Official Muse Thread - New album, 'Drones', out Now

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, that's my vid. Can't believe someone would actually go for a break during this. Casual fans, eh? Also got Isolated System/Supremacy, Liquid State, Undisclosed Desires and Unnatural Selection that I'll upload soon.

Yeah, that's my vid. Can't believe someone would actually go for a break during this. Casual fans, eh? Also got Isolated System/Supremacy, Liquid State, Undisclosed Desires and Unnatural Selection that I'll upload soon.

You could tell the casual fans from the real fans dependent on whether they got up during Fury or Guiding Light for a necessary toilet break.

Pretty popular vid you have there. :thumbsu:

Went to both nights.
Preferred Friday, but they great in both nonetheless.

Can't actually remember, but I think they did Agitated on Friday.
Loved the opening screen with The 2nd law Isolated system (with a reference to Thriller that wasn't replicated on Sat) and go straight into the epic that is Supremecy.

I went off Muse for a few years after Absolution, but appreciate their stuff live more an their recorded albums. Madness is great live, they perform it very well but I still don't get the same attachment to the studio version of the song.

I still don't understand why people need to go for a toilet break (or drink break) during a two hour concert. For memory, three songs into the Friday set, a whole heap of people left for a break. Very odd.

I'd like for them to play more off Showbiz, but it's tough to fit a massive catalogue of epic songs into a two hour show.
By far the best modern rock band that delivers both live and in the studio.

I went off Muse for a few years after Absolution, but appreciate their stuff live more an their recorded albums. Madness is great live, they perform it very well but I still don't get the same attachment to the studio version of the song.

I rarely listen to Muse but could watch them every day of the week.

Easily the best live band I've ever seen and unfortunately I guess, ever will see.
Some may complain that the band don't interact with their audience enough, but spare me a Bono please. Play music and talk somewhere else.

Just came back from the Brisbane show, was a bloody good night. They played hysteria, time is running out, feeling good and plug in baby, was hoping for something else from that era as well, but not to be. Bliss would've made me lose my s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went to the Perth Arena (the one with the guitar malfunction half way through Citizen) show 2 weeks ago with a mate.

Couldn't fault the set list, in a perfect world I'd go to Muse and hear more earlier stuff but that's not going to happen, nobody else does it why should they. The show was epic as was to be expected.

Went to the Perth Arena (the one with the guitar malfunction half way through Citizen) show 2 weeks ago with a mate.

Couldn't fault the set list, in a perfect world I'd go to Muse and hear more earlier stuff but that's not going to happen, nobody else does it why should they. The show was epic as was to be expected.

What do you mean by "guitar malfunction"?

20 year anniversary next year and set-lists will be thrown around wildly.

What do you mean by "guitar malfunction"?

20 year anniversary next year and set-lists will be thrown around wildly.

Before they played it in Melbourne Matt said "This is an old song now, we tried to play it in Perth but completely f***ed it up".

Before they played it in Melbourne Matt said "This is an old song now, we tried to play it in Perth but completely f***ed it up".

You're only saying that because you were there to see C.E. on Friday night. :p

I was kicking myself I didn't go on Friday and then Fury and Unnatural Selection came about and I was O.K. about things again.

Not a drinker?
I am.
But a 2 hour concert doesn't need a drink break ten minutes in.
One here or there is understandable - but it was a noticeable amount throughout the stadium.

Saw them in Sydney last night. Went ****ing mental at Butterflies and Hurricanes.

Start of the set was incredible, but died down in the middle a bit. Kinda hoped we would get some more rarities because of being the final show of the entire tour but not to be I guess.

Perth had the best setlist I think.

Saw them in Sydney last night. Went ****ing mental at Butterflies and Hurricanes.

Start of the set was incredible, but died down in the middle a bit. Kinda hoped we would get some more rarities because of being the final show of the entire tour but not to be I guess.

Perth had the best setlist I think.

We got Citizen and Agitated in one night ;)

We got Citizen and Agitated in one night ;)
That's what made the Friday night better than the Saturday night.
Citizen and Agitated are awesome songs that are easily forgotten as they are from their 'pre-popular' days.
They may have done Dark Shines at one of the shows. Cannot quite remember.

My favourite albums are still Absolution and Showbiz. The rest have four or five songs that I like.

Have to say, the 2nd Law is growing on me.
Totally hated Madness, but after watching them live, I now like the song. Same deal with Survival and their instrumentals at the end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back