Toast 2024 PAFC Hall of Fame & Season Launch

Remove this Banner Ad

If I've got it right missing are

Dimma, Wilbur, Monty, Adam Kingsley, Roger James, and Stui Dew.

1707999078021.png

Kym Kretschmer was hilarious ... so quiet in his interview and hardly says a boo, then comes out looking like a bum for the final photo of all the inductees! No jacket, with his shirt-tails out, and proceeds to stand in front of everyone ... what a hoot!

Pissed as 10 men after that game.

I wish I were. I didn't even get to watch the game until a VHS copy was sent to me on station in Iraq. Would have been about 2 months until I got to watch it. I didn't even get to listen as I was on operation. Now 20 years later I have still never watched us win an AFL GF live : (

I'm not sure if Dew has ever returned to the club or acknowledged his PAFC days post 'retirement'.
He was the only player to miss the 10 year reunion as he was overseas at the time.

Maybe we have to get Travis Head to talk him back for the official reunion, seeing as Travis invited him to training during the Ashes, mid last year when the Gold Coast axed Stui.

I wish I were. I didn't even get to watch the game until a VHS copy was sent to me on station in Iraq. Would have been about 2 months until I got to watch it. I didn't even get to listen as I was on operation. Now 20 years later I have still never watched us win an AFL GF live : (
I was almost at the polar opposite - Was on holiday in Bangkok on a milestone birthday went into a sports bar in Bangkok and ran into some other Port supporters from Ingle Farm. It was big.

I was almost at the polar opposite - Was on holiday in Bangkok on a milestone birthday went into a sports bar in Bangkok and ran into some other Port supporters from Ingle Farm. It was big.
I was given a ticket at the last minute, my brother and I did a last minute drive over, sat amidst all of the Brisbane Sponsors in the now Warne stand, went to the Richmond oval after party afterwards.

The strange thing is I didn't feel elation from that premiership, I felt relief, and kept telling myself I'd let loose for the next one.
How naive I was.
A bloody generation ago.

Just watched Choco's words, good to see Mattress recognised also.
We are not Chokers, we are winners.

It's well past time for another one, and if you are too scared to front up, walk away and let those with courage take over.

Last edited:
Loved Browny, always a star
The way he was telling those stories then looking up with a smile on his face, all I could picture would be him sitting at a front bar with a beer with a mate, and the two of them telling old football stories for hours on end. Very much got that vibe and it was magnificent.

Lucky he didn't win a prize at The Game Awards though, he wouldn't have got more than one sentence out.

1708039952124.png

-----------------------

:heavycheck: Nice updates to the OP RossFC

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats why I bought one!
Hopefully if it sells out rather than being put on discount at the end of year they realise that people want minimal teal in Port merchandise

You make a very good point sir, when I go down to the club to check out that football I'll be buying a few.

Do they think most just watch the clips the next day so they half ass the stream?

I didn't watch last night because I was out, but after reading the comments here I wanted to go see Peter Burgoyne's speech.

Doesn't appear that the club has clipped up the speeches yet.

Though maybe Jordy is under instruction to keep the 'H&A season is meaningless unless you win in the finals' message from getting out to the masses, lest more members expect actual premierships rather than just good vibes.

1707999078021-png.1906213

It was a split second in time and I'm taking it right out of context.

:spades: Every magpie player holding it up like "I need to find a spot for this next to all the premiership photos of the last ten years"
:spades: Chadbro holding it up like he won the Olympics
:clubs: Kanebro holding it down like, was I really here - seems a long time ago
:spades: Josh thinking - ok this is the first - wait until they get a load of me - let me get a snap of success
:spades: Choco thinking - yeh I just want a photo with all my boys
:spades: Dom holding it like he won cross lotto

All unfair commentary of course - someone told the back row to drop them out of shot, both chadbro and kanebro were clearly not listening

(Please don't take any of that seriously)

If I was sitting at one of those tables covered in teal blue light, ok I get the reason why they used it, but yeh nah.
Save the teal for 11 year coaches with no premierships.
Marx - 10 years - 6 premierships.

What a comparison.

Last edited:
I didn't watch last night because I was out, but after reading the comments here I wanted to go see Peter Burgoyne's speech.

Doesn't appear that the club has clipped up the speeches yet.

Though maybe Jordy is under instruction to keep the 'H&A season is meaningless unless you win in the finals' message from getting out to the masses, lest more members expect actual premierships rather than just good vibes.

It's on the port app under ptv

I didn't even get an email about it offering the chance to buy a ticket. Doing a search of my emails the only one relating to tonight was at 5.16pm telling it would be streamed.
It would have landed in your inbox on the 3rd of Feb probably early afternoon if you're in SA

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 12.11.47 pm.png
    Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 12.11.47 pm.png
    289.9 KB · Views: 32

Remove this Banner Ad

Back