Roast PAFC in house content production

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Our social media and in-house production team seem to be so poor at producing actual content that members might want to watch.

The 2 most recent examples being the HOF acceptance speeches (esp Peter Burgoyne) and highlights from the intra club.

These kinds of videos could be made by a Philipino VA for a pittance in a couple of hours.

How hard can it be to produce content that actually engages members and fans.

The ROI would be massive.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Minimum. Viable. Product.

It’s no longer about being the best. It’s about doing the least amount possible without impacting revenue.

Lol they can't even get their hiring right for key positions like CEO, footy manager and coach, what chance do you think there is that they've got the best people for a job like this.

They'd all be hired for being pretty and/or someone's friend or family member and would perform accordingly.

The HOF speechess are on the club website

The intra club was actually well produced. They even had instant replays. Theyll probably upload it on a weekday
Last I checked the Chad intro was on the website but not the speech.

Glad it is there now.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nit picking but Erin Phillips, Jasmin Duursma and the a few others are still showing as AFLW players for Port Adelaide.

It’s no longer about being the best. It’s about doing the least amount possible without impacting revenue.
I think here lay the issue, the IT department probably have it set out their contact hours are Monday-Friday 9-5 outside of the season. But here is the issue, you’re working in one of the biggest companies in Australia at a club that should be the leaders of fan/member engagement, do a Friday night and Saturday morning gig - don’t come in Monday or Tuesday… seems to me the ‘good nature’ employer we may have once been is now driven by corporates who lack flexibility or an understanding on how to deliver what the key stake holders require…

Nit picking but Erin Phillips, Jasmin Duursma and the a few others are still showing as AFLW players for Port Adelaide.
Had a quick look and Montana McKinnon is still on the Crows page even though she got traded to Richmond, neither clubs draftees are on there either. Doubt many/any of the clubs care this far out from the AFLW season, or it's done by the AFL itself, or relies on the official photo day happening. I reckon the mens lists take a while to update properly too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think here lay the issue, the IT department probably have it set out their contact hours are Monday-Friday 9-5 outside of the season. But here is the issue, you’re working in one of the biggest companies in Australia at a club that should be the leaders of fan/member engagement, do a Friday night and Saturday morning gig - don’t come in Monday or Tuesday… seems to me the ‘good nature’ employer we may have once been is now driven by corporates who lack flexibility or an understanding on how to deliver what the key stake holders require…
...... and speaking of "lack of understanding".......... There's likely an internal media and comms team who manage this, with maybe some outsourced production resources. I imagine there would be a level of on-call coverage for at least the comms stuff, and the production work would be pre-prepared and planned where possible, probably with some ad hoc work. Any IT teams would be irrelevant.

Actually, looking at LinkedIn we have an in-house team:
1708311124001.png 1708311142385.png 1708311164544.png 1708311187613.png 1708311244161.png 1708311257909.png 1708311304148.png 1708311352395.png
1708311377700.png 1708311410524.png

Ports or otherwise, no footy club stuff is ever gonna be much more than meh because:

1. Unwilling to pay for talent (or can't afford it)
2. Unfulfilling corporate gig

That's why they're always looking for "Content Creators" (farkoff, lol) and "Videographers" (farkoff X2, lol) who can write, shoot, cut, design, whatever.

SPOILER: THEY CAN'T

They're wildly different disciplines, full-on roles in their own right. So you end up with Jack & Jills-Of-All-Trades who can do a bit of this and a bit of that. Hell, they might even be awesome in their speciality. But not everything. Hell no.

And yeah, the stuff the club puts out - essentially corporate videos - prolly won't appeal to a lot of ppl. Maybe if it's a reliable casual or freelance gig. Full-time would be Yatala farken, lmao...

...... and speaking of "lack of understanding".......... There's likely an internal media and comms team who manage this, with maybe some outsourced production resources. I imagine there would be a level of on-call coverage for at least the comms stuff, and the production work would be pre-prepared and planned where possible, probably with some ad hoc work. Any IT teams would be irrelevant.

View attachment 1908483View attachment 1908484View attachment 1908485View attachment 1908486View attachment 1908488View attachment 1908490View attachment 1908491View attachment 1908493
View attachment 1908494View attachment 1908495
This is next level bigfooty nuffie

Lol they can't even get their hiring right for key positions like CEO, footy manager and coach, what chance do you think there is that they've got the best people for a job like this.

They'd all be hired for being pretty and/or someone's friend or family member and would perform accordingly.
We don't pay enough to have the best people anyway.

There are three, maybe four people there who look remotely competent and qualified. The rest look exactly like the type of people you would expect to be in charge of our 'bibs so hype' content and 'Ken is a father figure' messaging.
Nailed it!

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

So the club is really being Agile :rolleyes:

The commentary by Norts and Walsh was laughable at times. Going on about not knowing why Drew was wearing a pink cap despite it being on the club website for days and then going on about Rozee wearing the #1 and how it was an over 100 year tradition completely ignoring the fact that Daddy Donuts shat on that tradition in 2019.

Last edited:

View attachment 1908483View attachment 1908484View attachment 1908485View attachment 1908486View attachment 1908488View attachment 1908490View attachment 1908491View attachment 1908493
View attachment 1908494View attachment 1908495
Sean Anderson looks the most intelligent of the lot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back