Review PAFC 2024 Internal Trial @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if it was by design, but don't think Georgiades tried to go for any big leaping leading marks that he usually went for and instead just roamed around half forward/wing to be a marking option.

Thought he did it well, reminded me of what Tredrea used to do. Maybe he studied the game while being out.
Goldsack said on 5aa prior to the internal that this would be the case until he regained confidence in his knee again. Generally this is the case when a player comes back from a major injury like his. Mentioned that he had plenty of time to do those kinds of things.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Has a highlights package.

Couldn't handle living in Sydney by accounts.
If he's in the sanfl for us it's a pretty good get.

That highlights package shows he definitely has pace and skills, his lack of size could be a problem at SANFL level though ( I'm guessing low 50 kegs), which may be why he ended up at the Goodwood Saints and not somewhere like Norwood, Glenelg or Sturt, and he will be under a lot more physical pressure in the SANFL than in the Darwin comp where defenders tend to give their opponents a lot more space than they would ever get here.

Nothing ventured nothing gained as the old saying goes, so here's hoping he will be a good pick up for the Maggies.

Assistant coach of the women’s team

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I know that, interesting to see him working with the men's team too.

Well we don’t have a very great coaching panel so the more the merrier I guess.

Was talking with REH about this at the game, handy little soft cap dodge for all clubs to have extra eyes from the AFLW team with different perspectives watching on. If the AFL asks call it learning/training for the W assistants.

Marshall first forward picked in the team, then daylight.
That's how I saw it. Still a big weakness in the team but an in form Findlayson will help a lot. Soldo resting there is also an option & he's definitely improved the team.
Bit disappointed with the overall marking prowess of our talls. Visentini got 2 hands to numerous attempts then dropped them. Sweet needs to improve in this area too. Lord didn't show much today. Dixon is not the present, think he will be injured a fair bit of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's how I saw it. Still a big weakness in the team but an in form Findlayson will help a lot. Soldo resting there is also an option & he's definitely improved the team.
Bit disappointed with the overall marking prowess of our talls. Visentini got 2 hands to numerous attempts then dropped them. Sweet needs to improve in this area too. Lord didn't show much today. Dixon is not the present, think he will be injured a fair bit of the year.
Dixon injured is a given. Means nothing as to whether he still gets a game.

I don't mind Carr playing the waiting game with Hinkley.

If he went to Richmond he would be the coach that killed their winning run as they return to 1980's to 2010 Richmond again.

I agree that the standard of play was better than previous internal trials and I put this down to far less ball ups because as soon as scrimmage started a player in the scrum was able to get that ball away and into the path of a lurking player, either black or white! Pick out the correct colour and we are laughing!
No, really I was impressed with the play and the new and improved Alberton Oval.
Get that bowling club developed and Alberton will be the best suburban oval around Adelaide by the length of the Morphettville straight. It really was that before the latest development by the way.

Good standard last night. What was evident before a ball was kicked is we ain’t a small side anymore.
What was also good to see is we looked really well drilled down back. Few times the ball got turned over but our backs were quick to read the play, drop back and fill up the space.
Hate this time of year get my hopes up again!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back