Toast 2023 PAFC Hall of Fame and Season Launch

Remove this Banner Ad

Our tall backs have been the weakest link for us for many years. Our 'strength' at times in recent years has been midfield pressure and pushing back to outnumber. When our mids are off you know we're done because Allir can't cover the better teams talls all by himself.

Playing a s**t defensive team game plan and not conceding much is not the same as a strong defence.
All correct. And it is the oldest adage in football that great defenses win flags. We've had ample years to recruit a decent gorilla back, or at least a decent tall one.

FpoBH_-aYAcsP_u

Whether afl or sanfl level, Roger was the best kick of a football i’ve seen in my life. Phenomenal skills. Insanely good defender. My 2nd favourite player ever. Deserved to be in the HoF ages ago.

Rohan as well, what a joy to watch, kicked some amazing goals on the run and was always consistent.
I remember in 1992 Roger Delaney time after time would find Nathan Buckley on the centre wing with a 50 metre dart who would then find another teammate with a 50 metre dart or just kick another goal, 2 of the best kicks ever to pull on the prison bars.

Congratulations to all those elevated to the PAFC Hall of Fame.

Good to see the 1990-1996 Board recognised for their outstanding efforts in getting our Club into the AFL. I knew most of those blokes not because I was anyone of importance but because those were the days when we elected our Board and we were able to have a beer with most of them after a game at Alberton. Those were also the days of Member information meetings when the members got to hear about the state of play straight from the mouths of Brian Cunningham and Greg Boulton.

The period between our first AFL bid and our eventual success was one of vitriolic hatred toward the PAFC and what that group did to turn that hatred into begrudging support from eight SANFL clubs was nothing short of miraculous. I can assure those of us who think there is an anti Port bias in the SANFL these days that it pales to insignificance when compared to the anti Port feelings of the 1990s. To win the bid in the face of a tsunami of anti Port sentiment was an outstanding achievement which, because of this award, will never be forgotten.

Well done to the current Board for recognising the efforts their predecessors.

Last edited:
Some great players there from the past . Great to see they’re still connected to the club .

Except Abba. He clearly didn't get the dress code memo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back