Paddywhackers

Cancelled
Jul 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
ANZAC day has provided great memories for Collingwood supporters in recent times. And nightmares for Essendon supporters. Five out of the last six ANZAC matches have gone to Collingwood, with some of those being smashings of 73 and 65 points. Some have had other great highlights, or lowlights, who could forget Bradley's performance way back in 07.

However, today, in a game where their (Essendon's) KPF's were insipid in Ryder and Hurley, later that night, a the good news story of Bradley continued, putting in a BOG performance for the Freo Dockers.

Bloody ironic that, in the joys of ANZAC days, we really think of Kepler Bradley way back in 2007, probably more than any heroics on that day, whereas other games, such as 09, we think of Zaharakis, or in the past couple of years, Pendlebury's ownage of Essendon and the day itself, or Clokes dominance and Collingwood's as a whole.

Maybe if they had Bradley in the side, they might have won?

I love stories like Bradley, I also love ironies, such as his BOG performance on ANZAC day, albeit for the Freo Dockers... Has he redeemed himself?

I :heart: Big Kep. Thank you Essendon for chucking him on the scrap heap. :)

254668-kepler-bradley.jpg

I love watching him for the enigma that he is.

It seems sometimes that The Dockers forgive him for his regular stuff ups and thus he doesn't drop his head which enables him to do his good stuff.

The bombers on the other hand seemed particularly unforgiving and his confidence suffered big time as a result.

I dont get it.

Every game I have seen this bloke play over the last few years I have rated him, I never knew why people thought he was sht. Im on the Sheedy bandwagon with this bloke.

I love watching him for the enigma that he is.

It seems sometimes that The Dockers forgive him for his regular stuff ups and thus he doesn't drop his head which enables him to do his good stuff.

The bombers on the other hand seemed particularly unforgiving and his confidence suffered big time as a result.

The lot of a high draft pick.

I like him as much as anyone, and he played well from what I saw of the game, and contributed a few handy goals, but he barely made it into the top 15 players on the ground tonight according to Champion Data's ratings:
  1. Matthew Boyd (Western Bulldogs) - 162
  2. David Mundy (Fremantle) - 138
  3. Nathan Fyfe (Fremantle) - 122
  4. Paul Duffield (Fremantle) - 122
  5. Garrick Ibbotson (Fremantle) - 116
  6. Aaron Sandilands (Fremantle) - 116
  7. Matthew Pavlich (Fremantle) - 107
  8. Ryan Griffen (Western Bulldogs) - 106
  9. Nick Lower (Fremantle) - 105
  10. Daniel Cross (Western Bulldogs) - 103
  11. Jay Van Berlo (Fremantle) - 99
  12. Jarrad Grant (Western Bulldogs) - 94
  13. Ben Hudson (Western Bulldogs) - 94
  14. Luke McPharlin (Fremantle) - 93
  15. Kepler Bradley (Fremantle) - 92
  16. Matthew de Boer (Fremantle) - 90
  17. Shaun Higgins (Western Bulldogs) - 87
  18. Michael Johnson (Fremantle) - 87
  19. Thomas Liberatore (Western Bulldogs) - 82
  20. Justin Sherman (Western Bulldogs) - 78
  21. Dale Morris (Western Bulldogs) 78
  22. Callan Ward (Western Bulldogs) - 76

His last goal made me laugh. Such typical Kepler, looked like he was going to fumble it, then gave a beautiful baulk. Looks like a hunchback but can so the sublime.

I like him as much as anyone, and he played well from what I saw of the game, and contributed a few handy goals, but he barely made it into the top 15 players on the ground tonight according to Champion Data's ratings:
  1. Matthew Boyd (Western Bulldogs) - 162
  2. David Mundy (Fremantle) - 138
  3. Nathan Fyfe (Fremantle) - 122
  4. Paul Duffield (Fremantle) - 122
  5. Garrick Ibbotson (Fremantle) - 116
  6. Aaron Sandilands (Fremantle) - 116
  7. Matthew Pavlich (Fremantle) - 107
  8. Ryan Griffen (Western Bulldogs) - 106
  9. Nick Lower (Fremantle) - 105
  10. Daniel Cross (Western Bulldogs) - 103
  11. Jay Van Berlo (Fremantle) - 99
  12. Jarrad Grant (Western Bulldogs) - 94
  13. Ben Hudson (Western Bulldogs) - 94
  14. Luke McPharlin (Fremantle) - 93
  15. Kepler Bradley (Fremantle) - 92
  16. Matthew de Boer (Fremantle) - 90
  17. Shaun Higgins (Western Bulldogs) - 87
  18. Michael Johnson (Fremantle) - 87
  19. Thomas Liberatore (Western Bulldogs) - 82
  20. Justin Sherman (Western Bulldogs) - 78
  21. Dale Morris (Western Bulldogs) 78
  22. Callan Ward (Western Bulldogs) - 76
Erm. I hope you don't rely solely on this s**t. For instance, Bradley was better than Pavlich, who despite getting more ball, was fumbly and flat footed around the contest. Dogs just ran off him.

Another bitter irony for Essendon supporters, is that a guy who they recruited in 2003, by the name of Brent Stanton, with pick 14 in the same draft, put in an iconic performance in 2011 similar to Bradley's 2007 ANZAC day game.

Maybe they got rid of the wrong player from that draft... I would hate it if the Pies had a player like Stanton. He would make me rip my hair out...

As for Bradley, I can see him being one of those guys that just gets better and better, and by the end of his career Freo supporters will love that guy.

He's prophetic in a Waterhouse kind of way,

gangly as all sin but pumps the blood of a beast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like him as much as anyone, and he played well from what I saw of the game, and contributed a few handy goals, but he barely made it into the top 15 players on the ground tonight according to Champion Data's ratings

And that's exactly why people should stop relying on that s**t as if it's gospel.

Erm. I hope you don't rely solely on this s**t. For instance, Bradley was better than Pavlich, who despite getting more ball, was fumbly and flat footed around the contest. Dogs just ran off him.

He does. Posts the same crap on the basketball board always quoting PER numbers.

I don't rely solely on it, just use it to back up or disprove assertions or hunches that myself or others may have about a player or players. Considering these numbers are the best all-round statistical measures of a player's impact on a game available (the CDPR, considering the many factors it takes into account, being far more in-depth and indicative of actual impact than the PER measurement is for basketball), I'd say they're a decent indicator of performance. Obviously watching the game still takes precedence over any statistical measure though.

Im on the Sheedy bandwagon with this bloke.

Which is ironic considering Sheedy killed his career by refusing to play him anywhere else but in the back-line. immediately following anzac day 07 Kep went back to Bendigo under Knights who played him much the same as he gets played by Freo...he won the bendigo B&F and leading goal-kicker and got re-called by Sheedy...and played in the back-line.

Which is ironic considering Sheedy killed his career by refusing to play him anywhere else but in the back-line. immediately following anzac day 07 Kep went back to Bendigo under Knights who played him much the same as he gets played by Freo...he won the bendigo B&F and leading goal-kicker and got re-called by Sheedy...and played in the back-line.
Yeah, I think he's under strict instructions not to enter our defensive 50 for anything except a ruck contest.

Up forward however he's elegant chaos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back