NTFL/NTFA Thread 2008/2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Robert is playing. He didn't start his season too well but has definately played some good footy in the last couple of weeks. He played a very good game against Waratah at Gardens Oval.

Anthony (Turtle) Hale hasn't been playing seniors and will find it very hard to get a spot in St Marys. They are on top of the ladder and don't look like losing anytime soon.

Thanks for that JDC,u dont think Turtle would make the 1,s if he started havn a crack now?

Thanks for that JDC,u dont think Turtle would make the 1,s if he started havn a crack now?

Saints are a very very strong side. got back the BOG from last yrs GF side on Saturday. there are a few really unlucky guys already and he is not one of them

he would want to be an absolute star to break in now. i can't see it happening unless there are a slew of injuries.

Saints are a very very strong side. got back the BOG from last yrs GF side on Saturday. there are a few really unlucky guys already and he is not one of them

he would want to be an absolute star to break in now. i can't see it happening unless there are a slew of injuries.

How's Matt Hebbard and Jamie Hackett going for St Mary's Seanoff?

How's Matt Hebbard and Jamie Hackett going for St Mary's Seanoff?

Hebbard is going quite well. He doesn't seem to have a lot of pace but I reckon he reads the play well and has good skills. He got picked in the Northern Territory Football Club squad.

Hackett has been pretty handy also. He is one of them players that always seems to be by himself and plays a linking type role.

Seanoff may be able to tell you more.

He is probably not a bad player, I haven't seen much of him lately, but I don't know what position he would play at senior level. Would he play a similar role to his brother Robert? Robbie is already keeping Marius Clarke (brother of Raphael and Xavier) out of the side I reckon. Clarke would be in front of Anthony at the moment I reckon in terms of selection for Saints.

This is not knocking Turtle as a player. St Marys are a very hard side to get into, as it has already been mentioned, and Anthony is only about 16-17 years old.

there was an article in the NT News today about the abc televising NTFL games. from what i understood, it will commence after the aboriginal all stars game for the last 2 games of the regular season and then all 4 finals weekends.

no word as yet whether they will televise the new NTFL side in the QAFL Competition...

Round 15:

Tiwi Bombers 29.12 (186) def.
Palmerston 16.12 (108)

Didn't get to see much of the game but the scoreline suggests that it was a very open contest. Darren Ewing kicked a bag - apparently he kicked 10 goals, which if true would bring his tally to 81 for the season. He could be a chance to join only a handful of players to have reached the 100 goal mark.

In the other match Nightcliff defeated Darwin quite easily. Nightcliff had a depleted side with Chris Ladhams and Brett White out of the team. Darwin also had a few players out including full-forward Phillip Dudley and Ky Miller. Jeff Farmer is supposed to be a chance to play for Nightcliff next week.

Southern Districts play St Marys tomorrow at Norbuilt Oval in what should be an interesting match. I think St Marys will be too good for them.

Waratah face Wanderers in the Australia Day match on Monday in what is a must-win match for the Warriors. Tahs will need to win to keep their slim finals chances alive.

In TEAFA news it looks like PINT will go into the finals as premiership favourites after defeating second-placed Banks easily last week. Tomorrow PINT vs. bottom side University and Tracy Village vs. Banks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very good match at Gardens Oval today between Wanderers and Waratah. Tahs started well and got out to a six or seven goal lead during the second quarter before Wanderers kicked a few late goals before half time. Half time score: Waratah 12.8 (80) - Wanderers 8.8 (56). Wanderers controlled the third quarter and at three quarter time they led the match 15.14 (104) to 12.8 (81). By three quarter time Eagles full-forward and former Sydney rookie Adam Prior had 10 goals; he is one of three players to have kicked 10 goals this week along with Ewing (Palmerston) and Kantilla (Tiwi Bombers). Prior went out of the game after three quarter time as Tahs and Wanderers traded goals. The Warriors managed to take the lead about 20 minutes into the last quarter thanks to the efforts of forward Darren Turner, who kicked a couple of good goals. Wanderers kicked a couple of late goals to win the match by 18 points, 20.17 (137) to 18.11 (119). Scott Beattie was best for Tahs and Adam Prior was best for the Eagles.

In the game yesterday between Southern Districts and St Marys at Norbuilt Oval, the Saints won easily by 61 points. Dale Reyne and Iggy Vallejo kicked five goals each.

Former AFL players Sam Cranage and James Byrne to play for Waratah against Tiwi Bombers tomorrow.

Tahs scored an upset win over Tiwi Bombers ........ winning by 22 goals.
Cranage, McCombe and Calma-Holt kicked five each. Scott Beattie and James Byrne played well. Tahs have to hope that Palmerston lose their last two games (one of their matches is against Tahs) and Waratah need to win their last two.

St Marys beat Palmerston by about 40 points at Southern Cross Oval. Magpies full-forward Darren Ewing was held to three goals.

Has there been any adding or culling to the NTFL squad thats playing in the QUAFL this season since the initial squad was announced !?

Has there been any adding or culling to the NTFL squad thats playing in the QUAFL this season since the initial squad was announced !?

Lindsay Lawler (Southern Districts), Luke Stapleton (St Marys) and Edward Darcy (Tiwi Bombers) were the latest inclusions to the side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back