WilliamPowell

Team Captain
Aug 19, 2003
Over there somewhere!
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
For all those who can access the "Eye of the Tiger" section of the RFC site. There is a listing of the players numbers for 2004. It is under the story called "Happy Gilmour".

There are some interesting ones.

I think I suffered a brain explosion yesterday when I started this post. You see I am use to the snow at this time of year rather than the heat.

In the cool light of day (and a couple of Martinis - thanks Myrna) I don't think I should have posted what I did.

I am really sorry - or more to the point oops!

I tried using my old card (last years) and that didnt work. Are you guys using this years? (have you got it already!?)

Thanks for that though WilliamPowell. You are also new to the boards unless you have a different alias. Welcome anyway!

I don't think the stuff inside "eye of the tiger" should be talked about on these boards because it is for RFC members only. I suppose something like numbers for players next year isn’t that bad, cause we are going to find them out anyway.

Rfctigerarmy, my card for last season works fine so I don’t know what’s wrong with yours

Originally posted by Snibbo_TJS
I don't think the stuff inside "eye of the tiger" should be talked about on these boards because it is for RFC members only. I suppose something like numbers for players next year isn’t that bad, cause we are going to find them out anyway.

Rfctigerarmy, my card for last season works fine so I don’t know what’s wrong with yours

OOPS - didn't mean any harm:(

Sorry!!! I have taken on board what you have said Snibbo - see above.

Bad brain explosion

I can't really see why the numbers given to new players is a 'members only' story anyway. If the official web-site wasn't so lame, there wouldn't be any need for a slightly less lame members only website. The whole 'members only' website has been implemented in a half-baked manner. They should have souped up the offical site first to make it better then put some real 'members only' stuff on the part for members. Talk about the Emporer's new clothes.

members - non members

G'day youse
I don't think numbers can be thought of in any serious capacity till the family day where the presentation is an official nod that lasts a season
about the rfc site i was an 03 member and er i didnt know much about the site or exclusive stuff and umm well to be honest the hype isnt me tho i like big footy.com
seeeyas at the family day tis the best way to sign up and the coburg membership deal was a steal last year for those who cannot be shagged doing the interstaters come along have a few with the boys

It is interesting that with the number allocation, #15 is still vacant. While Leon left with a truckload of respect, it is a fair stretch to think of it as a revered number?

Maybe we are taking the broader view... we did retire Matthew Knights and Benny Gales number for a year before passing them on. Maybe this is a broader acknowledgement of the contribution that Leon made to football, both as a Bulldog and a Tiger.

(Oh, WP I don't have any issue with you discussing topics from the Eye of the Tiger though maybe do it as a bit of a tease. Certainly, any articles republished verbatim will be wiped.)

On KEVIN BARTLETT'S Big Breakfast show this morning he said he was pleased that Alex Gilmour will receive his old number 29.

Am I allowed to say that.

No-one is going to cry are they.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Originally posted by CJH
(Oh, WP I don't have any issue with you discussing topics from the Eye of the Tiger though maybe do it as a bit of a tease. Certainly, any articles republished verbatim will be wiped.)

Thanks for that CJH - I will admit to being a bit concerned.

A bit of a tease ???? I am good at teasing :D Can do that without any problems I can assure you :D

Originally posted by tigermania
On KEVIN BARTLETT'S Big Breakfast show this morning he said he was pleased that Alex Gilmour will receive his old number 29.

Am I allowed to say that.

No-one is going to cry are they.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
..Ill... Ill.. stop just gimmy a sec. :( :(

The full list has just been posted in the public section of the official site:

The numbers stack up at Tigerland . . .
Tony Greenberg
richmondfc.com.au
12:55:44 PM Thu 11 December, 2003

With his famous father’s old No. 8 guernsey taken at Tigerland, Thomas Roach had no hesitation in choosing to wear No. 22.

It’s the number worn with such distinction by Barry Rowlings, in 152 games for Richmond from 1979-86 (including the 1980 Grand Final shellacking of Collingwood). Rowlings was a long-time teammate of Michael Roach, and is a good friend of the Roach family.

Tommy Roach is proud to wear the former Tiger captain's number in his debut year at Punt Road, just as Richmond's No. 1 draft choice, Alex Gilmour, is deeply honored to have been given Kevin Bartlett's No. 29 guernsey. That really means something special to Gilmour, a third-generation Yellow and Black devotee.

Here's the full list of current Tiger player jumper numbers, bearing in mind the pre-season and rookie draft pick-ups are still to come . . .

1. Rory Hilton
2. Darren Gaspar
3. Duncan Kellaway
4. Matthew Rogers
5. Brad Ottens
6. Mark Chaffey
7. Nathan Brown
8. Kayne Pettifer

10. Greg Stafford
11. Joel Bowden
12. Matthew Richardson
13. Justin Blumfield
14. Aaron Fiora

16. Shane Morrison
17. Wayne Campbell
18. David Rodan
19. Tim Fleming
20. Ray Hall
21. Shane Tuck
22. Thomas Roach
23. Daniel Jackson
24. Mark Coughlan
25. Jay Schulz
26. Billy Nicholls
27. Andrew Krakouer
28. Kane Johnson
29. Alex Gilmour

31. Chris Hyde
32. Greg Tivendale
33. Brent Hartigan
34. Simon Fletcher
35. Chris Newman
36. Ty Zantuck
37. Kyle Archibald
38. Andrew Raines
39. Andrew Kellaway
40. Kelvin Moore

44. Adam Houlihan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Number 9 is in retirement while Campbell is captain, so that leaves Whale Roberts'/Leon Cameron's #15 or Francis Bourke's #30 or #41+ for the ps draftees and rookie listers.

Odd that the article makes no reference to Hartigan getting Knighter's #33.

Would have thought it just as much of an honour as Gilmore getting KB's #29 and Roachy getting Barry Rowling's #22.

Reckon there's a fair chance young Raines may get #4 after next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back