Peake for Roberton Bargin

Remove this Banner Ad

Looked pretty good, especially considering debuting in a finals type atmosphere. But we come to expect this from our new kids.
The sooner the recruiting/scouting staff get a new contract with a bonus/raise the better.
If the 17 other clubs aren't trying to poach them they are being negligent..

Bound for finals, he is.

Always an interesting moment in everyone's life when you get to that point where you realise you just aren't as good/ going to be as good as you'd hoped or thought.

Just glad he wasn't at Freo when he realised how s**t he was. :)

Suck on it Brett.

Drum won't be much chop for Geelong either, I wouldn't have thought. So we unloaded two list cloggers for two picks in the 40s - Roberton and Crichton. Nice work. :)

I'm thinking more along the lines of suck s**t to all the Saints fans who were so certain they were going to turn him into an instant star once they got him away from Freo Oval.

I'm thinking more along the lines of suck s**t to all the Saints fans who were so certain they were going to turn him into an instant star once they got him away from Freo Oval.

The opposite is true really. He's only going to be of some use on open grounds, perhaps when they paly at grounds like Subi and Adelaide. Still reckon he'll be a depth player for them of some remote use as they don't have many out and out runner - certianly no use for us though with out current set-up/form etc. Win for us no doubt.

As for Drum, don't know if he's been injured or whatever, but if he couldn't get a run in these opening weeks with the team missing some of their stars from positions he could play, then I can't see how it's going to happen at all unless they get destroyed with injuries.

The opposite is true really. He's only going to be of some use on open grounds, perhaps when they paly at grounds like Subi and Adelaide. Still reckon he'll be a depth player for them of some remote use as they don't have many out and out runner - certianly no use for us though with out current set-up/form etc. Win for us no doubt.

As for Drum, don't know if he's been injured or whatever, but if he couldn't get a run in these opening weeks with the team missing some of their stars from positions he could play, then I can't see how it's going to happen at all unless they get destroyed with injuries.

Detached Retina apparently (from a Geelong supporter) hence why he hasn't been playing.

Roberton does look pretty good though, Bollenhagen actually looked one of the best players in the preseason to me (went to NAB and intraclub) so waiting for him to get sorted and push for selection as well.

Looking back further...

Troy Simmonds :eek:
Leigh Brown :eek: :p
Medhurst (was a loss overall for us in the Tarrant trade)

Help me out here - I know there are others. :confused:

Ohhhh, don't stop there. Nobody's mentioned the trade that has always just screamed complete, totally unopposed win...

We traded the talented but horribly injury prone Steven Koops at the end of 2003 (aged 25 at the time) to the Western Bulldogs for pick 19 in the 2003 National Draft. Koops went on to play 11 games for the Bulldogs as he continued to battle a terrible run with injuries and eventually retired in 2005 because of injury and family reasons.

Pick 19 in the 2003 National Draft was a young defender from country Victoria who came third in the Rising Star award in 2005 after making his debut that year. He has gone on to become an elite big bodied midfielder for Fremantle and is yet to miss an AFL game since his debut. His name will be at least mentioned at the All Australian selection table this season. David Mundy's his name.

The pick we got Roberton with was from the Drum trade. We used the Peake pick on Crichton.

That makes it even BETTER value then Drum is a CHOP!!! At least peake got some games while Drum is carrying on like a Biach even when he gets everything he wants.

Goodbye to bad rubbish!:D:thumbsu:

That makes it even BETTER value then Drum is a CHOP!!! At least peake got some games while Drum is carrying on like a Biach even when he gets everything he wants.

Goodbye to bad rubbish!:D:thumbsu:

Poor taste. :mad:

Please read above... Drum has had a retinal detatchment. Pretty nasty eye stuff. Could well be career ending.

