Toast 2024 PAFC Hall of Fame & Season Launch

Remove this Banner Ad

It would have landed in your inbox on the 3rd of Feb probably early afternoon if you're in SA
Nope, I didn't get it.

2nd Feb got an email about the Community programs.
2nd Feb email about Ultimate Sports Weekend offer to buy a hospitality package for $195 to go with LIV golf weekend.
5th Feb email giving heads up about buying a ticket for Dockers trial game, just have to pay Ticketek fee, goes on sale on 6th.
6th Feb link to Ticketek with my barcode for Dockers game.

Great to see my late mate Marx Kretschmer recognised. Kretchy was a gentle giant, a great bloke and a fierce competitor. Rather ironic as I was thinking of Kretchy last week with the passing of former Norwood player Glen McMahon who Kretchy regarded as the hardest opponent he ever stood.

Well done Kretchy, remembered forever.

Can understand Dimma, Monty and Kingsley not being there, and to a lesser extent James and Dew, but Wilbur is as PAFC as you can get, so I wonder why he wasn't there.

View attachment 1906462
He was part of the covid cuts just after 2020 season was put on ice.

Don't know if he felt that was unfair and there has been any fall out, or he had something else on and couldn't make it.

I was surprised Roger James wasn't there.

Last August before a game at AO, he was a club guest at the the Club 1870 event and I had a chat to him, bit about footy but more about apples and pears as my dad had an orchard not far from his family property, in the 1990's. He said he gets to a few events the club gives him an invite to.

Last edited:
He was part of the covid cuts just after 2020 season was put on ice.

Don't know if he felt that was unfair and there has been any fall out, or he had something else on and couldn't make it.

I was surprised Roger James wasn't there.

Last August before a game at AO, he was a club guest at the the Club 1870 event and I had a chat to him, bit about footy but more about apples and pears as my dad had an orchard not far from his family property, in the 1990's. He said he gets to a few events the club gives him an invite to.
Pretty sure Brogan got nuked as Ruck Coach during the COVID cuts as well? And he was there, so hopefully there’s nothing sinister or untoward in Wilbur’s absence.

But it would be “so” this administration to ostracise and fall out with a heart and soul SANFL & AFL premiership player like Michael Wilson. I know he and his family like to get out on the road travelling, so hopefully it’s something like that.

Can understand Dimma, Monty and Kingsley not being there, and to a lesser extent James and Dew, but Wilbur is as PAFC as you can get, so I wonder why he wasn't there.

View attachment 1906462
I am pretty sure it was Timmy G or Tredders on 5AA mentioned at the time Wilbur was treated pretty disrespectfully by the club when they flicked him I think he was a runner/physio for the Magpies at the time.

I am pretty sure it was Timmy G or Tredders on 5AA mentioned at the time Wilbur was treated pretty disrespectfully by the club when they flicked him I think he was a runner/physio for the Magpies at the time.
The irony, when the inverse should have happened.

Can I vote him in as the second member elected board member yet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope, I didn't get it.

2nd Feb got an email about the Community programs.
2nd Feb email about Ultimate Sports Weekend offer to buy a hospitality package for $195 to go with LIV golf weekend.
5th Feb email giving heads up about buying a ticket for Dockers trial game, just have to pay Ticketek fee, goes on sale on 6th.
6th Feb link to Ticketek with my barcode for Dockers game.
Sounds like you might be flagged under White Noise in the membership database REH.

View attachment 1906462
Brendan Lade played 234 Games in 12 seasons and Peter Burgoyne played 240 games over 13 seasons but Wilbur played 192 games over 11 seasons, Stuart Dew played 206 but only 180 of those were for Port while Roger James played 147 over nine seasons. Perhaps there was a 200 game qualification?

The twist in this is that if it were not for Roger James' first quarter against St Kilda in the Prelim Port would not have made the 2004 Grand Final and there would have been no Premiership side to honour. Roger's first quarter was phenomenal and I can only rank Scott Hodges' final quarter in the 1994 Grand Final along side it. Roger James should be in the Hall of Fame on that performance alone.

It took Kretchy 64 years to be recognized so Wilbur probably has time on his side. Hopefully, unlike Kretchy, Wilbur will not have passed away in the meantime.

Brendan Lade played 234 Games in 12 seasons and Peter Burgoyne played 240 games over 13 seasons but Wilbur played 192 games over 11 seasons, Stuart Dew played 206 but only 180 of those were for Port while Roger James played 147 over nine seasons. Perhaps there was a 200 game qualification?

The twist in this is that if it were not for Roger James' first quarter against St Kilda in the Prelim Port would not have made the 2004 Grand Final and there would have been no Premiership side to honour. Roger's first quarter was phenomenal and I can only rank Scott Hodges' final quarter in the 1994 Grand Final along side it. Roger James should be in the Hall of Fame on that performance alone.

It took Kretchy 64 years to be recognized so Wilbur probably has time on his side. Hopefully, unlike Kretchy, Wilbur will not have passed away in the meantime.

I wasn't talking about the HoF - I was wondering why Michael Wilson didn't attend the function.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back