

You are blatantly wrong.

So apart from you being wrong about the media, do you have anything else?

:rolleyes:
No, you obviously have no idea. You are wrong. Patrick Smith, Greg Denham, Barrett, Caroline Wilson and others were all writing scathing reports about Melbourne, even daily on radio that were at it.

You are blatantly wrong.

So apart from you being wrong about the media, do you have anything else?
This is going in circles. I think your wrong. So i guess we will now do the whole "you are" "no you are"

Why would I waste my time looking up examples that are relevant when they don't exist?

That list above is seriously out dated. Greg Williams FFS, how many decades ago did that happen? 20 years ago was it?

Open the other eye. How many quality players have been happy to move to Sydney and still play currently?

1. Franklin - ranked # 1 KP forward in the AFL
  2. Tippett
  3. Griffin
  4. R Shaw
  5. H Shaw
  6. S Mumford
  7. Phil Davies
  8. T Scully
  9. C Ward
  10. T Richards

As for your list of golden oldies 'I'll see you and raise you a':

1. Tony Lockett
  2. Paul Roos
  3. Gerard Healy

The issue being debated is when will the Swans finally be "established" so they no longer need unfair advantages over the rest of the competition.

COLA is finally being scrapped thankfully. The AFL could no longer keep a straight face explaining it when cities such as Perth are just as expensive.

Its not about the clubs, its about our game - there is nothing like a home grown hero.

If you must look at it thru clubland eyes, remember the Swans trade & draft aggressively, the Eagles dont. There is no Andrew Ireland at my footy club, but the guy thinks outside the square, did the 10 year contract in the 90s with Alistair Lynch/Brisbane & dusted it off again more than 10 years later to snaffle Buddy. Was pleased to see the Eagles were after Tom Mitchell, but he stayed in Sydney, OK move on.

As stated there is more than just the media. And the circle continues

There is no circle because your argument is nothing. You have provided nothing to suggest that clubs like Melb, Saints and doggies have massive advantages over your mob. It doesn't exist, but fine talk about circles as much as you want if it helps you to deflect from reality, hell , make a crop circle if you think it will help, knock yourself out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back