Owners

Remove this Banner Ad

You seem to be confusing results on the pitch and having wealthy owners who can piss money up against the wall as their play things with having a well ran club.

That's the plastic EPL fan mentality. When did you catch that disease?

They are your owners. They didnt grow up Leicester fans however.

You're their play thing. No need to get all antzy.

That’s alright. Now it’s my turn, pretty much the same reason. Been extremely busy. Now that everything is sorted, it feels a lot smoother now.

Heh, sorry, I think the English Counterpart would like to lay a claim on that. Besides, Joel Griffiths is a real bugger. Yeah I know he’s no longer there, but I still see him as a Jet. So you also hit Greece as well. My one was actually Panachaiki of Patras! It’s funny because not only do I have a soft spot for them, but Vichai just happened to suggest them as a potential club to increase our presence in (I have no idea why they mentioned Greece, then again, some of the clubs they choose can be a bit weird.) Panachaiki were actually surprising easily to get to the Champions League. Getting them to perform was another thing. I think you also found out the same way it looks like, just what a few talented U21s can do, lol.

Very true, but at the end of the day, points is what matters!

The correct term would be a skulk, and more often than not they would look like this the moment someone gets injured: http://data2.whicdn.com/images/14610795/original.jpg (But really, all those benchwarmers seem to get pretty frustrated about not getting a game. Think the most amusing one was Adam Smith complaining about not getting a game and refusing to go out on loan.) Heh, that would be amazing if true. But that’s interesting, because EG is actually more famous for their ‘naturalisation’ then their local talent. Meaning you’re more likely to see ‘Fred’ then you are the name Traore. So just like Qatar, EG has oil money! Although unlike Qatar, there’s a lot more significance placed on the national team, since their league is a semi-pro league. Let’s just hope the EG doesn’t become the next hotspot for footballers at the end of their careers, lol.

Heh, that may be true, but I think he would be itching for goals no matter. That said, it seems that Mickina shares something in common with me. I usually like to sign players from less successful nations and have them in my team. Of course, rarely any of them actually go on to become first teamers, though they have a good record helping other teams. They’ve extremely cheap, and as long as they are linked to an EU nation, easy to get. It does warm my heart a bit when those players eventually do make their debuts for the national team in real life, even better if they become the star players for their nation.

You should if you ever download those extra league files. Lots of fun. Only real downside is that you’re only going to make sure you play in England only. You're also going to hope that you don't spend any longer than a season in the lower divisions, and the only way to do that is to win outright. They actually go into some hardcore detail about individual regional cups, which shows these guys have really done their work. But yeah, the new club challenge is always great. It’s actually quite amusing how well FM handles them. When I did Torquay Towers in 07, I was very confused why the team was not in the FA cup. It turns out there’s a rule saying that only clubs that have existed for at least two years can enter the cup, so that was pretty cool (well, maybe not so cool considering I had to wait two game years to play.) The Dev team do genuinely think of everything if you decide to tinker about with the database(including variable division numbers). There isn’t even kudos in the world to give those blokes. Glad to see you share my opinion on the WCC!

Well, you know, just the fact that they all support Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea… interestingly all the Liverpool fans I know are older than 30. I knew of a hardcore Man City fan, who was actually born in Manchester. He was the one that introduced me to FM (Well, Championship Manager back then), and he gave me the 01/02 game, and told me it was the best version. He wasn’t wrong. He also had a soft spot for Simon Davies and Farnborough Town (I suspect the latter was a small team he managed to glory). What I think was even more amusing was his mate, who actually supported Bournemouth! The guy was an Aussie, has no connection to the club, and yet was pretty hardcore about them. Oh if I can only see them again to see their faces about their current teams’ position.

Their flag is pretty cool. The amusing thing is that it was originally foreign players choosing to represent Albania (and considering Germany’s status in the in previous versions, they chose Albania.) Combined with the high newgen rating, and they were gold. The truth is, there is some credibility suggesting that if Albania had all their Albanian born players, they would be quite good. That said, I can’t imagine their domestic being good anytime soon, lol.

Well, to be fair, he did give them their first and only win (in a friendly against Lichtenstein) . Then again, if you were to give Mazza a statue, then what are you going to do when the Nations League kicks off? Where San Marino actually have a chance of winning matches? Then again, I almost have to wonder what is the lowest ranking nation that has a statue of a football figure?

You're correct about that! Scottish Cup runners up! Allowed them to play in Europe! Lost to Hearts in a penalty shootout. Not bad at all. They were in the 3rd tier at the time as well. Now that I think about it... what a final pairing. Two clubs that got heavily burnt by their massive spending.

