DaRenegade

NRL > AFL
Dec 22, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Miami Heat
so voting has opened today for this gimmicky countdown, will be interesting to see what makes the list, there are some old bangers in there, could we see the mediocrity of certain LAV’s make it just because they were done by certain artists? should be a unique countdown

my first round of votes are as below, will do some proper research before submitting my second batch

IMG_6272.png

I had completely missed this until just a couple of days ago. Need a lot of time to go back through them, especially the modern ones. I'll hope to vote but could throw up some very unusual results.

It's too hard. I've culled my list down to 14 - I can't cull anymore :(

Some real tough decisions made this morning.

"A change is gonna come" literally got "eeny-meeny-miny-mo'd" out when I decided to only include one song by The Herd.

Screen Shot 2023-05-30 at 12.37.51.png

I had a short-list of 29 but the website has stuffed that up, but I put in a vote of those I could remember as near certainties. I will try to recover my original short list and vote again but here's my first vote.

• Everybody Here Wants You — The Bamboos
  • Two Weeks/Head Over Heels — Kimbra
  • Settle Down — City and Colour
  • Hearts A Mess — Missy Higgins
  • Bridges — Meg Mac
  • Say It Ain't So — Jarryd James
  • Go — Jebediah
  • UFO — Ocean Grove
  • Complicated — GRAACE
  • The Children Came Back [Ft. Gurrumul (Dr G. Yunupingu)] — Briggs

Found my Short list and therefore but in a second vote.
Covered in Chrome - Northeast Party House
Back To Black - Boy & Bear
Adam's Song - Nick Ward
That Don't Impress Me Much - HAIM
Black Fingernails, Red Wine - Polaris
Blackfella/Whitefella - Bad//Dreems
The Rhythm Of The Night - Elizabeth Rose
The Boys Of Summer - Custom Kings
My People - Basement Birds
Enjoy The Silence - Groove Armada

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't wait for the top ten to mostly be straight covers, adding nothing to the original and not being anywhere near as good. cough Gang of Youths cough

#voteforjuliajacklin

I think you mean Spacey Jane.

It feels inevitable that their bland cover of Here Comes The Sun will finish much higher than it deserves.

GoY's take on Blood is amazing however and fully deserving of a top 10 finish.

Can't wait for the top ten to mostly be straight covers, adding nothing to the original and not being anywhere near as good. cough Gang of Youths cough

#voteforjuliajacklin

Have you listened to either of their LAVs? They aren't the example you'd be using if you had.

I think you mean Spacey Jane.

It feels inevitable that their bland cover of Here Comes The Sun will finish much higher than it deserves.

GoY's take on Blood is amazing however and fully deserving of a top 10 finish.

correct, add Ocean Alleys mashup from 2020 and even Lime Cordiale’s “Touch Myself” for bleh covers, but that Spacey cover is absurdly mediocre

Warm Tunas have posted their predicted top 10 so far if you upload a screenshot of your votes, DMA’s and Denzel already pulling away from the pack as mostly expected

That’s a really strange example to use as a straight cover. It’s just wrong.
Nah. Guitar part was played on piano and they had a string quartet (and Le'aupepe mumbled instead of singing). Same notes, same tempo, same structure, same vibe.

Adding some pomp does not equal a fresh take.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back