Patersons Stadium (Subiaco Oval) - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do you event stuff I've never ever said would ever aspire to saying?
Is it because you cannot win a straight argument so you have tp keep on inventing stuff I've said?

Sorry it's just that you continually seem to ignore volumes of content that stands in opposition to what you write eg: Light rail, Gateway Vision ect... So my guess would be you don't particular give such content any value.

Again you're wrong. You post volumes of shite that are in opposition to what you have created in your mind not what ive said. move on.

All i asked for was the same evidence and information that you have used to base your own opinion. Nothing more and nothing less.

What's the relevance of that "fact" in your opinion?

What's the relevance of you bumping the thread when all the information is contained in previous posts.

Oh, that's right. you want tohighlight the fact that before the election had even finished being counted Barnett was flagging that some "projects" might have to be stalled.

Guess which one he's likely to pick.

I suggested so (that's like a told-you-so).

Good to see Barnett is talking up the stadium now.
Surprised that it took so much input to come up demands like "wider seats".
Seemingly transport was the issue - well hello, catch the train like you're supposed to now.
(Of course a CBD location would have alleviated that, but that's NGTH".

I'm relieved a bit, because even though projects deffinitely look like slipping as I predicted at least the premier is talking up the stadium. ATM I look like changing by vote federally. IMO most Australians are stupid politically in that they ignore the good postion that Australia is in and focus on lousy leadership, but it's gone too far. HTF can our federal leader offer WA the same amount of money as the NT and less than Tas? Why is there no compensation package for WA investing in education? Why do we have to keep pandering to the WS of Sydney?
pfft!
It's interesting because a lot of promises were made with the supposition of federal funding but Tony says there's no precident for light rail funding only road funding. Yet isn't the stadium is supposed to have some federal funding?
How can federal money be promised to Brookvale Oval yet not to some important and potentially economically beneficial as light rail?

pfft!

Seemingly transport was the issue - well hello, catch the train like you're supposed to now.

I'm relieved a bit, because even though projects deffinitely look like slipping as I predicted at least the premier is talking up the stadium. ATM I look like changing by vote federally. IMO most Australians are stupid politically in that they ignore the good postion that Australia is in and focus on lousy leadership, but it's gone too far. HTF can our federal leader offer WA the same amount of money as the NT and less than Tas? Why is there no compensation package for WA investing in education? Why do we have to keep pandering to the WS of Sydney?
pfft!
It's interesting because a lot of promises were made with the supposition of federal funding but Tony says there's no precident for light rail funding only road funding. Yet isn't the stadium is supposed to have some federal funding?
How can federal money be promised to Brookvale Oval yet not to some important and potentially economically beneficial as light rail?

pfft!

Because there is not a whole lot of private interest a light rail, seeing as it would be government run.

pfft!

pfft!

You mean everything is just ticking along smoothly, and Colin hasn't cancelled to project like you were hoping. Now you've got nothing to be angry with Colin you're looking for another villain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean everything is just ticking along smoothly, and Colin hasn't cancelled to project like you were hoping.

FO AB.
I have always said I wanted a football stadium, in fact I've said numerous times that I would like the best stadium in the best position with the largest capacity as soon as possible.

We're not getting that.

So I hope there is no impediment to what we are supposedly getting which is NOT the best possible stadium in the best possible position with the largest capacity as soon as possible..

FO AB.
I have always said I wanted a football stadium, in fact I've said numerous times that I would like the best stadium in the best position with the largest capacity as soon as possible.

We're not getting that.

So I hope there is no impediment to what we are supposedly getting which is NOT the best possible stadium in the best possible position with the largest capacity as soon as possible..

And as we have repeatedly established, this is the best position available. We cannot say anything about the stadium itself because the architects haven't drawn it up yet.

Watching the Freo-Richmond game last night, I noticed there seems to be a lot more light coming from the broadcast side of the ground than the other side. Especially noticeable watching shots from behind the goals. The non-broadcast side of the players seemed a lot darker. I've never noticed this at other grounds, so I'm guessing they've done the lighting differently to other grounds.

But what I'm wondering is, how much difference does it make for spectators at the ground sitting on the outer wing?

Watching the Freo-Richmond game last night, I noticed there seems to be a lot more light coming from the broadcast side of the ground than the other side. Especially noticeable watching shots from behind the goals. The non-broadcast side of the players seemed a lot darker. I've never noticed this at other grounds, so I'm guessing they've done the lighting differently to other grounds.

But what I'm wondering is, how much difference does it make for spectators at the ground sitting on the outer wing?

Never really noticed it at the ground. All 4 light towers are identical, however there are a few lights on the roof of the stands on the broadcast side, so you're probably right.

Sit behind the goals normally but I sat on the outer wing for a night match about 5 years or so ago and to be honest there really isn't any difference.

Took some photos of the ground last night. Was a fun night seeing the best team in the world smash the force. Went up to the three tier stand for the first time during the warm up match and I can see why people complain. Two person wide concourses with zero amenities on the way up to a stand that you feel could fall down at any minute.

20130605_160552_zps291324cd.jpg

20130605_160229_zps5b7f5858.jpg

20130605_160001_zps51eec1a3.jpg

20130605_161206_zpsfc99cb03.jpg

20130605_174852_zpscbc943db.jpg

I was there on wednesday night and the crowd was pretty good. I sat in the 2 tier stand on the railway side.

Went to grab a beer just before half time, got to the front of the line and the kegs ran out. Not 1 of the 8 staff working behind the counter could change a keg. They had to radio for help and it took over 15 mins to rectify. There was a very long line of annoyed brits and irish gasping for a drink.

I was there on wednesday night and the crowd was pretty good. I sat in the 2 tier stand on the railway side.

Went to grab a beer just before half time, got to the front of the line and the kegs ran out. Not 1 of the 8 staff working behind the counter could change a keg. They had to radio for help and it took over 15 mins to rectify. There was a very long line of annoyed brits and irish gasping for a drink.

Nobody wants to work at a stadium, so the only people who do are kids. They've just gotten their RSA, have no practical experience, and are doing it for the resumé. You can't expect a huge amount, unfortunately. Save yer money and get mortal elsewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back