Oh, that reminds me. Remember how we were talking about Kiribati, and their footballing record? I present to you the biggest enigma in Oceania Football, Micronesia: http://www.oceaniafootball.com/ofc/...9667-ce8497d22149/language/en-US/Default.aspx http://www.oceaniafootball.com/ofc/...94fb-1595c0622f7d/language/en-US/Default.aspx Before you fear the worst, don’t worry, they’re technically U23s, not full internationals.

Well, give that a shot and tell me how the Azkuls go. I suspect you might make it into the top 10 in Asia! That’s the thing, Canadians only care about hockey. Everything else is just fun. If I recall correctly, it’s actually the coaching structure that’s the problem. They have high participation rates, but due to poor coaching, well, the result’s right there. If it wasn’t for the fact that Canada automatically qualifies (because there’s only three teams in the North American Sub-Region, and with the other two being Mexico and the US… yeah), I would say they could struggle to qualify on their own. Wait… Carver spent time with Toronto?! Oh god. Actually, to be fair to Carver, I think the game was sunk long before he got there. When did he get there?

Well, only one way to find out… send them a friendly email! The question must be answered!

Yeah, I knew what the term meant, and I did feel it had something to do with the mix of cultures found in the Philippines. It does seem to be something the team wears with honour, and probably fitting since I suspect football is a minority sport in the Philippines anyway. Hey, Carabos can be a good nickname. Better than Colombia’s (The Coffee Growers (Just take a wild guess what the female team nickname is)) or South Africa’s (Boys Boys), or Honduras (The H. Just The H. Girls love the H, you know?). Mind you, if you were thinking it from a certain point of view, El Salvador’s takes the cake (Basically, the Chosen Ones). I would've said the eagle, but the basketball team has dibs on that. Then again, Azkals just works on every angle I suppose. It's not the most noble, but I suppose it's the most fitting.

Joel Griffiths is a Jet through and through! Panchaiki eh? Can’t say I’ve heard of them before. I had to have a small chuckle at Vichai’s vision in wanting to expand the club’s presence in Greece though. Perhaps the current economic climate may not make it the most viable or lucrative place to strengthen the club’s commercials!

Didn’t know that about EG either – there’s something new I’ve learnt for the day! I think I share the same soft spot for giving opportunities to players from smaller, less successful nations. Anything I can do to help them become the main men for their respective national sides in time. Definitely always interesting to hear of their exploits on international breaks…even if they are only getting regular game time for the U18s or reserve sides!

I think I might need to consider the extra league files play through at some point – maybe when the next FM comes out and make a FC of Newcastle club perhaps! Yeah, the Sports Interactive folks are crazy dedicated to their game and fans. The editor tool is so versatile and handy – I think you can even make your own country?

Good ol’ Farnborough Town! When I was getting some of my mates onto FM (we were all playing as Conference clubs), one of my friends (who was a big John Farnham fan at the time) almost decided to manage Farnborough as the name was quite similar. She ended up choosing Dag and Red as John was born in Dagenham I think. Haha wow! An actual Aussie Bournemouth fan with no affiliations to the club? I wonder why he chose them. Would be interesting to know why. Would be great to get that group together for a reunion. I’m sure the Bournemouth guy would be fairly excited for the new season.

I’d be interested in finding that out actually – I’m sure many smaller nations would have their own ‘heroes’ but how many would be honoured with statues?

That is a sad lesson for both Hearts and Rangers who seemingly paid the price for their heavy spending. If anyone is going to usurp Celtic at the head of the table, they’ll need to do it in a sustainable.

Oh I saw that! Micronesia…that kind of record makes American Samoa seem like Germany! Thank god our record remains intact! Something to remember fondly of our time in Oceania.

I think I have to now and see if we can become a powerhouse in the region! Hopefully we can also nurture some young talents as well to help flesh out the team. That actually is ironic that Canada suffer from poor coaching and yet Carver was manager of the Toronoto MLS side for just over a year (starting back in early 2008 IIRC), with a win rate of 30% (Mind you, that’s significantly better – double infact, than his 15% with us last season!).

If you want to have a bit of a laugh and don't mind some (a lot) of cursing, here's what True Geordie had to say following our 0-3 loss to your boys late in the season. Skip to 7.07 if you want to hear his thoughts on Carver (a nice mention of Toronto in there too).

I guess in perspective, Azkals is pretty cool. Has a certain fighting quality to it. Some of those other ones you listed certainly make Azkals seems a bit better haha!

