Triple J Hottest 100 2023 - Now with added 200-101

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the fun parts about the 20th Anniversary count is usually reminiscing about where you were, who you were, and what you were doing 20 years ago.

But I cannot for the life of me remember what I was doing for this count, I must've been friggen maggot for this one.

Was at a mates house for his yearly JJJ hottest 100 party. Good day.

Weird that Placebo had three entries and This Picture wasn’t one of them.

The Seed 2.0 is the only knockout for me in this countdown. Daylight then I’d probably have Hey Ya and (Baby I’ve Got You) On My Mind next. Solid throughout but short on standouts.

The Dandys and the Waifs reminded me where I was, and indeed I was very maggot and very sunburnt for this count 20 years ago.

In the pantheon of Hottest 100s, given a songs impact on a genre, historical significance, and ongoing appreciation, Nosebleed Section might be one of the H100s greatest "shoulda been highers" despite finishing 9th.

In a somewhat timely production, The Nosebleed Section in Triple J's Hottest 100 of 2003, 20 years after the original production, comes 1 and a half weeks after the death of Melanie Safka.

Safka, best known for her song 'Brand New Key,' released a song called 'People in the Front Row' which has part of its chorus sampled by The Hilltop Hoods for 'The Nosebleed Section.'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back