Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Rowbottom 6 tackles, how about getting a kick!
Why is that so important today?

Did any of his tackles result in a turnover that ended up as a goal?
Stop blues from scoring?
Cause a stoppage where the swans scored?

I’d argue any of those 3 things are worth more than a kick…..

We have to move on. It would have been good if Tay left with a flag under his belt, but it wasn't to be
Indeed. I’ve already moved on.
Had Tay stayed, I don’t think he’s in our team by end of year anyway….im ambivalent to him leaving as it was a way to extend his career.

Swans will pay him his final 2 years to play VFL anyway IMO. So good work by us and “overpaying” by swans (oh wait….overpaying only relates to draft picks….i take that back!! :) )

Why is that so important today?

Did any of his tackles result in a turnover that ended up as a goal?
Stop blues from scoring?
Cause a stoppage where the swans scored?

I’d argue any of those 3 things are worth more than a kick…..
Did you just turn the game on? they couldn't touch the ball for half the quarter and their tackling wasnt having much impact

Did you just turn the game on? they couldn't touch the ball for half the quarter and their tackling wasnt having much impact
Watched some the first qtr.

I was just questioning your use of stats to deride a player without context of the end result.

I have no idea either way. I was merely suggesting that to value kicks over tackles these days is a poor way to judge impact.

Watched some the first qtr.

I was just questioning your use of stats to deride a player without context of the end result.

I have no idea either way. I was merely suggesting that to value kicks over tackles these days is a poor way to judge impact.
It was 27-3 on scoreboard and swans were leading tackle count 18-1 so imo the tackling wasnt having much impact and better off just winning the ball which they started to

Indeed. I’ve already moved on.
Had Tay stayed, I don’t think he’s in our team by end of year anyway….im ambivalent to him leaving as it was a way to extend his career.

Swans will pay him his final 2 years to play VFL anyway IMO. So good work by us and “overpaying” by swans (oh wait….overpaying only relates to draft picks….i take that back!! :) )
I used to be staunch when it came to losing any of our players but I'm at peace with players moving for more money these days because football is only 10 years for most and everyone has the right to set up their future for themselves and their families

They complain about the spectacle of the matches in Darwin.
Seriously though, are matches in Sydney that much better to watch.
Always seems a congested slog.
It’s a crap ground for a viewer if you ask me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better not check the score

I gave Carlton too much credit

They have to be the luckiest team in the comp

Between the bounce/fall of the ball constantly going their way, the umpires in their pocket and always playing teams who don’t kick straight, one could argue they’re underperforming lol

They complain about the spectacle of the matches in Darwin.
Seriously though, are matches in Sydney that much better to watch.
Always seems a congested slog.
It’s a crap ground for a viewer if you ask me.
Sydney footy is a horrible spectacle, which isn't helped by the fact the Sydney crowd are all theatre goers - just makes for a boring watch.

I used to be staunch when it came to losing any of our players but I'm at peace with players moving for more money these days because football is only 10 years for most and everyone has the right to set up their future for themselves and their families
We, AFL supporters, are very immature to this thinking (sans last 4 or so years).

Rarely does a player leave have a tangible impact on club performance. Let alone one late 20’s+

But everyone loves the emotion of it. So I understand that.

I gave Carlton too much credit

They have to be the luckiest team in the comp

Between the bounce/fall of the ball constantly going their way, the umpires in their pocket and always playing teams who don’t kick straight, one could argue they’re underperforming lol
I said half way through the first that Sydney will run all over them. It was just a matter of time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back