Opinion Our 2015 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Can I just offer that no matter who thinks which draw is soft or difficult, there will be no easy games for any team.

You beauty, we've got GC and Eagles and Brizzy twice - the three teams I'm predicting to be dramatic improvers. You'd think that if the Crows are at their best, there'd be 6 wins right there…yeah nup.

Saying that Crows have no excuses if they don't play finals, based on the draw, is so stupid. There are no guarantees the top eight or bottom ten will perform as their ranking suggests. It would probably be better for us to be playing North and Richmond twice instead of the lower ranked West Coast and Gold Coast for example.

Champion Data says we have the 9th most difficult schedule. Port get 2nd. Surprised Brisbane got such a tough one.

View attachment 90028
Have they screwed up the years in the points differential column. Or does this really have nothing to do with teh draw this year?

2013 points differential of 2014 opponents???

Anyone got an easy way of comparing the double up games for each club?
3110rohans_draw.jpg

and
Champion Data says we have the 9th most difficult schedule. Port get 2nd. Surprised Brisbane got such a tough one.

View attachment 90028

This just gives too much weight to the final ladder last year - too much weight to the interstate road trips - it's ridiculous guess-timation.

Surely we all know that last year's ladder had a similar - "someone had an easier ride than another" twist to it.

Interstate travel - long haul etc ... not a factor that can be isolated. How long a break and who do you play after the long-haul etc...

Such rubbish it makes my maths loving brain want to scream "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!" :)

This just gives too much weight to the final ladder last year - too much weight to the interstate road trips - it's ridiculous guess-timation.

Surely we all know that last year's ladder had a similar - "someone had an easier ride than another" twist to it.

Interstate travel - long haul etc ... not a factor that can be isolated. How long a break and who do you play after the long-haul etc...

Such rubbish it makes my maths loving brain want to scream "I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!" :)
I know, I get that, but DJ75 wanted an easy way to compare who plays who twice. It's as basic a way as you can get :D

Which means it suits the question "How did your club fare in the draw?" perfectly
I'm not sure what you mean there :) I think it clouds the question more than answers it.

I'm now trying to get my head around the "Home state team vs Interstate team"? How the hell does that work? They are saying that the fewer games you have at home against interstate teams the harder your draw? Huh?

So comparing Hawks and Adelaide ...

Adelaide has 9 home games against non-SA teams, so we get 2 points.

Hawks have 2 home games against non-Vic teams, so they get 9 points.

It's a ridiculous guesstimate answer to a question which can have nothing but ridiculous guesstimates, because it's 6 months away and there are no form lines to remotely suggest who is going to be good, bad, easy, tough, ravaged with injury.

The only way the draw can be objectively measured is from a fiscal point of view - how many thu/fri night standalones, how many saturday night games, how many sunday games, how many high drawing opponents, how many games on free to air.

It's a ridiculous guesstimate answer to a question which can have nothing but ridiculous guesstimates, because it's 6 months away and there are no form lines to remotely suggest who is going to be good, bad, easy, tough, ravaged with injury.

The only way the draw can be objectively measured is from a fiscal point of view - how many thu/fri night standalones, how many saturday night games, how many sunday games, how many high drawing opponents, how many games on free to air.

Your paragraph is completely true but there is no reason we will be any less accurate with our predictions now than football "experts" 5 minutes before the bounce for Game 1 of the season. Altho I think it is a fair bet that Richmond will lead that and Carlton will come roaring back :)

Of your second paragraph, yes very true and how refreshing that MOST clubs actually seems happy with next season's draw from a commercial point of view, altho the 7, 6, 6 Fri nite games to Richmond, Carlton and Collingwood is a joke. Of course tho on field performance will still play a big role in the fiscal success also.

I am sure Carlton and Collingwood on that cold Sunday night late this season would have drawn 80,000 still if they were both in the Top 6 at the time. Those big Vic clubs have the biggest differentials of all between winning and losing seasons, yet are the first to hang sh*t on Adelaide or West Coast fans when the cameras show a few hundred of our fans leaving games early when we look like losing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the deal with Carlton vs Adelaide?

This will now be 5 years in a row where Adelaide have travelled to play Carlton in Melbourne, and Adelaide haven't played Carlton in Adelaide since 2010.

