2nds Official Swans Academy Thread (Player News and Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

My understanding is that the 3 we named today can be senior list only. If someone else bids, we take them with our next pick or we pass on them. If no-one bids, we are locked in to use our last pick in the national draft on them.
The paragraph TheGong highlighted is for the case of say Jordan Foote. We nominated him initially, but we didn't nominate him for a senior list spot. If no-one takes him in the national draft, we still have priority access. He can then be added as a Cat B rookie.

Why is anyone worried about the future

Checked the main board

Heeney hiscox davis are all dead set jets so put them in round 1 they will dominate the comp

Then we had 2 more superstars next year

Basically 2016 the side is full of hall of famers

Just some perspective on Hiscox and Davis these guys are more speculative project players rather than automatic inclusions they are vastly below someone like Heeney who could play round 1.

Hiscox has incredible endurance but has a very light frame and will need some serious beefing up to make it.

Davis has the right build and athletic qualities to become a versatile player but like Hiscox has not dominated at lower levels so you cant expect both of these guys to start performing at AFL level.

My opinion i reckon Davis and Hiscox are taken as a encouragement to show to the AFL that we are serious and sincere to develop talent from the Academy and to quell the constant attacks that we only taking the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just some perspective on Hiscox and Davis these guys are more speculative project players rather than automatic inclusions they are vastly below someone like Heeney who could play round 1.

Hiscox has incredible endurance but has a very light frame and will need some serious beefing up to make it.

Davis has the right build and athletic qualities to become a versatile player but like Hiscox has not dominated at lower levels so you cant expect both of these guys to start performing at AFL level.

My opinion i reckon Davis and Hiscox are taken as a encouragement to show to the AFL that we are serious and sincere to develop talent from the Academy and to quell the constant attacks that we only taking the best.

So your not expecting McChin n co to be using this as a distraction to hide how crap their club is on the field.

Oh i don't expect him to but i wager we wont be hearing the same tripe when we land our next target :)

Yep so true. FA wise I expect it to stop but not the academy. McChin will continue with this as deflection until its totally dismantled & then he will move onto his next bit of social BS to hide how crap his side is.

Yep so true. FA wise I expect it to stop but not the academy. McChin will continue with this as deflection until its totally dismantled & then he will move onto his next bit of social BS to hide how crap his side is.

Given the unrest at Collingwood, McChin may have problems a little closer to home...

Given the unrest at Collingwood, McChin may have problems a little closer to home...

True but expect him to use the Beams situation to the fullest followed by Mills to deflect media attention away from the fact that appointing buckley was a terrible decision. The man is the type that will never own up to any mistakes of his own doing.

Funny Clive spent so long attacking Sydney he completely failed to notice the team that actually supplanted his own in the top 4 and has done more to leave his club in a non-competitive wasteland are his old mates in the Hawks.

They have now played in 3 consecutive GFs, and went within a kick of beating his Pies in 2011 and playing in 4 consecutive GFs. And this benign tumor in Victorian footy will likely improve their list this off season.

And somehow we're the villains in his 'Equalisation' pantomime.

Funny Clive spent so long attacking Sydney he completely failed to notice the team that actually supplanted his own in the top 4 and has done more to leave his club in a non-competitive wasteland are his old mates in the Hawks.

They have now played in 3 consecutive GFs, and went within a kick of beating his Pies in 2011 and playing in 4 consecutive GFs. And this benign tumor in Victorian footy will likely improve their list this off season.

Its a fight McChin knows is going to be very hard to win so as most bullys go he makes sides with them. Struggles with us because as happened this year we have sum1 in our corner that speaks back n knows theres no chance we will side with that rabble. Suck it up McChin you'll be in football wasteland for a while to come.

Gotta hand it to them they have played the public well it was a systemic attack after 2012, using his position in the media and his show to great advantage.

Gotta hand it to them they have played the public well it was a systemic attack after 2012, using his position in the media and his show to great advantage.

Yeh wont work as well second time around. Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. The games up McChin. Only the ignorant will fall for it again, I suppose that's most of BF. lol

I take your point. But I have an aversion to admiring demagogues. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back