Official Club Stuff Official Hawthorn Club Account on Big Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi HFC Official,

I was wondering if you could PLEASE post the full tally of vote getters in the Best & Fairest?

I know the top 10 are on the website, but was really hoping you could provide the rest?

Thanks, much appreciated if you can.

Hi HFC Official,

By chance is the 2013 Cup making any further stops prior to taking a permanent stop?

Cheers

Hi HFC Official,

I was wondering if you could PLEASE post the full tally of vote getters in the Best & Fairest?

I know the top 10 are on the website, but was really hoping you could provide the rest?

Thanks, much appreciated if you can.

Hi Stemline,

Apologies for the late response here. If it hasn't already appeared online, you will shortly get your 2013 HawkTalk Yearbook which will have all the info you need!

HFC Official

HFC Official must be having an end-of-season holiday. Well-earned, I suspect. :thumbsu:

Unless it was Buddy doing it... but I doubt he can write! :rolleyes:

Hi Books,

It's been a hectic month! Apologies for the absence. Keep the questions coming...

HFC Official

HFC Official: It would appear that the North Smith medallist was Jordan Lewis - According to the premiership guernsey Rioli is wearing in the promo shot. Pretty poor.

Hi Wundo,

Not sure what image you are talking about. Have you got a link or can you post the image?

HFC Official

With the release of the 2014 draw (or should I say fixture) does the club have a membership target for season 2014? If so, will this be made public as membership for next season begins to ramp up???

Hi Hawkk,

The membership guys will definitely have a target figure, however we usually don't make it public until closer to the season. Have you got a figure in mind??

Hi Hawkk,

The membership guys will definitely have a target figure, however we usually don't make it public until closer to the season. Have you got a figure in mind??

Thanks for the prompt response HFC Official.

The talk on these boards a few weeks ago was that 70,000 or thereabouts would be a reasonable target.

I notice that the Tigers have set a lofty target of 75,000 for next season whilst Essendon are targeting 65,000. Our membership numbers have been in good company for a number of years now (according to some quarters we punch above our weight) and its always good to keep the supposed 'Big 4' honest...

Hi HFC Official,

I'm really excited that, once again, you've decided to take the Premiership Cup to the other state capitals so "interstate" fans can see it & feel a part of this truely national club.

In looking on the wearehawthorn.com website it states the the cup will be at Club Marion between 6.30 & 8.30 pm.

What has not been put on the website is the DATE.

It is a minor omission, but one that would prevent my family & I from attending.

I hope to hear from you soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi HFC Official,

I'm really excited that, once again, you've decided to take the Premiership Cup to the other state capitals so "interstate" fans can see it & feel a part of this truely national club.

In looking on the wearehawthorn.com website it states the the cup will be at Club Marion between 6.30 & 8.30 pm.

What has not been put on the website is the DATE.

It is a minor omission, but one that would prevent my family & I from attending.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Hi Moginie,

You have to click on more info to get all the details, however there are a few bugs such as this one that we are fixing up as we speak.

See you at Club Marion!

HFC Official

Hi HFC Official,
I was looking at the wearehawthorn.com link too, and cant seem to see where or when you bring the cup to the National Capital? Being a national game, and as there is a good supporter and member base here, I'm sure it would be worthwhile...
Cheers

Hi HFC Official,

Its going to sound picky, but each time i visit the hawknest and see Lance Franklin stuff still for sale really irks me.

All the best to Lance, but I hate being reminded of the fact each time i go to buy something. Might be time to pull that Merch.

:thumbsu:

Hi HFC Official,
I was looking at the wearehawthorn.com link too, and cant seem to see where or when you bring the cup to the National Capital? Being a national game, and as there is a good supporter and member base here, I'm sure it would be worthwhile...
Cheers

Hi Dinsdale,

Stay tuned... ;)

HFC Official

Hi HFC Official,

Its going to sound picky, but each time i visit the hawknest and see Lance Franklin stuff still for sale really irks me.

All the best to Lance, but I hate being reminded of the fact each time i go to buy something. Might be time to pull that Merch.

:thumbsu:

Hi DEECEE,

I'll forward your feedback to the HawksNest team.

HFC Official

Hi HFC Official,

I don't want this to sound too much of a whinge (though it probably is) and there may not be much you can do about it, but I don't know who else to direct this to. It is in regards to the Hawks season highlights 2013 dvd which I watched recently. Some aspects of the dvd were good, such as the running commentary by Parko and Dicko, but some things irked me, such as:
  1. This is a Hawthorn highlights dvd. Whoever puts these things together - know your audience. North supporters won't be watching this, not will West Coast supporters, etc. It'll predominantly be Hawks supporters and this is a Hawks highlights package. So why are there numerous round by round highlights of the opposition kicking goals? I couldn't give a fat rat's clacker about anything the opposition does. It should be 100% Hawthorn highlights. I don't want to see round by round highlights that include opposition play - and some rounds seemed to show just as much opposition kicking goals than Hawthorn.
  2. Once again - the predominant theme of 'Hawthorn highlights' springs to mind when I watch round by round and see things missed. A great example is the 12 second goal from a kick in against Collingwood. This wasn't even included in the Round 3 highlights but was added almost as an afterthought later on. Hey, this was an awesome piece of play. How about showing it in its entirety from the kickout to the goal rather than show only the bit from Stratton onwards? It's 12 seconds for crying out loud. The whole passage of play could/should have been shown. Why aren't the highlights of the season highlighted?
  3. As I say year after year, it would be nice to have 'Top 10' lists of goals, marks, tackles, general play as part of the dvd. Shouldn't be too hard to put together and just requires a little more effort. Whoever decides the makeup of the top 10 lists can remain safely anonymous from those who disagree.
Anyway, if you could pass this on to whoever puts together such dvds, it would be appreciated. If you have absolutely no connection with whoever makes the season highlights, then this was a fun waste of time, wasn't it? :)

HFC Official

Does the club plan on returning the #1 guernsey to a player anytime soon? It's a good number with history at HFC and while I think the idea to give it to the fans was nice, IMO it has run its course. I don't think anyone would be upset if it went back to the players.

Perhaps the club can nominate a group of players to be no.1, eg Grimley, McEvoy, Hallahan, Woodward, et al, and the supporters can vote on who should receive the number through a poll on the website? Just an idea.

Random Question for HFC Official
How come all the players reviews have some words from Chris Fagan, except for Poppys?

And you know it is the off season, when I am noticing things like that, and it bugs me enough to query it. :oops:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back