This will now be 5 years in a row where Adelaide have travelled to play Carlton in Melbourne, and Adelaide haven't played Carlton in Adelaide since 2010.
Sucks balls

Can I just offer that no matter who thinks which draw is soft or difficult, there will be no easy games for any team.

You beauty, we've got GC and Eagles and Brizzy twice - the three teams I'm predicting to be dramatic improvers. You'd think that if the Crows are at their best, there'd be 6 wins right there…yeah nup.

Saying that Crows have no excuses if they don't play finals, based on the draw, is so stupid. There are no guarantees the top eight or bottom ten will perform as their ranking suggests. It would probably be better for us to be playing North and Richmond twice instead of the lower ranked West Coast and Gold Coast for example.
Yes I agree completely. But no soup for you.

Pretty obvious that the AFL is trying to get the Vic crowds back to the football at the expense of the interstaters. Carlton have a Thursday night and SIX Friday night games...outstanding for a team that finished 13th with a percentage worst than 90. Collingwood 5 Fridays and 2 Thursdays for a team that finished 11th and going backwards. Richmond get 7. It's all about getting the big Vic clubs supporters back and at the games. Who cares what SA clubs want, we cracked 1million to AO with one team playing crapola for most of the season.

Pretty obvious that the AFL is trying to get the Vic crowds back to the football at the expense of the interstaters. Carlton have a Thursday night and SIX Friday night games...outstanding for a team that finished 13th with a percentage worst than 90. Collingwood 5 Fridays and 2 Thursdays for a team that finished 11th and going backwards. Richmond get 7. It's all about getting the big Vic clubs supporters back and at the games. Who cares what SA clubs want, we cracked 1million to AO with one team playing crapola for most of the season.
Everything's at our expense seeing the crowds that we pulled on average this year. They are banking on us to do that again.

I'm actually disappointed with the SA and WA CEO's when it comes to this. I think they should band together and demand a better deal. West Coast and Freo are constantly screwed with Sunday afternoon fixtures because that is twilight for eastern states and none of the big Vic clubs will cop it. We know that we are constantly given shite timeslots and Port little better.

The comp would be absolutely nothing without the SA and WA teams. It would be the Vic clubs we saved from bankruptcy by joining their league and the 4 AFL puppet clubs.

Seriously, who wants to see Richmond play 7 Friday night games? I hope they are doing as badly as this year after Round 12 and don't recover. THat would be classic. And the AFL couldn't even give the Bulldogs 1 Friday night vs Richmond?

The fixture just shows who still wags the dog. Sure there are 9 teams in Melbourne and it seems nothing in the future is going to change this.

Maybe if a few weren't based in suburban Melb more of their supporters would turn up when they did play. I know its an old chestnut, but Tasmania, one or two of the bigger country Vic centres, NT all deserve to see AFL footy on a more regular basis and New Zealand would be a good stepping stone to making it more trans Tasman. All of a sudden you don't have so many dead games in Melb and it is a truly national comp. You have the big Melb clubs....Collingwood, Carlton, Hawthorn, Essendon, Richmond and Melbourne (only putting the Dees in as there is no chance of them relocating) That leaves North, Saints, Dogs and maybe the Hawks play more games in Tasmania. Geelong I consider not to be Melb team.

Problems are that teams like Saints, Dogs, North have all spent good money on their training bases and it would need the AFL to shell out money like they did to GCS and GWS. Maybe two conferences ala US sports could help the fixture.

But all of the above is moot. Until the AFL stops pandering to the big Vic clubs nothing is going to change much.

So apparently our NAB Challenge game in Port Lincoln isn't on Foxtel.... But I thought all NAB Challenge games were supposed to be on Fox Footy? Afterall, that's the reason I bought it. :mad::mad::mad:

...How long would it take me to get there from Adelaide?
The club will probably stream it on YouTube. Better then nothing

So apparently our NAB Challenge game in Port Lincoln isn't on Foxtel.... But I thought all NAB Challenge games were supposed to be on Fox Footy? Afterall, that's the reason I bought it. :mad::mad::mad:

...How long would it take me to get there from Adelaide?

The reason you got Foxtel is to watch NAB Cup?

The reason you got Foxtel is to watch NAB Cup?
Yes, actually. Last year about this time, I decided I really wanted to watch NAB cup, so I bought Foxtel :D

Although, it's much better during the season proper. :p

Hopefully the club stream on YouTube like their GWS trial game last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back