Opinion Best PAFC mark ever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Inspired by a thread on the main board I thought this might ne a fun (and lighter) off season discussion.

For me it is the Harold Oliver mark in 1914. Despite limited pics it is clearly a screamer from such a great player and so iconic.

Other challengers from my memory are Wingard against St Kilda and Shulz in the goal square (others will remember the exact games).

I feel like there would be a few fron Clive Waterhouse in his Maggies days too but nothing that immediately springs to mind.

Probably a few from Russell as well but that was before my time.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

A few from the AFL era here. Outside the obvious entrants, t shirt Tommy Logan's effort, Ebert back with the flight and Sam Gray on the goal line deserve to be better remembered.

Mark Williams is probably the best Mark in PAFC history

2mlb81b9eii61.gif

Either of the two that I saw live: Right. In front. Of me..

Schulz vs Demons 2013.
Chad vs Saints 2014.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few from the AFL era here. Outside the obvious entrants, t shirt Tommy Logan's effort, Ebert back with the flight and Sam Gray on the goal line deserve to be better remembered.

The Sam Gray one was truly unique, went for a speccy and then dived backwards off of his opponent's back to take the mark. The closest thing to Gary Moorcroft over Brad Johnson since Gary Moorcroft over Brad Johnson itself.

I got to see four great marks live in my lifetime... and I think the one that wowed me the most and still wows me because of how high he got and the uniqueness of it was Jay Schulz at the G in 2013.

Chad Wingard also ALMOST took a better mark in the same match, but the ball bounced off his shoulder instead.

And I was right in front of Wingard when he took his mark of the year, that s**t was nuts too.

Mitch Georgiades' mark of the year was great, but not as good as the other two, was down the other end for that one though.

Also got to see Liam Jurrah's mark of the year which was unbelievable, but it was against us not for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back