PC Pc Gaming/building thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Played a heap the COD beta over the weekend, and although the 1060 held up ok I think it’s time for a GPU upgrade.

With availability and pricing how it is I’m thinking of just going to a 3060. My monitors are only 1440p so I’m not chasing 4K.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Played a heap the COD beta over the weekend, and although the 1060 held up ok I think it’s time for a GPU upgrade.

With availability and pricing how it is I’m thinking of just going to a 3060. My monitors are only 1440p so I’m not chasing 4K.

The 4060 isn't expected until next year but it looks like the 3060ti has already started seeing price cuts. The 3060ti is a little bit more than the regular 3060 but for the extra couple hundred trust me that future you will appreciate it.

I expect the prices to come down a bit more between now and the 4060 launch but eventually stock may be an issue. Some with the fancy AIB coolers and designs are pretty dear but this is the best price I've seen on a full sized, triple fan 3060ti

The 4060 isn't expected until next year but it looks like the 3060ti has already started seeing price cuts. The 3060ti is a little bit more than the regular 3060 but for the extra couple hundred trust me that future you will appreciate it.

I expect the prices to come down a bit more between now and the 4060 launch but eventually stock may be an issue. Some with the fancy AIB coolers and designs are pretty dear but this is the best price I've seen on a full sized, triple fan 3060ti

Cheers, that price is pretty close to the regular 3060’s at PLE.

Do I need to check for motherboard compatibility or anything? I currently have a double fan one, much difference to a triple?

Cheers, that price is pretty close to the regular 3060’s at PLE.

Do I need to check for motherboard compatibility or anything? I currently have a double fan one, much difference to a triple?

It's usually just bigger heatsinks and better cooling so it can maintain its clocks better. Besides being budget the smaller twin fan cards are more for smaller form factor builds. Any 3060ti should only take a single 8 pin for power too so nothing special.

That is the cheapest I've seen that card. Looking around other places have it for $20-30 more. Cost price should be about the same for most PC stores so I'd be trying to get the same price as Centrecom are listing or waiting for the next price drop. Besides PLE I'm not sure of the other west Aussie chains for you to check out. Note that the price drops from here won't be considerably more. Typical retail markup is 30% so there is maybe 5-10% more room for them to budge while still making a meaningful profit. But if you want to wait then I think more 3060ti AIBs will drop sub $800 into the 700s. Not sure what you want to spend but the 1060 was a really good card for it time and is still going strong for a lot of 1080p gaming builds. If you want the same sort of longevity then that's why I think the 3060ti is a far better option if you're able to stretch just that little bit more. Easier said than done I know. There is simply nothing "budget" about PC gaming any more unfortunately. It's well and truly an enthusiast thing right now.

Chief Can you give dwwaino some kind of medal or % cut of that sweet sweet ad revenue for all the hard work he puts in on this thread (and this board I guess)

The new design to keep boosting until 95c makes me paranoid of throttling. I've got a few months anyway to see how others fair but safe to say I guess I'll be sticking to the 360mm AIOs

The 6900XT has a junction tMAX of 120C somewhere, I've seen it hit around 110 and it doesn't throttle.

It's designed for those temps, so I don't think you should worry.

I've seen some chips that are rated for 160C (granted they are for mining rgs (Like Rock mining) not crypto.

As long as your in spec with the performance sheet, you'll be good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of these are nuts lol. My iGame 3080 Vulcan OC which is 3090 size I thought was going to be one of the biggest graphics cards I'd ever see. Well it didn't take long.

Still way too early but the MSI "Suprim" has my interest early because I'm considering an all black stealth or black + chrome build next.

ATX has outlived it's usefulness.

We need a new motherboard standard, and a new PCIE standard.

The idea of adding additional Power connectors to the GPU is ****ing stupid (imo).

The PCIE slot should be able to deliver way more than it's current 75W of power.

ATX has outlived it's usefulness.

We need a new motherboard standard, and a new PCIE standard.

The idea of adding additional Power connectors to the GPU is ******* stupid (imo).

The PCIE slot should be able to deliver way more than it's current 75W of power.

As I say that ATX - Wikipedia

The specifications for ATX 3.0 were released in February 2022. It includes the new 16-pin 12VHPWR connector that can deliver up to 600 W to graphics cards. These incorporate data lines for components to negotiate power capabilities with the PSU so they do not draw more power than the PSU is capable of delivering. The specification also has more strict requirements for handling spikes.

The new design to keep boosting until 95c makes me paranoid of throttling. I've got a few months anyway to see how others fair but safe to say I guess I'll be sticking to the 360mm AIOs
Looks like even if you don't win the silicon lottery you might be able to undervolt the Ryzen 7000 series with decent results

Just been casually watching a few different 7000 series reviews. 7700x looking really good. Multi thread load it looks to hold about 5.1ghz which is the same as the 7900x, and for single thread 5.55ghz vs the 7900x's 5.6ghz. For gaming that's just about identical perf for the same price. Unlike the 5900x that was enthusiast king it looks like the 7900x might be the one to skip. 7700x for gamers, 7950x for productivity. Should there be a 7800x3d that would be something to factor later but that may be a while away yet.

Does anyone have/had the lian li no cables fans? Looking at getting some and throwing out all the stupid corsair s**t out of mine. Want to know if they are any good.

I’ve got the AL120s and extremely satisfied with them.

I’ve got 9 of the suckers in the 011 mini case.

If you buy three packs the controller is included I think.

Na mate, have a Lian Li case with the case fans installed and left them as is.

Holy s**t though, looked up these bad boys :hearteyes:

Might need to get a few SL120s!

Looks like it was Rich with the fans. I knew it was someone 😎

Those fans do look awesome. The Corsair ones are nightmare for cable management, especially if you were running the lighting hub and commander Pro like I had in my previous rig. My NZXT ones are good in that they can be daisy chained but those Lian Li ones look cleaner again.

Computer Alliance have 10% off everything on eBay, really want to pull the trigger on a GPU…

Season 4 Reaction GIF by The Office

Remove this Banner Ad

Back