Patersons Stadium (Subiaco Oval) - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks to me being apart of a program which allows me to take people with cerebral palsy to footy games, I'm going to the derby on sunday :)

Does anyone know where the wheelchair seats are at subi? Not that it really matters but I would like to know what kind of view I'll be getting.

Thanks to me being apart of a program which allows me to take people with cerebral palsy to footy games, I'm going to the derby on sunday :)

Does anyone know where the wheelchair seats are at subi? Not that it really matters but I would like to know what kind of view I'll be getting.

They're all at the back of certain blocks, mainly on the first level. The view is pretty good - at least as far as Subi oval goes. The bulk are out of the sun as well, I haven't seen too many that aren't on the camera side.

I remember the early days of being at Subi for the eagles.. think I was 8 when I first went, so 1988. Remember the big signs behind where the NAB stand is now (was bench seat & standing from memory) and the grass bank at the eastern end.
I also remember waiting for the 3rd siren after the game so you could run over and try and get autographs from the team :).
Makes you realise how distanced the game really is now from the people.
Will never be Paterson's to me.. always Subi!

sardines.jpg

008837-pn-image-subiaco-oval.jpg

That is all.

The best games I've been to at Subi were all last year - the Semi Final against Carlton, the win over Geelong and the thumping of Adelaide (the Mexican Wave game).

I also enjoyed the first night game at Subi which I believe was against Sydney and Peter Matera kicked a miracle goal from the pocket.

Worst games would be the second derby in 2010 and the loss to Brisbane in the same year.

Can't wait for Burswood! :thumbsu: Only position ~10650 on the membership waiting list! :eek:

They're all at the back of certain blocks, mainly on the first level. The view is pretty good - at least as far as Subi oval goes. The bulk are out of the sun as well, I haven't seen too many that aren't on the camera side.

Thanks for the help.

The seats were decent, we got a great view of the eagles' 3rd quarter obliteration.

546292_3264851736407_1605518942_n.jpg

I went there for the first time in a while on Thursday night. Hopefully it will be a while before I decide to go back. Access, seats and facilities are all crap. I only went because my kids were playing Auskick at half time. There is not even enough room for a five year old to get to his seat without everyone having to stand up to get out of the way.

Are you guys still actually getting a new stadium? I don't live over there but it will be a shame if Subiaco's abandoned. It does look quite outdated and in need of an upgrade and personally that's what I'd rather see. It's a unique and rather historic ground and I'm sure it could have again been turned into a great stadium with an upgrade, more undercover seats looks like something in need. What's with the video screens on each wing?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you guys still actually getting a new stadium? I don't live over there but it will be a shame if Subiaco's abandoned. It does look quite outdated and in need of an upgrade and personally that's what I'd rather see. It's a unique and rather historic ground and I'm sure it could have again been turned into a great stadium with an upgrade, more undercover seats looks like something in need. What's with the video screens on each wing?

you haven't been there in a while have you?

You didn't even bother browsing this board, did you?

you haven't been there in a while have you?

I said I don't live over there. The answer is no, I haven't been there. And I've read about the new stadium, but haven't seen anything recent. My original question was more of a "Its still going ahead, right?" type question.

Anyway with the two responses in mind, I'll just withdraw from this thread.

I said I don't live over there. The answer is no, I haven't been there. And I've read about the new stadium, but haven't seen anything recent. My original question was more of a "Its still going ahead, right?" type question.

Anyway with the two responses in mind, I'll just withdraw from this thread.

well it's a complete shithole if you were wondering :)

This is the seating chart for the manly v warriors game in july
7393908994_0819963abb_z.jpg

Does anyone know why some of the blocks opposite the city end are listed as unavailable?

I went there for the first time in a while on Thursday night. Hopefully it will be a while before I decide to go back. Access, seats and facilities are all crap. I only went because my kids were playing Auskick at half time. There is not even enough room for a five year old to get to his seat without everyone having to stand up to get out of the way.

How long since you took the kid to the G, to Etihad, ANZ, Footy Park, at least 6 years is my guess.

Because they are horrible seats and why would you want to sit there?

I was just wondering, my guess is that they would be classified as Level C tickets (or silver) and they don't want to add a fourth level of tickets.

I want to buy gold but I'm afraid of getting put on the bench seats, so I might just go G/A

Did anyone watch any of the WAFL grand finals during the 70s?

50,000 people at Subi must have been an experience. I'd have loved to have seen the 1979 GF live.

I went to the 1976 GF when Perth beat East Perth. I got saturated and was pretty miserable as well.

I also went to the 1978 GF when East Perth beat Perth which was much better.

I watched the 79 GF on tele and it is a classic !

What's the plan for the shithole after the new stadium gets up?

What's the plan for the shithole after the new stadium gets up?
My understanding is they'll rip down some of the stands and make it more usable for teh WAFL and probably hold about 20-25,000 people.

WC are also pretty keen to get access to a lot more of the area to expand their clubroom facilities which are seriously lacking

Remove this Banner Ad

Back