ozzult

Premiership Player
Feb 2, 2002
P-Town
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Eagles
Something has been getting my goat lately, this old tart that sits behind me EVERY .... BLOODY .... GAME.

At first it was OK, because I didn't have to check Cousins stats at the end of a game, all I had to do was count how many times I heard, "Go Benny!". The Go Benny brigrade I can put up with, but at the Adelaide game, I was about to have a go at her, but I thought, if I have to sit in front of her for a few seasons, I should try and keep my mouth shut.

But last week, when _everybody_ was making skill errors, the ball was being sent forward and Doogs went up for a contested mark and it dropped to ground and he went to follow it up, and got the ball and handballed it when he was on his knees with two Adelaide players around him, and it went straight to an Adelaide player. It was fair enough, he was under a huge amount of pressure and nobody was supporting him.

Then this old granny pipes up, and goes, "Who is that idiot? Get him off the ground, he is bloody useless!".

At least when they are chanting Go Benny they are supporting our team, but I just can't stand it when old grannies, who frankly haven't got a clue, start abusing the players.

Originally posted by ozzult
Something has been getting my goat lately, this old tart that sits behind me EVERY .... BLOODY .... GAME.

At first it was OK, because I didn't have to check Cousins stats at the end of a game, all I had to do was count how many times I heard, "Go Benny!". The Go Benny brigrade I can put up with, but at the Adelaide game, I was about to have a go at her, but I thought, if I have to sit in front of her for a few seasons, I should try and keep my mouth shut.

But last week, when _everybody_ was making skill errors, the ball was being sent forward and Doogs went up for a contested mark and it dropped to ground and he went to follow it up, and got the ball and handballed it when he was on his knees with two Adelaide players around him, and it went straight to an Adelaide player. It was fair enough, he was under a huge amount of pressure and nobody was supporting him.

Then this old granny pipes up, and goes, "Who is that idiot? Get him off the ground, he is bloody useless!".

At least when they are chanting Go Benny they are supporting our team, but I just can't stand it when old grannies, who frankly haven't got a clue, start abusing the players.

I feel your pain.. some old fart sitting next to me was having a go at Staker, saying, quote 'he's been around for ages, and he's still no bloody good.. (yells) You're a waste of space, stalker!'
I sat quietly and thought happy thoughts.

Every club has them

Every club has them. At the Hawthorn game, a woman of more mature years, spent the entire game screaming "Go Shane". On one occasion I pointed out that the player in question was in fact Mitchell, and on another, it was pointed out that Shane had in fact gone to the bench!!

More concerning to me is the report I heard on the radio - some yob in the Red Army (our so called supporter group) abused Chris Judd as he left the ground last week. The language was evidently over the top. No doubt the yob is question played AFL himself at the tender age of 18. Not likely.

Re: Every club has them

Originally posted by vicki
More concerning to me is the report I heard on the radio - some yob in the Red Army (our so called supporter group) abused Chris Judd as he left the ground last week. The language was evidently over the top. No doubt the yob is question played AFL himself at the tender age of 18. Not likely.

That really makes my blood boil.. ****er should hand in his membership card and stay the **** away from subi in future. He deserves a beer bottle (sorry, lightweight plastic cup) in the back of his head if he's going to come out with **** like that.

Re: Re: Every club has them

Originally posted by Mead
That really makes my blood boil.. ****er should hand in his membership card and stay the **** away from subi in future. He deserves a beer bottle (sorry, lightweight plastic cup) in the back of his head if he's going to come out with **** like that.

Totally agree! What right does someone who has probably never been in the same situation (young star, pressure etc) as poor old Juddy! FFS...some people have to give the poor guy a break!

Re: Every club has them

Originally posted by vicki

Can't say i'm surprised, I've had a run-in with them before. I say ban them all until the guy comes forward with an apology.

I just hope that most supporters aren't like that, and I don't think they are.

I swear most of the old ladies there are just turning up to show off to the old lady who sits next to them and tell them where they have been and what they have bought recently. And what private golf course they have just returned from.

We've generally got a good mob around us where we are EXCEPT for the screeching woman behind me.

When the opposition has the ball regardless of how much space she is in she HAS to tell at ear piercing decibels "GET HIM!! TACKLE HIM!!!" The further they run the higher the scream goes.

