Roast PAFC in house content production

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember the “This Means More” Liverpool plagiarism?

Lol.

If it’s well done, I don’t mind. Really. I don’t have an issue at all.

Recognizing what is good and making it your own, it is a skill. There’s no need to be original all the time.

Still, it needs to be well done — meaning that, in your version, your identity should be clear. After all, you are not that which you are copying.

I do not remember if that was the case, though.

We don't pay enough to have the best people anyway.

Yes. But sports are a different industry. People actually care.

We should have very talented supporters interested in either supervising (specially big names) or producing content for the club. We could reach them and bring them in.

It doesn’t need to be free work. However, we wouldn’t need to pay market value for it.

This thread is unfair. Taking screenshots of peoples LinkedIn and assuming they're responsible? Poor form in my opinion.

We've all had jobs and roles where we do our best but don't have the right materials, budget, autonomy or direction to do it well...

Maybe some of them could do better, but even then the blame should be placed at the management and leadership of the club, not the poor bastards at the coal face.

Taking screenshots of peoples LinkedIn and assuming they're responsible? Poor form in my opinion.

I believe the guy who did that was attempting to defend the club/whoever/whatever from a position of semantics lol

Xavier Duursma is Mr September in the 2024 Port Adelaide calendar

Cameron Sutcliffe and Anthony Wilson still listed as SANFL players on the website.

Luke Surman stayed on there for about 18 months after departing the club for Norwood mid-2022 as well.

Who cares right, such a small thing? Well if it's so small, it should be easy to get right.

So the club is really being Agile :rolleyes:

The commentary by Norts and Walsh was laughable at times. Going on about not knowing why Drew was wearing a pink cap despite it being on the club website for days and then going on about Rozee wearing the #1 and how it was an over 100 year tradition completely ignoring the fact that Daddy Donuts shat on that tradition in 2019.
It was possibly the worst commentary I have heard, and that includes the absolute shitshow that is AFL commentators these days.

Calendar that is produced under AFL licence, and on sale prior to October 2023 can't predict the future.

Oh noes, PoRt AdElAiDe So UnPrOfEsSiOnAl

Yeah, it happens every year with every club.

People must still buy them in numbers worthy of justifying such silliness.

Yeah, it happens every year with every club.

People must still buy them in numbers worthy of justifying such silliness.
Its complete BS. How hard is it to line up production and marketing of calendars to wait until say 20th of October when trade week is done and dusted, to hit the go button and have 15 players lined up, ie 3 in reserve if one, two or three of the top twelve is traded out??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its complete BS. How hard is it to line up production and marketing of calendars to wait until say 20th of October when trade week is done and dusted, to hit the go button and have 15 players lined up, ie 3 in reserve if one, two or three of the top twelve is traded out??
Just wait until midseason trading comes in.

Could have a current player as your current month one week and the next week they're playing for North.

Every clubs calendars are gonna be a real shambles.

Why not using past players and famous matches? Even GC have those by now.

We've all had jobs and roles where we do our best but don't have the right materials, budget, autonomy or direction to do it well...

If autonomy and/or direction is the problem, two of the individuals you are defending are not up to the task.

If material is the problem, most, if not all of the other individuals you are defending are not up to the task.

Budget is not the problem.

As a graphic designer, you don't need a budget to tell you that 'lcoemwe' is unreadable and shouldn't be published.

As a video producer, you don't need a budget to tell you vertically-cropped videos blasting terrible music are unwatchable.

As a social media manager, you don't need a budget to tell you that posts like 'bibs so hype' are embarrassing drivel.

They are simply not very good.

Last edited:
If autonomy and/or direction is the problem, two of the individuals you are defending are not up to the task.

If material is the problem, most, if not all of the other individuals you are defending are not up to the task.

Budget is not the problem.

As a graphic designer, you don't need a budget to tell you that 'lcoemwe' is unreadable and shouldn't be published.

As a video producer, you don't need a budget to tell you vertically-cropped videos blasting terrible music are unwatchable.

As a social media manager, you don't need a budget to tell you that posts like 'bibs so hype' are embarrassing drivel.

They are simply not very good.
Nah, I just fundamentally disagree.

Most of the above can be solved with better leadership, management, time and/or money. Whether that's related to learning and development, recruitment, resourcing, quality control, better tools ... whatever.

If they're in leadership roles (I couldn't tell from the LinkedIn images) then have at em.

The vertical videos that get posted are Youtube shorts, and I guess they repost them on tiktok and instagram. Yeah they are rubbish but thats what gets the most reach.

My guess is we are years behind every other club in putting this sort of stuff out, even though we have a so called expert on our board. I wonder what our tik tokky follow count is like compared to other clubs.

Remember the “This Means More” Liverpool plagiarism?

Lol.

With reference to Liverpool FC I once had an argument with a scouser who thought Gerry Marsden wrote You'll Never walk Alone as a tribute to Liverpool FC. I could not convince him that Richard Rogers and Oscar Hammerstein II had something to do with it. It is also absolutely true that Gerry and the Pacemakers were originally known as Gerry and the Mars Bars. I suspect they had to change the name because of copyright infringement.

Back to the PAFC and I would settle for someone keeping the Club website up to date. I am sure if I looked in the Injury List I would still see Charlie Dixon 2 weeks up there.

Nope I am wrong again the current list is...

Sad news about young Hugh Jackson as he showed a bit of promise last year and I was looking forward to see him progress a bit more.

Calendars for the next year go on sale in September. Most Calendars actually include Sept-Dec in the current year.

Was a time when imho the Port online content was in front of everyone else. Those little vignettes on players and moments were brilliantly produced - the sound, vision and script were all spot on. Coincided with the 2013/14 revival of the Club's fortunes on and off field iirc.

I have NFI but it seems to me that maybe the covid shut down and lay-offs took the guts out of the team that was responsible for that excellence and the management haven't realised how important quality of content as opposed to quantity is.

This flows through to the crap they're selling at the Port store as well. WTF is responsible for that garbage? Many of us have a $50 voucher for 2024 membership in our pockets but are left wondering what to do with it.

How we market ourselves to the world matters, not just in revenue terms but in how we bind as a membership/supporter group and I daresay it matters to the players as well.

Spend some serious $$ to get someone with some real design and creative flair to make this a focus of our club - a consistency in the base design, colours and focus would be a good start then work on some core stuff that everyone would feel proud to wear - instead of this vomit inducing monstrosity:

1708598004912.png

Spent a few years in the US and Canada a decade ago and the colleges there have really got the athletic marketing stuff right. Even the smaller ones. It's a focal point of marketing their colleges to the US and the world. Maybe we should get someone from there on a secondment/scholarship to help us out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back