Triple J Hottest 100 2023 - Now with added 200-101

Remove this Banner Ad

Not seen a thread about but CARN Calvin Harris and Ellie Goulding.

Wonder how many Spacey Jane songs rank this time around.

Look forward to the time the voting starts to open.
Spacey only has one 2023 release AFAIK, so I guess it’s just a matter of how high the Spacey fans can get it.

If the boygenious anthem Not Strong Enough doesn't make the top 10 then something isn't right.......
It'll be in my votes for sure but Phoebe struggles to make the 100 at the best of times. This one got a bit more airplay, so it'll scrape in at best.

Got my shortlist down to 43, I've got a week before voting opens so should be able to whittle it down by then.
Think I have a little over half my list locked in. The last few spots are a cluster* though, plenty to choose from.

I've got a shortlist of only 20 tracks, so should be pretty easy to cull it down to 10.

Bit of a weird year with nothing from GoY, Skegss or Ball Park and only one eligible (and bog average) Spacey Jane track.

THANK GOD only one eligible Spacey Jane track this year, however, that could also mean all their fanbois vote it and it wins haha

feels like a lesser year, struggling to think of many big tracks that'll chart highly, I know it was a late release but that new Jack Harlow track, if eligible, is going to do well with the TikTok exposure too.

THANK GOD only one eligible Spacey Jane track this year, however, that could also mean all their fanbois vote it and it wins haha

feels like a lesser year, struggling to think of many big tracks that'll chart highly, I know it was a late release but that new Jack Harlow track, if eligible, is going to do well with the TikTok exposure too.
It’s on the voting list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No idea what inspired me to do this, but * it I took a quick crack at what I reckon the top 25 (26 once I realised Spacey Jane will find a way to weasel in there) will look like before any voting starts. (Already changed my mind on some of this but I’ll leave it here as a first draft :p)

1. MK & Dom Dolla - Rhyme Dust
  2. Doja Cat - Paint The Town Red
  3. Peggy Gou - Nanana (It goes like)
  4. Skrillex, Fred again.. & Flowdan - Rumble
  5. SZA - Kill Bill
  6. Dave & Central Cee - Sprinter
  7. PinkPantheress & Ice Spice - Boys a liar Pt. 2
  8. Tate McRae - greedy
  9. Billie Eilish - What Was I Made For?
  10. Troye Sivan - Rush
  11. Fred again.. & Obongjayar - Adore u
  12. Olivia Rodrigo - Vampire
  13. Kenya Grace - Strangers
  14. Kylie Minogue - Padam Padam
  15. casso, RAYE & D-Block Europe - Prada
  16. Dom Dolla - Saving Up
  17. Fisher & Kita Alexander - Atmosphere
  18. Genesis Owusu - Leaving The Light
  19. G-Flip - Worst Person Alive
  20. Budjerah - Therapy
  21. Dua Lipa - Houdini
  22. Boygenius - Not Strong Enough
  23. Troye Sivan - Got Me Started
  24. Spacey Jane - Sorry Instead
  25. BENEE - Green Honda
  26. The Kid LAROI - Love Again

Last edited:
No idea what inspired me to do this, but * it I took a quick crack at what I reckon the top 25 (26 once I realised Spacey Jane will find a way to weasel in there) will look like before any voting starts. (Already changed my mind on some of this but I’ll leave it here as a first draft :p)

1. MK & Dom Dolla - Rhyme Dust
  2. Doja Cat - Paint The Town Red
  3. Peggy Gou - Nanana (It goes like)
  4. Skrillex, Fred again.. & Flowdan - Rumble
  5. SZA - Kill Bill
  6. Dave & Central Cee - Sprinter
  7. PinkPantheress & Ice Spice - Boys a liar Pt. 2
  8. Tate McRae - greedy
  9. Billie Eilish - What Was I Made For?
  10. Troye Sivan - Rush
  11. Fred again.. & Obongjayar - Adore u
  12. Olivia Rodrigo - Vampire
  13. Kenya Grace - Strangers
  14. Kylie Minogue - Padam Padam
  15. casso, RAYE & D-Block Europe - Prada
  16. Dom Dolla - Saving Up
  17. Fisher & Kita Alexander - Atmosphere
  18. Genesis Owusu - Leaving The Light
  19. G-Flip - Worst Person Alive
  20. Budjerah - Therapy
  21. Dua Lipa - Houdini
  22. Boygenius - Not Strong Enough
  23. Troye Sivan - Got Me Started
  24. Spacey Jane - Sorry Instead
  25. BENEE - Green Honda
  26. The Kid LAROI - Love Again
Pretty solid crack pre vote opening. Thinking all of Dom, Doja, Vampire, Ellish & Sza are all certainties for top 10. Be a more interesting count this year without all the Ocean alley, Spacey J & Ball park type tracks filling spots

Pretty solid crack pre vote opening. Thinking all of Dom, Doja, Vampire, Ellish & Sza are all certainties for top 10. Be a more interesting count this year without all the Ocean alley, Spacey J & Ball park type tracks filling spots
All feels pretty open at the moment, will be fun to see how it shakes out. That said I’m fairly confident my top 13 will all land in the top 20.

All feels pretty open at the moment, will be fun to see how it shakes out. That said I’m fairly confident my top 13 will all land in the top 20.
Could be right, most of those should be top 20. Feel like the Scrillex one is a bit high & may miss top 20, like his ‘Fine day anthem’ track heaps. Don’t think Padam padam will do that well & G Flip will probs smash it countdown wise with ‘Worst Person Alive’ top 10

Been a very lean year. Too many mainstream American artists will feature. As predicted in above list. Read a recent Megan Hustwaite article talking about how commercial mainstream ABC is going. Makes sense as it brings in the most money. But i wonder if jjj had stuck to what they do best would they have been better off. Edit: not list directly above me.

It used to be that triple J worthy music would come through the station first, then be picked up by mainstream stations and played to death. Now it's the opposite where triple J just hand picks mainstream music to play after it's taken off to attract the young listeners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back