Strategy Our Next Senior Coach: 2019 & Beyond... is Matthew Nicks

Our next senior coach...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Noble - he's coached the Bays successfully at SANFL level, knows the Crows (now that may be a negative unless changes are made) and would be the closest to a Chris Fagan style appointment they could find.

David Noble - he's coached the Bays successfully at SANFL level, knows the Crows (now that may be a negative unless changes are made) and would be the closest to a Chris Fagan style appointment they could find.
Are you dogs105 's son?

Liked Tex saying:

“We’ve learnt a fair bit as a club and given opportunities to young guys… that’s the way we’re going and I look forward to it.”

So the movement of players will continue, we will target young talent ... and we will get a coach that wants to build that group as his/her own?

I'd be happy with that result, but we need to get moving. The next coach will need to be announced ASAP so we can get on the right side of trades.

Scott Burns would be a positive appointment for attracting players I reckon. His CV is littered with good AFL systems and mentors.

Just spitballing a bit here...

But what are the rules re: father/son when let’s say Schofield becomes our senior coach and suddenly his son (who is apparently a top 5 pick) doesn’t want to play for Port anymore.
Can he block a f/s nomination from the Power/Freo and enter the draft like any other kid in the hope he gets to his old man’s new club? Would be nice to upset the Port apple cart on this one.

Sons a top 5 pick you say?
Good coaching by Dad then?

Schofield, Longmuir or Caracella for me.
Burns got kicked out after the Pies external review. Tells me everything I need to know. Do not want.

From what I keep hearing, the young Schofield is tracking extremely well. Perhaps Mutineer can shed some light for us?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what I keep hearing, the young Schofield is tracking extremely well. Perhaps Mutineer can shed some light for us?
Of course he can go into the open draft but there is no way he would....he'll be at Port without a doubt.

Sons a top 5 pick you say?
Good coaching by Dad then?

Schofield, Longmuir or Caracella for me.
Burns got kicked out after the Pies external review. Tells me everything I need to know. Do not want.
I wondered that. Someone on the Pies board said he'd accepted the Hawthorn job before the review. Though that would more likely be before the review was completed. So I'm still none the wiser

Just spitballing a bit here...

But what are the rules re: father/son when let’s say Schofield becomes our senior coach and suddenly his son (who is apparently a top 5 pick) doesn’t want to play for Port anymore.
Can he block a f/s nomination from the Power/Freo and enter the draft like any other kid in the hope he gets to his old man’s new club? Would be nice to upset the Port apple cart on this one.
He can absolutely. People are expecting Luke Edwards to do exactly that to us next year.

The fact that Freo are taking so long to appoint their head coach implies their #1 man is either an assistant at Collingwood, Geelong, Richmond or GWS. Justin Longmuir (Coll) or Blake Caracella (Rich), surely.

The fact that Freo are taking so long to appoint their head coach implies their #1 man is either an assistant at Collingwood, Geelong, Richmond or GWS. Justin Longmuir (Coll) or Blake Caracella (Rich), surely.
Good that means Peter Sumich might just be our next coach.

Why hasn't Matthew Nicks been mentioned more?

Hodge will build a dynasty. I have no doubt.
Get him in and take some pain while he learns on the job.
I actually think his first premiership will come rather quickly.
Put him in the poll he’ll get a truck load of votes, no pun intended.
Lol at Essendon going into damage control.
The idea of Longmuir and Lyon senior assistant is appealing as long as they don’t clash heads.
Burns., release the hounds. Not interested.
Nicks. Now he’s getting on radar as he’s better than one would think.
Anybody mentioned Kingsley?
He’s alright.

Someone posted here the other day that he was offered a development coaching role here. Apparently he is leaving to take up an assistants role with Fremantle. I've no idea whether or not this is true

Good for him, good for us.

He's smart enough to realise that a diverse body of experience is good for his future prospects - same as Truck.

Exactly, I want him no where near our players.

You don’t shift incompetence you ******* sack them

In an ideal world yes. Generally, sackings are for people that genuinely do something that goes against a companies code of conduct.

Being bad at your job gets you promoted or moved around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back