Everytime roberton goes near the ball at half pace I am worried. He needs to click into AFL gear, seems to be at WAFL pace/intensity for mine. Probably still growing. Besides that his kicking generally looks ok.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everytime roberton goes near the ball at half pace I am worried. He needs to click into AFL gear, seems to be at WAFL pace/intensity for mine. Probably still growing. Besides that his kicking generally looks ok.

He was quiet but I thought what he did do was clean enough, at least I didn't notice him coughing it up which I'll take from a defender in his second game.

Tenacity.

In one word that is what this kid doesnt have and needs to discover ASAP if he is going to survive at AFL level.

Pedestrian.

In one work that is how I would describe the kids efforts on the weekend.

Some posters like to say "it was only his second game". But the truth is that you either have intensity or you dont. You dont learn to have "heart" it is something you are born with. The fact that he is running around at half pace is very worrying.

He should be dropped.

In response to Jetau, players traded out by Fremantle that I recall:

Peake
Drum
Simmonds
Warnock
Polak
Medhurst
Jeff White
Steven Koops
Kingsley Hunter
Gavin Mitchell
O'Reilly
Abraham
Burton
Sinclair
Black
McPhee
Carroll
Harding
Callaghan
Clement

Bell, Josh Carr I think were delisted/no compensation.
Koops, O'Reilly, Warnock trades look like the best wins for us from memory.

Long time supporters should have a crack at this:

http://www.sporcle.com/games/stmookeyj/freoalltime

Tenacity.

In one word that is what this kid doesnt have and needs to discover ASAP if he is going to survive at AFL level.

Pedestrian.

Some posters like to say "it was only his second game". But the truth is that you either have intensity or you dont. You dont learn to have "heart" it is something you are born with. The fact that he is running around at half pace is very worrying.

He should be dropped.

Nice prediction, with Silvagni and possibly Grover available I'd say he will be dropped back to wafl and it'll probably be good for him but as for the born with heart argument, crap. Some players go up a level like a bull at a gate some take time to adjust.

Nice Link, Freo Doc.

I was a bit disappointed with my result - 65 of 146.

got all the 100+ gamers bar Daniel Bandy: and he's probably worth forgetting.

My biggest blues were forgetting Dodd - that name would have earned me 2 extra points - and Ibbo.
It's amazing what a few weeks on the sidelines does for a man's reputation.

I'm also happily surprised to find that I my brain didn't offer Murphy or Gilmore as Dockers players. I've managed to relegate them to Bandy status already...

Tenacity.

Pedestrian.

He should be dropped.

spot on robert, maybe we should get the boxing gloves out to teach him a lesson :rolleyes:

Tenacity.

Pedestrian.

Some posters like to say "it was only his second game". But the truth is that you either have intensity or you dont.

There's a fine line between a lack of intensity and the players who just always seem to have time when in possession and are cool under pressure.

Hayden, Mundy, Johnson and Silvagni are like that at Freo, and Dal Santo, Goodes, Hird and Akermanis also look to be cruising in third gear at times.

Roberton has been under pressure each time I saw him near the ball though dominic. Which is why I'm cringing when I see him at that half pace and opponent arms about to hit him.

I've just gone back and checked - We traded Peake to St Kilda for 48 and Drum to Geelong for 49. Crichton was drafted at 48 and Roberton at 49. So it was Peake for Crichton and Drum for Roberton.

They are still both wins, even if Crichton and Roberton never play another game of footy... :D

In response to Jetau, players traded out by Fremantle that I recall:

Peake
Drum
Simmonds
Warnock
Polak

Medhurst
Jeff White
Steven Koops
Kingsley Hunter
Gavin Mitchell
O'Reilly
Abraham
Burton
Sinclair
Black
McPhee
Carroll
Harding
Callaghan
Clement

http://www.sporcle.com/games/stmookeyj/freoalltime

Bolded players are still on an AFL list now. How Simmonds and Polak are still on an AFL list has got me stuffed.

But you forgot the Anvil :eek:

Wouldn't take any of those players back now...hang on, we already took McPheee back ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back