Gus Poyet, I understand your desire to have an English owner, especially if said owner is from the city himself (And also a huge fan with a deep connection). But just like how there can be some bad foreign eggs mistreating the club, on the flip side you have Mike Ashley, longtime fan of Newcastle, or the Oyston family who were raised in Blackpool and have owned the club for many years. Or even Assam Allam, who moved to Hull at a very young age. While they have done some good (Hull reaching the top tier for the first time, and Blackpool breaking their hiatus), their clubs are not exactly run in a healthy state.

As much as there are bad foreign owners that want to make a quick buck or is treating their club as a hobby, not all English owners have their club's best interest at heart. Just one look of St James should tell you everything what Ashley thinks of that club, a supporter since he was a wee lad.

I'm glad that you think Tony Bloom is doing a good job. Perhaps you would like to share some tidbits as well?

They are your owners. They didnt grow up Leicester fans however.

You're their play thing. No need to get all antzy.

Funnily enough, Top's (the son) first ever Premier League game was a Leicester game. He really liked our colours (hey, we all have our reasons in choosing the teams we support) and that seed was planted.

It's more then just merely being a fan, it's about what they contribute to the community. I can safely say that the Srivaddhanaprabhas have made their mark in Leicester and Leicestershire, making generous donations to local charity causes. They have helped improved the club and have given Leicester something to be proud of. Just the last few games of the season should demonstrate why they have been great for us (helping fans create atmosphere for home games, providing support on away days, and best of all, shouting one for a season well done.)

If the owner(s) can connect with the community they ultimately represent and act in the club's best interests, they are good owners in my eyes.

It's relevant to people who are racist or xenophobic, you see

Actually it's relevant to the greed that has engulfed English football. Clubs like yours being part of the original greedy turds who set up the EPL as their elitist play ground.

Yes your team has been incredibly s**t at making the most of this greed, but that's a seperate issue.

The FFP only exists because of this system you helped create.

Actually it's relevant to the greed that has engulfed English football. Clubs like yours being part of the original greedy turds who set up the EPL as their elitist play ground.

Yes your team has been incredibly s**t at making the most of this greed, but that's a seperate issue.

The FFP only exist because of this system you helped create.

Does a day go by without you shaking your fist angrily about something?

grandpa-simpson.png

Gus Poyet, I understand your desire to have an English owner, especially if said owner is from the city himself (And also a huge fan with a deep connection). But just like how there can be some bad foreign eggs mistreating the club, on the flip side you have Mike Ashley, longtime fan of Newcastle, or the Oyston family who were raised in Blackpool and have owned the club for many years. Or even Assam Allam, who moved to Hull at a very young age. While they have done some good (Hull reaching the top tier for the first time, and Blackpool breaking their hiatus), their clubs are not exactly run in a healthy state.

As much as there are bad foreign owners that want to make a quick buck or is treating their club as a hobby, not all English owners have their club's best interest at heart. Just one look of St James should tell you everything what Ashley thinks of that club, a supporter since he was a wee lad.

I'm glad that you think Tony Bloom is doing a good job. Perhaps you would like to share some tidbits as well?

Naturally there are bad Britsh owners.

It's more the massive amounts of play money the foreigners have brought into the EPL that has created a system where now clubs are siply pried out of the market to be competitive. It's also seen more greed than ever creep into the league.

Bloom has spent more money on the academy in recent years than he has on players because that's our plan going forward.

Funnily enough, Top's (the son) first ever Premier League game was a Leicester game. He really liked our colours (hey, we all have our reasons in choosing the teams we support) and that seed was planted.

That does read a lot like son wants a play thing and daddy buys it for him.

It's more then just merely being a fan, it's about what they contribute to the community. I can safely say that the Srivaddhanaprabhas have made their mark in Leicester and Leicestershire, making generous donations to local charity causes. They have helped improved the club and have given Leicester something to be proud of. Just the last few games of the season should demonstrate why they have been great for us (helping fans create atmosphere for home games, providing support on away days, and best of all, shouting one for a season well done.)

If the owner(s) can connect with the community they ultimately represent and act in the club's best interests, they are good owners in my eyes.

Fair play to them. However they are still part of the system that has clubs getting into financial trouble just to be able to compete.

Does a day go by without you shaking your fist angrily about something?

grandpa-simpson.png

Every day.

You must be the anrgy person as you're the one reading emotion into words on a screen.

Every day.

You must be the anrgy person as you're the one reading emotion into words on a screen.

Nah I'm calm, like a zen master

I would've thought if you type thousands upon thousands of words whinging about how foreign owners and their money's ruining the game, you'd be the one having major obsession or grievances about it, but hey no emotions in words, right

It is very amusing though

Yeah and you're doing so well in the Championship.

