FTA-TV Peep Show

Remove this Banner Ad

lucky i posted in this thread otherwise i wouldn’t of known it was on. Some shows peak early and then go to s**t, this one just keeps getting funnier.

The whole season has been really good and yeah the Christmas episode was great. Probably one of the most awkward episodes they've done.

Superhans to Mark's Mum: "Have you ever had a parrot" "uhh, no" "Cause you look like you'd enjoy a cockatoo"

"CAULIFLOWER IS TRADITIONAL!!"

One of the writers of Peep Show, Jesse Armstrong, is a also a key writer for The Thick Of It, one of the other great British comedy series of recent times.

The movie In The Loop is based on TTOI.

I think The Office does, but it was only 2 seasons and has less truly hilarious moments IMO. The Office is more popular though no doubt and more influential. But the Guardian agrees with me, and I don't know too much about the UK newspaper scene, but they publish a great cryptic crossword so I would like to think they're a smart bunch!! It's one of these shows that has never rated hugely but has a big cult following and good DVD sales. Like Arrested Development.

Ricky Gervais actually came out a few years ago raving about Peep Show calling it the best show on tv and said "the last thing I got genuinely excited about on British TV was Peep Show, which I thought was the best sitcom since Father Ted"

And it's still going and has been consistently good. I rate David Mitchell really highly. Only have to watch him on stuff like QI to see how funny he is - his rants are legendary.

David Mitchell writes an excellent column in The Observer.

Its available at www.guardian.co.uk on Mondays Ausie time (due to time differences ... The Observer is the Sunday version of The Guardian hence using its web address)

There's a scene in Series One where Jeremy is sitting around bored in the afternoon and remembers Mark had asked him to do the dishes.

(POV cuts to dishes. Jez internal voiceover)

"I could do the dishes. I should do the dishes ... or I could smoke the rest of that skunk, sit on Big Suze's dildo and wank myself dry'

One of the writers of Peep Show, Jesse Armstrong, is a also a key writer for The Thick Of It, one of the other great British comedy series of recent times.

The movie In The Loop is based on TTOI.

I saw In The Loop today, one of the funniest things i've seen. Magnificent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched eps 2-6 from series 7 last night - absolutely awesome.

I was a little skeptical after ep1 but they well and truly returned to their best.

Great to see one of the best sitcoms of all time end on such a high note.

love this show,started from the start few months back l got up to EP 4 or 5 in season 4 the the ep would not play so l missed out on the whole wedding thing .l skipped to season 5 with out seeing what happened even thou l kinda know what happened if that makes any sents.l really need to get those 2 missing eps just to fill in the gaps.

The wedding episode, where Mark and Jez are hiding and Jez pisses his pants, and the piss starts to drip through the cracks, I laughed so insanely I couldn't control my organism physically, yet I retained an objective mental attitude and was able to observe myself in this unfamiliar state. I couldn't logically say that the moment warranted such obscene hysterics, and yet they were produced, including cheeks drenched in tears and a strange high pitched yelping.

"What, a bristly slice of cheeseless pizza, lightly brushed in your piss? How could I refuse..."

The scene where they get trapped in Zahra's apartment hallway is brilliant. I thought the first two episodes of season 7 were fairly weak by Peep Show's standards, but from episode 3 it's as good as it's ever been.

Bump. Just watched all 8 seasons in about a fortnight.

But how has this scene not yet been mentioned?

[YOUTUBE]3RvbIfZmiUc[/YOUTUBE]

Agree that Super Hans is brilliant btw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back