NTFL/NTFA Thread 2008/2009

Remove this Banner Ad

St Marys defeated Darwin pretty easily on Friday night.

Wanderers beat Palmerston fairly easily in the early game on Saturday. Relton Roberts played very well and kicked four goals.

Nightcliff pulled off a huge upset in the late game defeating Tiwi Bombers. It was the Bombers' biggest defeat ever, losing by over 100 points. Liam Jurrah dominated for Nightcliff and along with last season's Nichols medal winner Warren Berto were probably the best players. Former Adelaide player Chris Ladhams played well. Goalkickers were: Cusack 7, Jurrah 6, Ladhams 4.

It was shaping up to be a great game between St Marys and Nightcliff this week but the Tigers have named a depleted side with star players Liam Jurrah, Chris Gibson and Shaun Cusack among the players not playing. Former Adelaide player Chris Ladhams is named at half forward.

Tiwi Bombers have made ten changes to the team that got thrashed last week. They play Darwin in the late game and should win easily.

Southern Districts face Wanderers in the early game of the triple-header. Hopefully Wedding kicks a bag because he hasn't been playing to well in the last couple of weeks.

The Sunday game is between Palmerston and Waratah. It is a vital match for both teams if they want to stay in touch with the top five.

In other football news, Lance Franklin trained with Darwin Buffaloes yesterday and Cyril Rioli trained with St Marys.

It was shaping up to be a great game between St Marys and Nightcliff this week but the Tigers have named a depleted side with star players Liam Jurrah, Chris Gibson and Shaun Cusack among the players not playing. Former Adelaide player Chris Ladhams is named at half forward.

Tiwi Bombers have made ten changes to the team that got thrashed last week. They play Darwin in the late game and should win easily.

Southern Districts face Wanderers in the early game of the triple-header. Hopefully Wedding kicks a bag because he hasn't been playing to well in the last couple of weeks.

The Sunday game is between Palmerston and Waratah. It is a vital match for both teams if they want to stay in touch with the top five.

In other football news, Lance Franklin trained with Darwin Buffaloes yesterday and Cyril Rioli trained with St Marys.

Are the teams posted online?

Nightcliff are playing with fire as far as their team goes. They are flying in 6 guys every week from various points on the compass. can't be doing much for team team cohesion + they can't really afford to drop many games from here on in having only won 2. If Waratahs win on sunday, and Nightcliff lose, they'll be 2 1/2 games outside of the 5 with 9 games left to play and the last 2 are Tiwi and Saints.

Shaun Cusack in only available for limited games, not sure about Liam Jurrah.

Nightcliff are playing with fire as far as their team goes. They are flying in 6 guys every week from various points on the compass. can't be doing much for team team cohesion + they can't really afford to drop many games from here on in having only won 2. If Waratahs win on sunday, and Nightcliff lose, they'll be 2 1/2 games outside of the 5 with 9 games left to play and the last 2 are Tiwi and Saints.

Shaun Cusack in only available for limited games, not sure about Liam Jurrah.

I believe that if Nightcliff have there full side they will go close to winning the premiership.

They reckon that Liam Jurrah is not playing because he has attracted interest from North Melbourne and that they may pick him up in the rookie draft.

Oh and to Morphous, the teams aren't online. I read them in the NT News.

I believe that if Nightcliff have there full side they will go close to winning the premiership.

They reckon that Liam Jurrah is not playing because he has attracted interest from North Melbourne and that they may pick him up in the rookie draft.

Oh and to Morphous, the teams aren't online. I read them in the NT News.

Don't suspose you could tell me where Hackett is named for St Marys?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 9 Scores

Wanderers moving into 4th place now with shock win over Districts.

Wanderers 11.16 (82)
Sth Districts 11.9(75)
Goals Wanderers- Shane Thorne, Relton Roberts 3; Christian Schilds, Brentley Moreen 2; Adam Prior 1.
Sth Districts- Ash Wedding, Luke James 3; Troy Parker 2; Kapun Morris, Dean Staunton, Dylan Kent 1.
Best Wanderers- Josh Cubillo, Jamie Scrymgour, Shane Thorne, Ashley Matz, Nathan Grant, Dayle Muscat.
Sth Districts- Cam Roberts, Matt Cannard, Kapun Morris, Dean Staunton, Mick Rankin, John Kestle.

Other Matches- St Marys too good for Nightcliff winning by 57 points and Tiwi Bombers steal a 1 point win over Darwin who out-played them all game leading by 6 goals at 3 quater time.

Ladder

St Marys 32 points
Tiwi Bombers 28
Sth Districts 22
Wanderers 16 *
Palmerston 16 *
Waratahs 14
Nightcliff 8
Darwin 0

* To play today

Palmerston beat Waratah at Southern Cross yesterday. Palmerston full-forward Darren Ewing booted seven goals, which makes 45 for the year - only one behind Southern Districts' Ashley Wedding.

Can someone please tell me how Luke James for Southern Districts has been going and how many goals he has kicked?

Luke James has only played three matches - didn't kick a goal in his first two matches but kicked three last week. He will find it hard to kick a lot of goals with Districts' forward line that consists of Ashley Wedding, Dylan Kent and Matt Walsh.

Thanks for that JDC, is his brother Ben back playing after been rubbed out for a couple and if so how has his form been?

Thanks for that JDC, is his brother Ben back playing after been rubbed out for a couple and if so how has his form been?

Not too sure how he has been. I don't notice him when I watch Southern Districts games and he was suspended last week. When he comes back from suspension and I watch a Southern Districts game I'll tell you how he goes.

Not too sure how he has been. I don't notice him when I watch Southern Districts games and he was suspended last week. When he comes back from suspension and I watch a Southern Districts game I'll tell you how he goes.
Thanks JDC that is much appreciated

im moving to darwin in january and wandering if there are any clubs that need players? also when does the season finish up?

Head out to Banks Footy Club, they train at Gardens Oval in the city every Tuesday and Thursday. If you are good enough to play NTFL they will steer you in the right direction for the following season.

PM me if you want the coaches phone number or send me yours and I'll get him to give you a call.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back