Mega Thread Oh yeah ... did you know there are 17 other teams? - General AFL discussion #9 - Blues posters only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd reckon they'd both like the fixtures reversed. I rate Port a lot higher than North, and wouldn't surprise me if they knock off the Hawks.

just read the article. The whole club has been drinking their own bath water for the last 2 years. no surprise he feels other clubs are un-ethical..
I think that BJ has been drinking Watson's and Hird's bath waters. That would be the only way that he would go that nuts that damned quickly...

I'm giving them a chance purely because hawthorn Sydney gf is so boring and predictable. However if there is an upset this weekend it might make the gf one sided. I'd love a Norf v port Gf just to spice things up.

True, but I think if it did end up being Hawthorn v Sydney in the GF then it will be a mighty good game. Doubt there'd be any more than a couple of goals in it.

True, but I think if it did end up being Hawthorn v Sydney in the GF then it will be a mighty good game. Doubt there'd be any more than a couple of goals in it.

It'd be a good game......maybe it's just me but I hate the idea of playing out a finals series where the grand finalists are already determined. We've had some great epic games already. Just hate the general feeling that Hawks v Syd is inevitable. Plus I like Port :p

Port are a side that like to trouble the Hawks.

A hawthorn supporter I worked with a couple years a go was always nervous before playing them. Even when they sucked

Can't see either North or Port getting close to the other two.

Hawthorn will be nice and fresh which should help with the 'fittest team in the comp' and Sydney is far too good for North. Geelong almost beat North with only one forward, what are they going to do with Franklin, Tippet, Reid etc?

Hope Hawthorn smashes Port. Have never been a fan of arrogant Ken and is breed of bogans (no offense to the South Australians on this board :p )

He whines and contradicts himself enough to be a politician.

I also don't think he has any real degree or experience to solve any issues.

It's not a matter of if but when he turns to politics it seems

Brent Harvey suspended for a week for bumping Selwood? :eek: The bloke deserves a medal! :)

tread carefully if appealing - miss this week and NM may miss the grand final. But appeal unsuccessfully and get 2 weeks and Harvey misses the GF anyway.

Brent Harvey suspended for a week for bumping Selwood? :eek: The bloke deserves a medal! :)

tread carefully if appealing - miss this week and NM may miss the grand final. But appeal unsuccessfully and get 2 weeks and Harvey misses the GF anyway.
Tough opposition I'd appeal odds are against them may as well take the chance.

Yep, if bound for glory says Gibbs won't make it. Put your house on it.

Same website said we'd lose Gibbs & Walker this year as they'd walk out on us and we'd get raided.

Paige & her disciples.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No need to fire back like that etsal1, just asking whether Gibbs is an outside chance, most journos have him missing.

Harvey was a bloody idiot for putting himself in that position to begin with. If I was a NM supporter I would be ropable with him. You'd think he'd have a more mature head after nearly 400 games.

I like to think Boomer's suspension is the suspension he should've got for putting Curnow down behind play numerous times when we played them :p

Can't see either North or Port getting close to the other two.

Hawthorn will be nice and fresh which should help with the 'fittest team in the comp' and Sydney is far too good for North. Geelong almost beat North with only one forward, what are they going to do with Franklin, Tippet, Reid etc?

Hope Hawthorn smashes Port. Have never been a fan of arrogant Ken and is breed of bogans (no offense to the South Australians on this board :p )

Cuddly Ken seems like a teddy bear to me doesn't come across as arrogant to me, I enjoy the positive reinforcement message he has sold to the Port faithful and the players clearly are buying into it. He has worked wonders with Westhoff for example, a player who looked lost under Matty Primus' coaching.

I do enjoy Ken's coaching persona, his positive, self-confidence attitude a refreshing change from whining coaches like Chris Scott, or smug, dour negative nellies like Buckley and Ross Lyon :)

Happens 100 times a game. Joke if he gets suspended for that.

Played the man, shoulder seemed to connect with chin, off the ball & he lifted. Doesn't bode well - not surprised he's been rubbed out.

The worst thing though, is that he put himself in that situation. Don't buy that those hip & shoulders happen 100 times a game. Maybe 15 years ago.

It shouldn't matter that it's a final, if it's against the rules, he has to be suspended.

For the record, i don't think it was bad enough for a suspension. But rules are rules.

It shouldn't matter that it's a final, if it's against the rules, he has to be suspended.

For the record, i don't think it was bad enough for a suspension. But rules are rules.

Neither was Robinson's bump against Cunningham this year.

You forget he whacked the golden child of the AFL, who must not be touched in any harmful way. Lord SelwoodMort :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back