Preview Partial Alignment in VFL to end in 2016.

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just found this article on the Werribee website in regards to our alignment with them in the future.

In 2015 we will continue to be partially aligned with Nth Ballarat and Werribee but once 2016 rolls around we are committed to only being aligned to Werribee for at least two seasons (2016-2017)

http://www.werribeefc.com.au/component/k2/item/387-werribee-and-north-melbourne-s-futureirection

The Werribee Football Club is pleased to announce that its relationship with the North Melbourne Football Club will extend beyond the current agreement, which finishes at the end of the 2015 season. The current agreement is a partial alignment, which sees half of the North Melbourne playing list at Werribee, and half at North Ballarat.
In a mutual decision announced today, Werribee will become a fully aligned partner to North M

A few interesting things come of this:

I think its safe to assume we have pulled out of all things Nth Ballarat due to the Bulldogs getting the region gifted to them by the AFL.

There are no immediate plans for the club to have its own stand alone VFL side within the next few years anyway.

Pleased with this.

A few interesting things come of this:

I think its safe to assume we have pulled out of all things Nth Ballarat due to the Bulldogs getting the region gifted to them by the AFL.

There are no immediate plans for the club to have its own stand alone VFL side within the next few years anyway.

It's not safe to assume either of those things. The second point is perhaps more probable, but the first point is incorrect to my knowledge.

We really got booted out of Ballarat didn't we.

Not on the basis of this information, no.

However the Dogs had Ballarat handed to them, the fact is it's theirs now and, as such, I'm glad we're getting out of Dodge. F*** it! I also look forward to seeing us fielding a VFL side loaded with North players for the first time in years.

Happy we will have one team and our kids can play together. Wish the games were at Arden St though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems a completely brainless decision by the AFL. They show a hell of a lot of disrespect to these marginal markets by chopping and changing the alignments not to mention more wasted years of work by NMFC.

How long before they ask why cant we develop a market like Hawthorn in Launceston? and back it up by removing us from Hobart in favour of a stand alone Tassie side.

Campaigners!

Good move. Sounds like we now will have a lot more say in how the VFL team lines up, trains, game plans etc etc. Barring a bad run of injuries in 2016 I believe Werribee will win VFL premiership.

Last edited:
I really dnt care about Ballarat or Werribee and cant wait till we field our own VFL Team again,i think its better for the players development...

It might sound petty but I really hope Ballarat struggle for the next decade or so. It seemed like a pretty cut throught decision to drop North and take up the Doggies. So I sincerley hope that in the next few years that those in charge of the region who had the final say get to sit back over the next few years and regret their decision. I can also see this being like the final year of the Gold Coast contract.

From a North perspective I think this is great when we wen the developing stage it was better to have to multiple teams so that multiple players can play in the same position. Now consider were we are at it makes a lot of sense to have one team.

I think the Wyndham region is a far better development region than Ballarat, the only perk of Ballarat was the hope of playing games there but we can't realistically play games there and at Hobart.

Both should realistically be short-term prospects, if in 10 years time clubs can't get 40k+ to a clean Docklands then the clubs have bigger issues.

At least now all our players will be playing for the one Vfl club. As for Nth Ballarat> good luck because you're going to need it, seeing as the Bulldogs have their own Vfl team and wont be asssisting in the "top up" of Afl players from their team. Just remember that it's Labor who will help the club in their development of the ground and facilities so l hope Liberal get back in....

It seems a completely brainless decision by the AFL. They show a hell of a lot of disrespect to these marginal markets by chopping and changing the alignments not to mention more wasted years of work by NMFC.

How long before they ask why cant we develop a market like Hawthorn in Launceston? and back it up by removing us from Hobart in favour of a stand alone Tassie side.

Campaigners!
was actually the City of ballarat that decided to change to us

Remove this Banner Ad

Back