Triple J Hottest 100 2023 - Now with added 200-101

Remove this Banner Ad

that Pets and Drugs track by The Rubens is such a painful listen, they've had some great tracks down the years but also some god awful ones too

San Cisco and DMAs back to back in the 160s is a true indicator of the changing of the guard and the JJJ voter-base has largely moved on. A decade ago, those two would've been top 20.

Oh, and I fully expected Caroline Polachek to get the Wolf Alice treatment.

San Cisco and DMAs back to back in the 160s is a true indicator of the changing of the guard and the JJJ voter-base has largely moved on. A decade ago, those two would've been top 20.

Oh, and I fully expected Caroline Polachek to get the Wolf Alice treatment.
I generally like San Cisco but that song was plain white bread with a glass of water on the side for dipping. Didn't deserve to make the 100.

Highlands gives me my 6th and probably last vote in the countdown.

Probably the most I've had since 2013 despite not liking much of the 100 (although this countdown has been much stronger which is usually the case).

I Wanna Dance With You gives me my 4th vote in the 200, finally.
Royel Otis have a lot of potential. I'm really digging the 80s/90s jangle pop sound they have going which is a welcome change from the myriad of surf rock bands that are indistinguishable from each other.

Starting to wish I put them in my votes.

Royel Otis have a lot of potential. I'm really digging the 80s/90s jangle pop sound they have going which is a welcome change from the myriad of surf rock bands that are indistinguishable from each other.

Starting to wish I put them in my votes.
I'm quite high on them, looking forward to the album.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The #1 song is a great song, just doesnt feel like a JJJ song at all though
What do you expect when literally every second Insta and Tik Tok reel play either Doja or Harlow. People are easily influenced and I'd be surprised if artists hadn't already caught onto this trend.

Both utterly terrible songs with 15 seconds of catchy music

My favourite songs from the list are

LDR - A&W (60)
Holy Holy - Messed Up (171)
Polaris - Inhumane (160)
Mitski - My love all mine (44)
Polaris -Inhumane (160)
AEIOU (173)

Other Polaris song is s**t.
I wouldn't listen to much else and not many artists in my playlists.
For the song comp. Jack Harlow gets the Billy for s**t rap song with no depth or any value.

It's been largely a billy fest.
Even with the songs I liked. Nothing in this list has any longevity. I mean how many of these songs will be remembered in 10 to 20 years time?

LDR was good but nowhere near her earlier stuff. Polaris was ok but again nowhere near their best material, same for Mitski. I've noticed in the song comp a lot of my songs range between 2012 and 2020.

Even with the songs I liked. Nothing in this list has any longevity. I mean how many of these songs will be remembered in 10 to 20 years time?

LDR was good but nowhere near her earlier stuff. Polaris was ok but again nowhere near their best material, same for Mitski. I've noticed in the song comp a lot of my songs range between 2012 and 2020.
How many from the 2012 countdown are "remembered" in the way you're implying here?

King Gizz so close this year, though they'd finally crack the 100 with Gila Monster but not to be, Amity surprised me by not getting in either, all the heavy voters went for BMTH and Polaris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back