Mega Thread Oh yeah ... did you know there are 17 other teams? - General AFL discussion #9 - Blues posters only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor comment mate, I usually enjoy your posts, but that was a bit out of like, Mick is one of those proud whom I'm sure doesn't like the fact he his paid for being unemployed.

When you've been involved in the coaching circles for as long as Mick has, there is bound to be withdrawal symptoms for the end of his (probable) working life.

Mick did plenty of good work at our footy club, hopefully in time, his haters will come to realize that.

F*** MM's pride and your platitudes.

Enter the real world. There are tens of thousands of Aussies out here who have been dealt an exceptionally rough hand in life.
Malthouse is not one of them. Yet goes public at his terrible lot in life, attempting to evoke sympathy from all and sundry.

I live in a small provincial city in which 20 odd percent of the population is unemployed and a further similar number are
considerably under employed. There are plenty of "bludgers" but there are plenty more who are victims or circumstance, of
economic, illness or physical sufferings.

MM came from humble beginnings and was driven to succeed. Countless others have the same story. He had the good fortune
to "make it", but rather than rejoice his place in the sun, he chose to covet it beyond all logic. He is insatiable in his need to
be "the man". His weekly income is beyond the annual one of many genuine, ethical and willing Aussies, The man lives an entitled life,
sees himself above others, his lack of knowledge of our list when accepting the job was a disgrace. The book tour confirmed his lack
of genuine commitment to the task. The ineptitude of those who appointed him has been debated ad nauseum.

The popular term of "hater" is a ridiculous one as hate is an extreme emotion.

Save your empathy for the hundreds of thousands doing life tough through illness, injury, infirmity, bad luck or even bad decision making.
Life does not give us a 2nd chance, and entitled people in their droves, disrespect and denigrate them.I speak from experience, but
will not go in to detail as the "sensitive" masses on here quickly revert to rhetoric suggesting the need to seek out a depression thread.

Your comments are insulting, Malthouse made his own bed, enjoyed the spoils for very little real effort (keeping up with trends and
moving with the times), he has an ability to mesmerize the simple minded................. you are a classic example.

Enter the real world. There are tens of thousands of Aussies out here who have been dealt an exceptionally rough hand in life.
Malthouse is not one of them. Yet goes public at his terrible lot in life, attempting to evoke sympathy from all and sundry.

I live in a small provincial city in which 20 odd percent of the population is unemployed and a further similar number are
considerably under employed. There are plenty of "bludgers" but there are plenty more who are victims or circumstance, of

MM came from humble beginnings and was driven to succeed. Countless others have the same story. He had the good fortune
to "make it", but rather than rejoice his place in the sun, he chose to covet it beyond all logic. He is insatiable in his need to
be "the man". His weekly income is beyond the annual one of many genuine, ethical and willing Aussies, The man lives an entitled life,
sees himself above others, his lack of knowledge of our list when accepting the job was a disgrace. The book tour confirmed his lack
of genuine commitment to the task. The ineptitude of those who appointed him has been debated ad nauseum.

Save your empathy for the hundreds of thousands doing life tough through illness, injury, infirmity, bad luck or even bad decision making.
Life does not give us a 2nd chance, and entitled people in their droves, disrespect and denigrate them.I speak from experience, but
will not go in to detail as the "sensitive" masses on here quickly revert to rhetoric suggesting the need to seek out a depression thread.

Your comments are insulting, Malthouse made his own bed, enjoyed the spoils for very little real effort (keeping up with trends and
moving with the times), he has an ability to mesmerize the simple minded................. you are a classic example.

Post of the decade!!

Enter the real world.
There are tens of thousands of Aussies out here who have been dealt an exceptionally rough hand in life.

That's probably a poor starting point Coona. What real world? Whose real world?

Anyway, let's allow the dust to settle before we put things in perspective.....I don't think we have that just yet.

Are those battlers you describe, faced to the same type of public and personal life scrutiny and abuse that Mick copped as coach ?

Nanette became a shut in (too afraid to go out in public for normal human occasions like the movies and dining in restaurants with Mick) out of fear of the abuse her husband will cop from a feral and ignorant public.