Nothing wrong with foreign owners as long as they have the club's best interests at heart.

They're not doing terribly? Bit of a callous remark.

I would take Brighton over Newcastle any day.

Nah I'm calm, like a zen master

I would've thought if you type thousands upon thousands of words whinging about how foreign owners and their money's ruining the game, you'd be the one having major obsession or grievances about it, but hey no emotions in words, right

It is very amusing though

How old are you and where are you from if I may ask?

Just trying to work out if you were alive before the EPL existed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a side note our owners are a bad combination of the both. Have been in the area for 50 years so are basically Hull born and bred - in fact I think Ehab was born in Hull - but have the callous detachment of non-football fans.

I think instead of going on about having owners who are locals, having owners who are supporters of the club is what is important.

The FFP only exists because of this system you helped create.

Serious question: what will you do if, one day, Brighton reach the Premier League?

How old are you and where are you from if I may ask?

Just trying to work out if you were alive before the EPL existed.

I am 3

I can tell you're at least 60 years older though seeing as you are still somehow yearning of the days of decades past when things were so much better then
Serious question: what will you do if, one day, Brighton reach the Premier League?

The guy said he'd rather his team not get relegated than ever winning a trophy like the FA cup, coz of money. Think he's fine with his team never reaching anywhere.

Preaching and lamenting about the greed of the game ruined apparently by foreign owners yet somehow would turn down a trophy just so his team gets more money by staying up, yep that's what a football supporter should be like, ladies and gentlemen!

I hope we don't. The mystique of Division One died long ago when the elitist greed took over.

Stuffed if I want my club entering into some arms race to try and survive in a league we'll never win.

Preaching and lamenting about the greed of the game ruined apparently by foreign owners yet somehow would turn down a trophy just so his team gets more money by staying up, yep that's what a football supporter should be like, ladies and gentlemen!

Unlike you we have a history of where by our club nearly ceased to exist. You can't understand what that is like as you chose to pick a team who no matter how much debt they rack up some Daddy Warbucks can come in and make you his play thing. So yes, I have a far greater comprehension of how greed can destroy clubs.

I'm simply grateful to be able to follow my team, I'd rather we played in League 2 and be financially secure than be under any pressure to compete in a league we'll never win.

Peter Swales was a local, and a fan. Franny Lee was local-ish, an ex player and still a fan today. John Wardle was a local and a fan.

Nah, I'll stick with what they do, not where they're born.

I am 3

I can tell you're at least 60 years older though seeing as you are still somehow yearning of the days of decades past when things were so much better then

The guy said he'd rather his team not get relegated than ever winning a trophy like the FA cup, coz of money. Think he's fine with his team never reaching anywhere.

Are you talking about Jatz there? Serious question because that's precisely what Jatz said earlier this season.

Why? I'm not following Leicester for glory but I prefer them in the PL rather than the Championship.

Where do you wish Hull were this upcoming season?

I wish they had owners who actively cared about the club. Beyond that I want them to strive to be the best they can be.

Unlike you we have a history of where by our club nearly ceased to exist. You can't understand what that is like as you chose to pick a team who no matter how much debt they rack up some Daddy Warbucks can come in and make you his play thing. So yes, I have a far greater comprehension of how greed can destroy clubs.

I'm simply grateful to be able to follow my team, I'd rather we played in League 2 and be financially secure than be under any pressure to compete in a league we'll never win.

The snide holier-than-thou bs aside

Our club was literally a bee's dick from administration and was nearly bled dry by some owners at the time, not comparing but I know I know you're gonna say good riddance we've been through worse or something so that justifies you acting like a gigantic butthole but do go on

Ask Birmingham or Wigan fans whether they'd rather just surviving than watch their team won the trophies that they won the last few years, you'll get only one answer and it ain't your version. If you have a choice to pick between that or just, ya know, surviving, and you choose the latter, then really you must hate Christmas as well

Btw, foreigners or their "playthings" have nothing to do with the way a club's run, we had English owners with Underwood decades ago, they pumped out the cash that you hate so much, it ain't foreigners, it's reality. Money talks. Man Utd became a PLC and floated their stocks on the market back in 1990 and they made tons from that and it's set their club up ever since. They didn't have foreign owners at the time. It was the smart thing to do and it made them loads of cash

The whole "foreign owners" thing just makes you look really reeeeeally xenophobic at best and racist at worst. You should stop yelling at every random thing, come down to the real world and learn how capitalism works

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back