triple J Hottest 100 of 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree 100%. They're always going to get the "It's only a token gesture" I've got Let's go as my #1 song so far followed by Yellow. They're so great to listen to. Two of their songs are probably among 6-7 out of the 100 that I'll care to listen to again.

To much ******* autotune ruining potentially good songs.
I'm personally all for a bit of vocal manipulation, but as a general rule when it's done in an interesting way, the music as a general rule will probably be too experimental to have a broad appeal.

I can think of a few cool albums last year that dabbled in some really interesting vocal manipulation, but there's no way that they'd get anywhere near Triple J hahaha.
Camp Dog is my first song of the day. I thought it'd be the highest of my votes, but Doja Cat and hopefully Thelma Plum are still to come.
It came in at #4 on the annual count for my local community radio station (4ZZZ). From memory, Get Me Out did really well last year too. Was very good to see.

So what's left for the 25? In no particular order

Say Nothing
In the wake of your leave
Stars in my eyes
BOTA
Delilah
Hardlight
New Gold
Sitting Up
Bad Habit
Glimpse of you
Backseat of my mind
Stranger Days
God is a Freak
Get inspired
It's been a long day
About damn time
Am I ever gonna see your face again
Facts of life
Gay 4 me
Turn on the lights
Cuff it
Pulling through
First class
Vegas

That's 24. One mystery song. As It Was?

You are so edgy.

You are so edgy.
Says the dude who opened a thread to just whinge about how much he doesn't like what the thread is about.

I detest Triple J myself, but I have the self-awareness to know that bothering to have a sook about how much I dislike it would just make me look like a ********.

I'm personally all for a bit of vocal manipulation, but as a general rule when it's done in an interesting way, the music as a general rule will probably be too experimental to have a broad appeal.

I can think of a few cool albums last year that dabbled in some really interesting vocal manipulation, but there's no way that they'd get anywhere near Triple J hahaha.

It came in at #4 on the annual count for my local community radio station (4ZZZ). From memory, Get Me Out did really well last year too. Was very good to see.
This is autotune when it works. This is a song that I think works well with autotune. I noted several songs in this top 100 that were terrible overuses of autotune

I must be the only person who doesn’t rate King Stingray at all, feel like the lead singers voice is awful and they’re get a pass because they’re indigenous
I do get that Yirnja's voice isn't for everyone. He's not a great singer in the classic sense, but I like their overall fusion sound that they have and the upbeat energy they bring. Definitely one of the more exciting bands promoted by JJJ in recent times. Hopefully they continue to build on it rather than go down the whitebread holy trinity route.

You are so edgy.
What makes him edgy? Most of these songs aren't even that obscure. Bad Habit and First Class were big worldwide hits this year, for example.

Says the dude who opened a thread to just whinge about how much he doesn't like what the thread is about.

I detest Triple J myself, but I have the self-awareness to know that bothering to have a sook about how much I dislike it would just make me look like a ********.

so basically you are a sellout who is concerned about his/her image. Congrats.

******* hell, coming to a Triple J thread just to whinge about it. Spotify exists, just go and stream whatever you want you useless *s

The people here are invested in a lot of the new music and bands that emerge every year. If that's not for you then just * off and shove a giant dildo up your anus.

So what's left for the 25? In no particular order

Say Nothing
In the wake of your leave
Stars in my eyes
BOTA
Delilah
Hardlight
New Gold
Sitting Up
Bad Habit
Glimpse of you
Backseat of my mind
Stranger Days
God is a Freak
Get inspired
It's been a long day
About damn time
Am I ever gonna see your face again
Facts of life
Gay 4 me
Turn on the lights
Cuff it
Pulling through
First class
Vegas

That's 24. One mystery song. As It Was?
Mystery song is SZA. Oh well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

******* hell, coming to a Triple J thread just to whinge about it. Spotify exists, just go and stream whatever you want you useless *s

The people here are invested in a lot of the new music and bands that emerge every year. If that's not for you then just * off and shove a giant dildo up your anus.
It's still a part of the discussion. Like a song, don't like a song.

New bands like Beyonce?

It's been a wankfest since they banned Taylor swift, yet unmainsteam artists such as beyonce are allowed... taytay plays an multiple instrument and writes her own songs
Swift was banned because KFC was vote-tampering via a promotion, not because she was Taylor Swift. You can vote for anything.

It's been a wankfest since they banned Taylor swift, yet unmainsteam artists such as beyonce are allowed... taytay plays an multiple instrument and writes her own songs

She was banned because KFC did a promotion for it.

You've been able to vote for her since then. I'm pretty sure I might've voted for Exile with Bon Iver last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back