Open Mike - Mal Michael

Remove this Banner Ad

If he was to disclose the real reason he left this town, many would agree with your assessment.

The fact that he didn't shows the calibre of the person, especially when the reason is very widely known.
Do tell.

It might not be as well known as you think.

Send us a pm if you like.

Last edited:
Mal's love affair for swinging on a swingset caused him to miss training to many times.

Tragic story but something had to be done.

Have no issue with him saying it was a bad look and that it probably wasn't in the spirit of the game, but I would have liked him to at least acknowledge the perspective that it is a man's game and that there is a legitimate argument that once you push the trainer away and run back to position, it is game on. This was certainly a big part of the debate at the time and shouldn't be lost when we consign these things to the history books.

I wouldn't be surprised if Chris Scott was partial to that view.

I felt the reply was as much as this is what I need to say as, it was his thoughts. I would have liked the "He pushed the trainer away, but perhaps we needed to not be as aggressive as we were".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you mean he was a swinger wouldn't that be kind of irrelevant income terms of having to leave town ... unless you swung with the wrong person a la Carey ...?
I worked with a bloke who badgered his mrs into a manage a trio, or some such French phrase, and she nicked off with the other women. Income had little to do with it.

It brought back memories of 2004 - what might have been. Never did get the Highlights package from that year - we played some blinders but when you lose the GF all memories are erased.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back