Mega Thread Oh yeah ... did you know there are 17 other teams? - General AFL discussion #9 - Blues posters only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

Just a quick one folks.

heading over for the blues v hawks game in a couple of weeks at etihad.

What end are our supporters usually based? Any tips on best place to sit.

Cheers, I grabbed some tickets on level 1 yesterday.

I have been to a few games at Etihad in the past but have usually just gone GA and sat up on level 3.

As it is our home game, the cheer squad is at the Lockett end Level 1 (Aisle 24).

Say what you like about this bloke - and I'm not a fan of his sulky demeanor - this is an incredibly honest assessment of a crap performance.

Essendon midfielder Brendon Goddard says the Bombers are at "rock bottom" and admitted that he let the scoreline dictate his effort during the Dons' 110-point loss to St Kilda on Sunday. Goddard told Fox Footy's AFL 360 on Tuesday night: "I just let the situation get to me.
"For the first time for as long as I can remember I let the scoreboard and the circumstance dictate my effort and that's as blunt and honest as I can be," he said. "I can't remember the last time I did that, I'm sure I did it as a young fella, particularly probably in my first couple of years where you tend to let the scoreboard and how the other team's playing affect your performance and that's what I did."

Say what you like about this bloke - and I'm not a fan of his sulky demeanor - this is an incredibly honest assessment of a crap performance.

Essendon midfielder Brendon Goddard says the Bombers are at "rock bottom" and admitted that he let the scoreline dictate his effort during the Dons' 110-point loss to St Kilda on Sunday. Goddard told Fox Footy's AFL 360 on Tuesday night: "I just let the situation get to me.
"For the first time for as long as I can remember I let the scoreboard and the circumstance dictate my effort and that's as blunt and honest as I can be," he said. "I can't remember the last time I did that, I'm sure I did it as a young fella, particularly probably in my first couple of years where you tend to let the scoreboard and how the other team's playing affect your performance and that's what I did."
Kudos for owning it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had Bootsma largely laughed off as a poor selection, but it could be argued that the three guys selected before him have been every bit as bad.

McKenzie (Nth.) Kavanagh (Essendon) and Crozier (Freo) have shown very little and in the case of McKenzie & Kavanagh......almost nothing, to date.

Other than the top 15, there was very little quality left in the draft of 2011, and Bootsma may yet get another go at Freo.

Carlton also looking for assistance. AFL equalisation tax is just another way of hurting mid tier clubs.
It's not like we help ourselves though. We paid big money for a coach we sacked halfway through his final contract year.

The club could definitely manage their finances better.

It's not like we help ourselves though. We paid big money for a coach we sacked halfway through his final contract year.

The club could definitely manage their finances better.
Lets just hope that Mick's 20k a week for the rest of the (leisurely) year takes some of the pain out of his Post Sacking Traumatic Stress Syndrome hey?

We had Bootsma largely laughed off as a poor selection, but it could be argued that the three guys selected before him have been every bit as bad.

McKenzie (Nth.) Kavanagh (Essendon) and Crozier (Freo) have shown very little and in the case of McKenzie & Kavanagh......almost nothing, to date.

Other than the top 15, there was very little quality left in the draft of 2011, and Bootsma may yet get another go at Freo.

Long bow but we would kill for Brad Hill now.

Gut running winger with great skills?

Long bow but we would kill for Brad Hill now.

Gut running winger with great skills?

Something we'll never know but what if Hill came to Carlton & Bootsma to Hawthorn?

Bootsma may have been too hard to turn around but Hawthorn may have had the better chance.......although it didn't work with Garlett for them.

Lets just hope that Mick's 20k a week for the rest of the (leisurely) year takes some of the pain out of his Post Sacking Traumatic Stress Syndrome hey?

Poor comment mate, I usually enjoy your posts, but that was a bit out of like, Mick is one of those proud whom I'm sure doesn't like the fact he his paid for being unemployed.

When you've been involved in the coaching circles for as long as Mick has, there is bound to be withdrawal symptoms for the end of his (probable) working life.

Mick did plenty of good work at our footy club, hopefully in time, his haters will come to realize that.

Thomas on SEN....................Very interesting.

Very, very Interesting.

Very, very, very Interesting. Must listen.

What is going on

I just heard him talk about Fields and him not wanting to coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back