On the 3rd day of xmas

Remove this Banner Ad

massie.jpg

I reckon this guy had some game. We saw a bit of it and then some injuries struck>

You know what still to this day makes my blood boil, not that we let him go but that if my memory serves me correctly we got ******* Andrew Eccles for him........Andrew '*******' Eccles!!!!!!! :mad:

Digby. Good bloke but gee, our darkest period as a club when we lost so many draft picks we had to take fringe players like Digby from other clubs and just hope like hell they were way better than fringe players. The truth was, they were handy players at best and good enough to be on AFL but not good enough to be guns in the league. Essendon only able to get a knee damaged older Cooney and de-listed Gwilt to their club in transfer period reminds me of an era we got other club left overs like Harford, McKernan, Morrell, McGrath, Johnson, and Longmuir and went nowhere and for a long time. Man, what a dark period for the club. We had a list from hell and taking a long long, long time to get a half decent list to even make finals.
Sorry but Digby Morrell just reminds me good blokes but ordinary footballers does develop a club culture long term.

I was actually pretty excited when I heard we were getting Longmuir only to find out we got the less talented shorter one and Freo hung onto the good one!!!

WTF, you pashed Richard Dennis!!! I am impressed!!

Lets hope for the supposed deed that it was a female involved and if it was Kevin Hall being pashed I suspect they were both a bit long in the tooth at the time and probably should be doing that at a Lawn's Bowl club instead and not at the alleged location.

I reckon this guy had some game. We saw a bit of it and then some injuries struck>

You know what still to this day makes my blood boil, not that we let him go but that if my memory serves me correctly we got ******* Andrew Eccles for him........Andrew '*******' Eccles!!!!!!! :mad:

I have a feeling we also may got Ben Nelson around this time ?
Maybe part of same deal. Anyway, everything that could go wrong basically did in that era for us. Seriously dark times.

I have a feeling we also may got Ben Nelson around this time ?
Maybe part of same deal. Anyway, everything that could go wrong basically did in that era for us. Seriously dark times.

Yes, we made two separate trades with Adelaide that year:

1) Kris Massie for Andrew Eccles
2) Ben Nelson for David Gallagher

It's not all that easy to come out in a worse position having traded out those two players....but we managed to do so quite emphatically.

Yes, we made two separate trades with Adelaide that year:

1) Kris Massie for Andrew Eccles
2) Ben Nelson for David Gallagher

It's not all that easy to come out in a worse position having traded out those two players....but we managed to do so quite emphatically.

I could accept the Nelson/Gallagher trade as neither were any more than good honest list cloggers. The Massie one still hurts. If I recall correctly Massie was a top 10 pick who had shown some good form. I reckon Eccles may have played in one of the Crows premierships in his first couple of seasons and that may have inflated his value. But no matter which way you look at it we got bent over and absolutely taken advantage of!

He actually looked the goods for a while there Rohan Welsh but never went on with it. A booming kick and good overhead and one that I thought was something to work with.
I remember he kicked a goal with a massive torpedo against Hawthorn out at Waverley from up on the wing one day.

The first no.3 I saw for the Blues remains undersold in discussion on Best Teams and the like.
One of the best 3rd tall defenders come HBF come pinch hitting KPD the club has seen.
KEVIN HALL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't he do his knee on an end of season trip?

Ankle.
Pretty sure he was jumping over a fence when he did it.

This!

Funny when you think back and I had actually forgotten. Pretty sure it was a very serious injury. probably running from the law. He was actually sitting in the same row as me on a flight back from Perth a few months back. Pretty sure he is still a coach somewhere in the U18's?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back