I am sorry, but your viewpoint is totally wrong, Mick may have been a poor coach for us but deserves better ..

Are those battlers you describe, faced the same type of public and personal life scrutiny and abuse that Mick copped as coach ?

Nanette became a shut in (too afraid to go out in public for normal human occasions like the movies and dining in restaurants with Mick) out of fear of the abuse her husband will cop from a feral and ignorant public.

I am sorry, but your viewpoint is totally wrong, Mick may have been a poor coach for us but deserves better ..

THEY ARE CONCERN WITH INCOSEQUENTIAL THINGS (TO YOU) LIKE GETTING OUT OF BED, WALKING, BASIC TASKS YOU TAKE FOR GRANTED. OR PUTTING A ROOF OVER THEIR HEADS AND THOSE OF THEIR FAMILY, PUTTING CLOTHES ON THEIR BACKS, PUTTING FOOD ON THE TABLE.
OR SIMPLY GETTING OUT OF BED AND FACING THE NEXT F****** DAY. OUT OF SIGHT OUT OF MIND, GET BACK TO YOUR IVORY TOWER WORSHIPPING PUBLIC FIGURES.

Edit to appease Mods so as not to give them an excuse to delete calling a spade a spade

*Mod edit: NO ABUSE!

Last edited by a moderator:
So Duckwood gives a chicken wing hold last night and nobody batters an eyelid, Juddy does it and he is labeled a dirty prick, pfffft I love AFL

So Duckwood gives a chicken wing hold last night and nobody batters an eyelid, Juddy does it and he is labeled a dirty prick, pfffft I love AFL

Nah you are wrong, I saw it and like all things Selwood it was one of the most courageous things I have ever seen on a footy field. The way he went in, head over the arm....pure courage!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor comment mate, I usually enjoy your posts, but that was a bit out of like, Mick is one of those proud whom I'm sure doesn't like the fact he his paid for being unemployed.

When you've been involved in the coaching circles for as long as Mick has, there is bound to be withdrawal symptoms for the end of his (probable) working life.

Mick did plenty of good work at our footy club, hopefully in time, his haters will come to realize that.
Yet when he realised his contract wasn't going to be extended he effectively had himself sacked instead of seeing our his tenure, for which he was being handsomely paid.

I think a professional would have honoured the very lucrative contract and done his best to get the team ready for the changeover. Then retired with dignity as he should have done when Bucks took over at Collingwood.

Poor behaviour and a poor outcome all round.

Do you think he earned his million bucks this year?

Last edited:
Yet when he realised his contract wasn't going to be extended he effectively had himself sacked instead of seeing our his tenure, for which he was being handsomely paid.

I think a professional would have honoured the very lucrative contract and done his best to get the team ready for the changeover. Then retired with dignity as he should have done when Bucks took over at Collingwood.

Poor behaviour and a poor outcome all round.

Do you think he earned his million bucks this year?
You got it Bigsim.

When Malthouse used to say he felt young and energetic he must have been channeling his inner grumpy, self absorbed teenager.

Geez, that escalated pretty damn quickly.

Excuse my naivete, but did MM publish the article himself, or was he approached and interviewed?

Very different scenarios. If he received a call from a journo asking him how he was settling in to normal life, you wouldn't expect him to carry the torch for the underprivileged and unemployed. He may simply have been answering direct questions.

Is he worse off than everyone else in society - hell no, but it's not like Nanette's knitting a doona out of $100 notes while Mick goes cruising the streets in his Mercedes, hanging out the window and spraying homeless people with a super-soaker.

A bit of perspective the other way wouldn't go astray.

Genuine question. Has any club had a worse year than us in history? I thought last year was bad, but this is a shocker. Coaching distaster. Board troubles. Financially down. Repeated huge demoralising losses. Club and AFL legend forced to retire from injury. More injuries. And more injuries.

Gotta be one of the worst seasons ever.

Genuine question. Has any club had a worse year than us in history? I thought last year was bad, but this is a shocker. Coaching distaster. Board troubles. Financially down. Repeated huge demoralising losses. Club and AFL legend forced to retire from injury. More injuries. And more injuries.

At least we are not Essendon

'12 was worse imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back