Betstar Champions Cup OMFL 2024 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

People only do it because it’s the easy thing to do.
Much easier than lending some support to a struggling club trying to get back amongst it. I’m looking forward to seeing them run out and play Albury next week, hope they have a fantastic day.
The weather will be great so should be a big day for all the locals and their friends and families.
Go Roos, welcome back!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
And a couple of frothies mate

Did all the recruits play Stuyd?
I believe it included their recruits and a lot of their list ,, dont know about Mitta,,, point is they won by over 100 points , now if they had only won by 6 points the knockers would be all over it ,,,
The comp needs Corowa Rutherglen in it as guys theirs no replacement club capable of coming in at this standard..
Well done to all invovled at the club and the behind the scenes efforts that have enabled this ,, unreal work

I believe it included their recruits and a lot of their list ,, dont know about Mitta,,, point is they won by over 100 points , now if they had only won by 6 points the knockers would be all over it ,,,
The comp needs Corowa Rutherglen in it as guys theirs no replacement club capable of coming in at this standard..
Well done to all invovled at the club and the behind the scenes efforts that have enabled this ,, unreal work
I hope they do well this year but we were rolling with a half strength senior side, mainly 2s after half time. The big forwards looked very dangerous though if they can get it down there. Their comeback will be measured in years though, and getting a team or two on the park is the first step in the process. The ground is absolutely picturesque. Shipping container rooms utilitarian, but should get the job done. Showers have shower curtains.

I hope they do well this year but we were rolling with a half strength senior side, mainly 2s after half time. The big forwards looked very dangerous though if they can get it down there. Their comeback will be measured in years though, and getting a team or two on the park is the first step in the process. The ground is absolutely picturesque. Shipping container rooms utilitarian, but should get the job done. Showers have shower curtains.
Well said . Just hope they have plenty of cans cold

Kind of getting sick of the blokes on here potting anything Corowa does. How about some optimism. They are doing something massive putting an O&M club back together. I wish them nothing but the best for the year ahead, the league is better for having Corowa in it.

On CPH2065 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I too admire what they have done, and wish them the best HTR. I just don’t see the point of playing a Mitta. Just my opinion. I will make the trek this week to support them in their comeback. My question was legitimate in regards to their numbers after Easter.

People only do it because it’s the easy thing to do.
Much easier than lending some support to a struggling club trying to get back amongst it. I’m looking forward to seeing them run out and play Albury next week, hope they have a fantastic day.
The weather will be great so should be a big day for all the locals and their friends and families.
Go Roos, welcome back!

In the same breath that I say I don’t get them playing Mitta, I certainly don’t get the league having them play Albury first up. It should have been a side they had a chance to be competitive against. Hope they have a great day.

I would think that Corowa putting a side on the park each week is a win and the scores would be secondary. Wodonga and Nth Albury have both been as low as you can go in the last 4 to 5 years and both have shown what can be done with a plan and being prepared to build slowly. In a very short time Nth are pushing for top 5 and Dogs one win off top 3.

I too admire what they have done, and wish them the best HTR. I just don’t see the point of playing a Mitta. Just my opinion. I will make the trek this week to support them in their comeback. My question was legitimate in regards to their numbers after Easter.
They're coming back from scratch.... so playing alone is a win.

Just wondering if anyone can give me some info on Myrtlefords. Comings and goings for 2024.
Long distance supporter of them but can't get any info down in suburban Melbourne.
How have there practice matches been going?
Looking forward to watching them live in round 1 vs nth Albury.
Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem for corowa could be come June 30 if their on field results are constant 20 goal thumpings. They need to be competitive, why they played a Tallangatta club is beyond me, with their playing surface and location, they could get clubs around the state to come and play. They should be playing a murray league club at least in ability. How these guys gel together is another thing. The problem is the lack of talk between clubs in the cluster really, why aren't they working together instead of against one another. I'm really surprised no tv network or production company has picked up and done a doco on the club, similar to wrexham, I think it'd get quite the followers.

I don't even think Geoffrey would want the worst for corowa this season, anyone who likes their footy wants them to continue

The problem for corowa could be come June 30 if their on field results are constant 20 goal thumpings. They need to be competitive, why they played a Tallangatta club is beyond me, with their playing surface and location, they could get clubs around the state to come and play. They should be playing a murray league club at least in ability. How these guys gel together is another thing. The problem is the lack of talk between clubs in the cluster really, why aren't they working together instead of against one another. I'm really surprised no tv network or production company has picked up and done a doco on the club, similar to wrexham, I think it'd get quite the followers.

I don't even think Geoffrey would want the worst for corowa this season, anyone who likes their footy wants them to continue
Should have sold the rights to Netflix or Amazon to do a documentary, “Corowa Rutherglen Rise Again”
Would have went global
Just a missed opportunity 😂

You just have to look at the success of wrexham who started in probably a lower division of footy than the o&m and see the exposure, surely eddies production company should have seen this as a story, and done it similar to the test and making their mark and followed their recruiting and season

You just have to look at the success of wrexham who started in probably a lower division of footy than the o&m and see the exposure, surely eddies production company should have seen this as a story, and done it similar to the test and making their mark and followed their recruiting and season

Who’s the Ryan Reynolds at Corowa?

ok guys ,, the seasons about to kick off ,, so how about a last minute prediction from you all as to the final ladder, who to play off in the grand final and who to win ..

Teams gallivanting a week out from the real thing, two words come to mind, foolish and disrespectful. I reckon 6:45pm Friday evening there’ll be a few gasping for air second guessing their choice to play on. The count down is on, no mercy will be shown.

Will Horse be there on Saturday on his way to Melbourne
Too little too late from the Horse, Albury will be 12 goals up and then take the foot off the pedal at half time, orders from the league. No one wants to see Corowa’s spirit shattered in round one. Playing Mitta was idiotic, I hope an inflated sense of ability hasn’t been adopted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back