NTFL/NTFA Thread 2008/2009

Remove this Banner Ad

Tiwi d Wanderers by 1 point after being down by 37 @ 3/4 time. They did this last week too. if they try it against Districts or Saints they will lose by 10 goals

Palmerston d Buffs (no idea of the score)

Saints d Tahs by about 6 goals in pretty sloppy conditions at Gardens. saints cruised in the 2nd half.

Districts d Nightcliff, were up easily, then nightcliff got back to even in the last qtr then fell in huge hole to lose by 5 goals i think. Jurrah kicked 5 or 6 but this might be his last hurrah in the NTFL.

Where is Matthew Walsh from that plays for Southern districts? Would he be the same Matt Walsh that plays for Cairns Saints?

Hows Matty Cannards Southern Districts traveling? Whats with the W L D ratio? Seem to be bommin out against the lower teams.

head out to banks footy club, they train at gardens oval in the city every tuesday and thursday. If you are good enough to play ntfl they will steer you in the right direction for the following season.

Pm me if you want the coaches phone number or send me yours and i'll get him to give you a call.
dont go to banks-worst club/suppourters in darwin

Go to PINT Football Club. Both teams are going very well and are a real chance for the double (A-grade and B-grade). Great atmosphere around the club.

dont go to banks-worst club/suppourters in darwin

You forgot the bit about being in the Grand final every year (not winning all of them but they do get there) and having the most supporters.

Go to PINT Football Club. Both teams are going very well and are a real chance for the double (A-grade and B-grade). Great atmosphere around the club.

Pints are a good club and like Tracy Village have their own club rooms. Uni and Banks have pubs as drinking holes.

All 4 A Grade TEAFA clubs have good blokes and rowdy supporters that is the nature of the comp.

thanx for all the info, look forward to getting up there and finding a team mite have to find a place before i decide where to go cheers

who does adam prior play for or does he play in a different comp

Adam Prior plays NTFL for Wanderers.

There are two main competitions in Darwin, the Northern Territory Football League and the Top End Australian Football Association. The NTFL is quite a high standard competition. The TEAFA is probably around the standard of NTFL Reserves however some good players have played TEAFA.

Adam Prior plays NTFL for Wanderers.

There are two main competitions in Darwin, the Northern Territory Football League and the Top End Australian Football Association. The NTFL is quite a high standard competition. The TEAFA is probably around the standard of NTFL Reserves however some good players have played TEAFA.

thanks how does he go has he been playing good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thanks how does he go has he been playing good

Started off the season brilliantly kicking a few bags but hasn't been as dominant in recent weeks. Still his Wanderers side isn't particularly great but he has made the most of his chances and has probably been (along with Relton Roberts) the main reason Wanderers are coming into form.

how does josh chaplin go for the tahs?
i think he is playing for the thunder this year too??
any info would be good...

Nothing special!
18-19 years old and only played a couple of senior games which is telling you something!
Only in Thunder cause of he's height!

Young player who is still eligible for the U18s competition. Is an NTIS scholarship holder and NT Thunder representative.

Tall player who plays in the ruck and down back. Played a couple of good games for the NT Thunder U16s last year as an over-age player.

Can someone give me a run down on how Nic Bone & Jarrad Graham have been travelling for Parmerston.

Haven't noticed them too much, don't think they're nothing that great. They have both played every game for Palmerston this season.

Are both Robert and Anthony Hale playing at St.Marys this season?
Can anyone tell me how they r going please

Robert is playing. He didn't start his season too well but has definately played some good footy in the last couple of weeks. He played a very good game against Waratah at Gardens Oval.

Anthony (Turtle) Hale hasn't been playing seniors and will find it very hard to get a spot in St Marys. They are on top of the ladder and don't look like losing anytime soon.

Tiwi Bombers defeated Southern Districts pretty easily in the first game of the triple header at TIO Stadium on Saturday. After trailing at quarter time the Bombers kicked 12 goals in the second quarter and controlled the match from there.

St Marys defeated Wanderers easily but the Eagles were by no means disgraced. It was a miserable wet day but Saints didn't seem to play at the skill level that you would normally see from them. Iggy Vallejo played a very good game and would be my tip for the Nichols Medal. I think that he would be leading the count at this stage of the season.

Waratah defeated Darwin in the 7:30 match - no surprise. Tahs had the better of Buffaloes from the opening bounce with Jake Percy kicking a couple of goals in the first quarter.

The Sunday match saw Nightcliff defeat Palmerston. Nightcliff started the match well but couldn't convert their chances on goal. At one stage I think the score was 1.9 to 1.0. Palmerston kicked a couple of goals in a row during the second quarter and had a bit of a lead until the Tigers bounced back. Nightcliff managed to get on top in the third quarter and cruised to victory.

Tiwi Bombers defeated Southern Districts pretty easily in the first game of the triple header at TIO Stadium on Saturday. After trailing at quarter time the Bombers kicked 12 goals in the second quarter and controlled the match from there.

St Marys defeated Wanderers easily but the Eagles were by no means disgraced. It was a miserable wet day but Saints didn't seem to play at the skill level that you would normally see from them. Iggy Vallejo played a very good game and would be my tip for the Nichols Medal. I think that he would be leading the count at this stage of the season.

Waratah defeated Darwin in the 7:30 match - no surprise. Tahs had the better of Buffaloes from the opening bounce with Jake Percy kicking a couple of goals in the first quarter.

The Sunday match saw Nightcliff defeat Palmerston. Nightcliff started the match well but couldn't convert their chances on goal. At one stage I think the score was 1.9 to 1.0. Palmerston kicked a couple of goals in a row during the second quarter and had a bit of a lead until the Tigers bounced back. Nightcliff managed to get on top in the third quarter and cruised to victory.

Thanks for the update mate, does TEAFA start again this week? How is the writing going?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back