As you can imagine the worse we play, the more the opp. has the ball the more we hear this cry and the more hacked off we all get. It is a crazy compounding effect that is more than annoying.

Thankfully she is the exception rather than the rule.

The next person around me who says "who is that number 38?" will learn the answer when I implant my Football Record in their brain.

If you're there every single game its not that hard to learn our player numbers FFS. Its not like he hasn't played every single bloody week this year.

Originally posted by Mr Q
The next person around me who says "who is that number 38?" will learn the answer when I implant my Football Record in their brain.

If you're there every single game its not that hard to learn our player numbers FFS. Its not like he hasn't played every single bloody week this year.

Oh you are kissing me arnt you??? People dont know who David haynes is??? Sheesh! When I saw the boys here at York Park didnt have to look at his number before knowing who it was. I could just tell it was Haynesy! Not to mention that he waved at me and smiled when he was sitting on the bus waiting for the bus to drive off. :D

Only instance when I don't recognise a player straight away and need to see there number is when either Doogs or Cox has the ball and it isn't that close to where I'm sitting. I can't tell them two apart from a fair distance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by ozzult
Only instance when I don't recognise a player straight away and need to see there number is when either Doogs or Cox has the ball and it isn't that close to where I'm sitting. I can't tell them two apart from a fair distance.

Now that is fair enough!

What people don't know who Ben** Haynes is? No way!

**or Daniel, Kasey, Callum, Bill, Doug, Peter, John, Gareth, Ebeneezer, Engelbert....

Originally posted by carlyp
Oh you are kissing me arnt you??? People dont know who David haynes is??? :D

Certainly not kissing you (do I want to :D), you're way too far away for those shenanigans.

However there does seem to be a subset of block 315 who have problems with Haynes. To be fair they also had problems on the weekend with number 12, number 15, number 18!!, number 19, number 25 (is that Sierakowski, I hear), number 35, number 37 (fair enough on that one) and number 41 (I can live with that). To finally make my blood boil they declared that Jones didn't deserve a spot in the Eagles side (when they finally worked out who he was) and that he was a bit of a girl, and topped it off by joking that they were going to go for the Crows from then on (just after half time). I'm sorry but that's not funny. EVER.

Still nothing beats my brothers effort - first Eagles game since 1998, and has just come back into town from London. While reading the record muses "Chris Judd - don't know anything about him..."

Almost came to blows with a certain old fat ignorant and smug subset of 316 on the weekend. The guy is just a dead-set prat, who cannot actually watch the game & make valid observations, so instead just blasts Jako at any opportunity. Im not averse to constructive criticism, but I will not tolerate our boys being bagged by their own members, particularly when it's completely unjustified. This idiot was yelling at Jak, when he & Carey had nothing to do with the play. Seriously, it at one stage the ball was in the opposite pocket, and we turned it over... he bagged Jako, who was covering his man on the other side of the ground to where the ball was. Unbelievable, so I preceded to be extra supportive of our Jako at every conceivable time, very loudly, and in his ear. Oops. (This guy is also an incredibly bad sport, bagged Brad Johnson after his 250th, boos and blames the umpires regardless of the result... the usual old man behaviour for making up for their inadequacies. Not that anyone here would do that). Anyway, the stupid pr!ck wasn't worth wasting my time on, spineless, *****less fool. :)

We need an 18+ area. And we need standing room.

Well i have this guy who occasionally sits next to me (the guy next to him has 2 season tickets so brings different people each game) and seriously i have NOT heard ONE POSITIVE WORD leave his mouth, its all "you wont do anything till x leaves" or etc, i dont think hes an eagles fan but he is SO ANNOYING! as hes there most times grrr. I mean even the chardonnay sippers next to me know whats going on!

However there does seem to be a subset of block 315 who have problems with Haynes. To be fair they also had problems on the weekend with number 12, number 15, number 18!!, number 19, number 25 (is that Sierakowski, I hear), number 35, number 37 (fair enough on that one) and number 41 (I can live with that). To finally make my blood boil they declared that Jones didn't deserve a spot in the Eagles side (when they finally worked out who he was) and that he was a bit of a girl, and topped it off by joking that they were going to go for the Crows from then

I'll have to move forward a couple of rows and sort them out.

I've deafened every negative person in the area by shouting support at every opportunity. The bloke in front wears headphones and still complains.

Jones looks clumsy, but people just don't know jack sometimes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back