Ovens & Murray Season 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

I have heard the same thing Jack Cooke will no doubt be vying for the Full Back spot now that Matt Shannon is going overseas, he is about 195cm and runs like a gissell.

Are yarrawonga still running around acting like they are the best football team in Victoria. They are a bunch or primadonnas who wouldn't get a kick in the EDFL. Big fat fev wouldn't get near it on the leagues best defenders.
Go Jets 2013

young ben vile recently reappeared at training and is looking very solid, fitness could be a worry although has added some bulk to the lean frame and could be handy across half back if given a chance following two great seasons for murray bushrangers ( lead disposal efficiency last season )​

Are yarrawonga still running around acting like they are the best football team in Victoria. They are a bunch or primadonnas who wouldn't get a kick in the EDFL. Big fat fev wouldn't get near it on the leagues best defenders.
Go Jets 2013

There would be atleast half a dozen yarra players who would walk straight into your starting 18. probably more. And a fair dinkum Fev would tear any metro/country league apart in the state.

It's in Wagga because they gave GWS a crap load of money in return for games. They got Brisbane this weekend I think. Maybe Albury Council should invest in a AFL club !!!
albury do support the giants hence the reason they got the game last year. it is also the reason there is a need to upgrade lavi panthers, as there is a push to get GWS premiership games in albury. However the funding for the art gallery has pushed that back. i think ACC is looking for sporting grants.

Did anyone else go to the game at wangaratta yesterday? What were your thoughts?

I was happy with the access to food and the bars and the two clubs did very well in that regard, the only downer was we couldn't see the scoreboard or the game itself.. Wasn't a good viewing point for the kids if you didn't get to the fence first...

Did anyone else go to the game at wangaratta yesterday? What were your thoughts?

I was happy with the access to food and the bars and the two clubs did very well in that regard, the only downer was we couldn't see the scoreboard or the game itself.. Wasn't a good viewing point for the kids if you didn't get to the fence first...

They were lucky it was 40 degress. Wouldn't be much fun sitting on the cycling track !!! It did look good on the TV. So what are there chances of holding the GF ? What a perfect place if it was Yarra V Albury !!! Airport nice and close for the Yarra players to land at .

Interesting result tonight between raiders and jindera in a praccy match with jindera getting over the line by 4 pts. Raiders only missing their Melbourne boys and jindera missing 3/4 of there better players coach included. Can u confirm this nop or anyone else that was at the game. If so will be a long year for the raiders.

They were lucky it was 40 degress. Wouldn't be much fun sitting on the cycling track !!! It did look good on the TV. So what are there chances of holding the GF ? What a perfect place if it was Yarra V Albury !!! Airport nice and close for the Yarra players to land at .
Reggieray,
I did not attend, but had a number of friends that did, and they said exactly the same thing as you.This may well become a major issue to hold a GF, .... its ok to have say 7000 having good vision of the game, but not ok if the rest have poor vision..... thats where the Lavington complex has the big advantage, can accomodate some 12000 plus and all have good vision of the game.In fact, some 15 plus years ago I attended a pre season game where Carlton played Essendon and the reported crowd was some 18000 (now that may of been 15000 real) but the fact is ,it was the biggest crowd I ve ever seen at Lavington, still enabling all to have good vision of the game and scoreboard.

Any news on how Albury went against Ainslie in the scratch match on the weekend. I heard they won, but have no other details. Also see North Albury beat Mansfield by some 13 goals... any details on this game.?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any news on how Albury went against Ainslie in the scratch match on the weekend. I heard they won, but have no other details. Also see North Albury beat Mansfield by some 13 goals... any details on this game.?

North boys had a good hitout. The firsts won by about 45 in the first half before the seconds took over and blew it out when the Mansfield boys were a bit tired but still played well all the same. North have Ainslie this week so it should be a big test for us.

Albury beat Eastlakes from Canberra I heard but haven't seen a paper or anything so may be wrong.

Saw in the Border that North have signed "Former GVFL star Brian Durbridge" - will be interesting to see how he goes, rode on the coat tails of a quality midfield while at the Shepp Swans and when he played for Euroa who were struggling he was absolutely dreadful. Has a lot to say on field too - he's a bit of a tool.

Saw in the Border that North have signed "Former GVFL star Brian Durbridge" - will be interesting to see how he goes, rode on the coat tails of a quality midfield while at the Shepp Swans and when he played for Euroa who were struggling he was absolutely dreadful. Has a lot to say on field too - he's a bit of a tool.

Only 'tools' get on a forum like this and bag people behind a screen! Well done.
GVFL league medal by being a coat tail is a fair achievement!

But yes the question earlier is the key, will aker stick around longer then one season?
Leslie McDonald price durbridge aker Brandon and Ben Ryan all 30+ aswell, drops away pretty quickly after that too

Only 'tools' get on a forum like this and bag people behind a screen! Well done.

But yes the question earlier is the key, will aker stick around longer then one season?
Leslie McDonald price durbridge aker Brandon and Ben Ryan all 30+ aswell, drops away pretty quickly after that too
Dont get too upset Wizards, the proof will be in the pudding. All i'm saying is I dont think people should get too excited about his signature. He might have a great year, happy to be proven wrong... Only an opinion, friend.

Dont get too upset Wizards, the proof will be in the pudding. All i'm saying is I dont think people should get too excited about his signature. He might have a great year, happy to be proven wrong... Only an opinion, friend.
The boys at Chiltern and other Tallangatta league guys seem to agree with you Doggies.

I can tell you he was and is the worst medallist in recent GV history. Poor discipline and wouldn't have had him in the top 30 GV players that year!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back