Our Guernsey vs Carlton?

Remove this Banner Ad

Or this. Looks a bit like Mark McClure.

"Tally ho, kick the ball long to my mate Waite"

tumblr_m3qtgn5kng1rsgvkso1_500.jpg

At the risk of stating the obvious, we have 64 different strips for financial purposes only. NRL clubs change their strip every year. It's horrible.

I think we should have a a clash-away strip too. Just in case we play a white away team. Hawks need more guernseys.

P.S. I am a big fan of our away strip. :)

At the risk of stating the obvious, we have 64 different strips for financial purposes only. NRL clubs change their strip every year. It's horrible.

I think we should have a a clash-away strip too. Just in case we play a white away team. Hawks need more guernseys.

P.S. I am a big fan of our away strip. :)

Yes, it's just a shame they insult our intelligence by trying to pretend our brown and gold stripes would be confused with any other teams jumper. Call it an alternative strip for financial purposes but not a clash jumper.

I'd have thought the new away jumper [ :thumbsu: ], which is predominantly brown, would be more of a clash with Carlton's jumper than our home/traditional jumper, which is predominantly gold.

It diminishes my passion for the team I am watching when I see the white jumper. It is like I am watching another team. It confuses my kids as it could be any white team they are watching.
No need to ever wear anything but Brown and Gold stripes.
Only exception is WCE away - but white is not the answer there as their jumper is 1/3 white, so our mainly brown jumper is good then.

agreed, I recall explaining to my kid the "reason" why Hawks were wearing white with a bwon Hawks on the chest instead of the Brown and Gold stripes.

Me: "err its because its the clash jumper, the AFL thinks our normal one will clash with the opposition"
her: "clash?"
Me: "it means people get confused because of the colours of our normal jumper and any other opposition"
her: "but they are completely different, and easy to see who is who"
me: "I know, its stupid isn't it"
her: "very stupid"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not bad CLA - much better that what we have. At least it has brown and gold stripes and it looks like Hawthorn.
Cartoons have no place on club jumpers.
You need to reverse the stripes on the back. A brown number better than black. And the current socks with a white hoop is OK.

In the past we had our traditional Guernsey and our clash (white) guernsey.

And we have opted for the clash Guernsey against Carlton because brown & gold stripes clash too much with navy blue ;)

However, now we have a designated 'away' strip which looks awesome, will we get to see this one on Friday night?

I hope so, I can accept the 'clash' jumper when we play interstate but I don't want to see this when we play here (either at mcg or etihad)!!!

.. every time I watch a replay of the 1986 GF I find it very confusing .. very hard to determine who is Carlton and who is Hawthorn .. the way that the navy blue and the gold & brown clash .. the ball gets kicked up to Doull v Dunstall and if it wasn't for Doull's beard , bald head and headband you'd think they were the same player ...

Finally common sense prevails .. 27 years too late !!

;)

I'll give you an extreme example to illustrate my point.
How would you feel if we played Carlton this week in an Essendon jumper?

That's so extreme as to be rendered redundant as an example.

I admire your passion for the traditional strip. I'm just astounded that a variation of it would diminish it. We know the 22 guys out on the field represent the club we love, so them wearing other than solely brown and gold stripes shouldn't really matter. I think you're sweating the little things, to be honest.

That's so extreme as to be rendered redundant as an example.

I admire your passion for the traditional strip. I'm just astounded that a variation of it would diminish it. We know the 22 guys out on the field represent the club we love, so them wearing other than solely brown and gold stripes shouldn't really matter. I think you're sweating the little things, to be honest.

I agree with walhawk completely and if anything would go even further.

I have absolutely no emotional attachment to the away guernsey whatsoever, I've never seen any of the players I truly revere wear it and never will see a hawthorn team win a premiership in it (thankfully).

In no way does it represent the Hawthorn Footy Club and in whatever guise you have seen it, it's generally been an embarrassment.

Brown & Gold stripes will do me.

I have absolutely no emotional attachment to the away guernsey whatsoever, I've never seen any of the players I truly revere wear it

Never seen Hodge or Mitchell play?

Look, it's each to their own. I just find it somewhat baffling that people are so vehemently against any sort of alternative strip and would allow it to affect their enjoyment of the game.

Never seen Hodge or Mitchell play?

Look, it's each to their own. I just find it somewhat baffling that people are so vehemently against any sort of alternative strip and would allow it to affect their enjoyment of the game.

The jumper is the only thing that holds true from our beginning to our end.

It is our identity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back